Beiträge von HUEY

Hi,

I use my TI 1 desktop on a dedicated WinXPsp3 (32 bit) Music PC for years without problems.
    Recently I bought a new laptop with Win8 64bit

Can I install the 64 bit Ti software on my laptop use the Virus there, then simply disconnect the USB cable and put it in my 32 bit WinXP systems without problems?

I Ask because maybe the software inside the Virus itself (firmware?) is also updated when installing the TI software on a 64 bit system

Thanks

. we have implemented the warning message so users can optimize their systems for best performance. if you can, it is in your interest to adjust the settings accordingly.
    marc

Our problem is that we can not optimize our systems, only by buying a new soundcard. Maybe not a fault of Access, but in my case the cheapest solutions for a 10 in 10 output card will cost at leat Euro 450,- which I do not want to spent at the moment.. I have to deal with the situation as is for now.

There are already 6 threads about the release date of OS5.
    Access never ever gave a release date in the past for a new OS version.
    So I think it's a little bit pointless to keep asking

but in any way there problems, and those problems are very big :)

I agree on that. For me it's totally unusable and I'm already back to the previous beta version.
    I can not imagine nobody else noticed this because I discovered this after a few minutes of testing. I did reset the virus after install, I restarted my PC but nothing helped. After that I installed the last beta version again and everything "sounds" normal again.

I hope it can be solved quick.

Cheers

There are problems for sure!!
    Walk through the patches from the "Impulse factory Hardstyle soundset"
    Some patches sound distorted, some do not sound at all, from some patches some keys do not give a signal or a very low or hard signal etc etc etc

Windows XPsp3 32 bit and Virus TI 1 Desktop

B.t.w. I can not reproduce the "hypersaw problem"

I have the same problem.
    I have a Focusrite Saffire pro 10 and I can not change the buffer size to 64, 128, 256 or 512 samples.
    The Asio control panel of the focusrite only alllows me to set latency (Asio buffer size) in ms. (milliseconds).

I have no (noticible) problems with this release or previous releases, so must I ignore the warning or is there something else I can do?

Cheers

I replaced the Focusrite Saffire driver for the AISO4ALL driver so I can change the buffer size to the requested Virus bufffer size in samples (not ms)
    Error message gone and far better results!! :)
    Very tight timing and even lower latency then with the original driver. I can still use all my outputs and inputs of the soundcard (a lot of equipment is connected via "external instruments" in Cubase 5)

Maybe this is a solution for the Emu users as well

Cheers

Same here with the EMU 0404. Unfortunately the EMU support couldn't tell me the corresponding buffer size values, or whether they are considering to add a buffer sample size option :(

I've coded a small application to check the buffer size, and assuming i got it right it looks like none of the available ms options (2ms to 745ms) results in a buffer size that would be a multiple of 64, so there's not even a chance to test whether any of the problems i'm experiencing with the TI is related to odd buffer sizes :( ²

This is from the focusrite site and talks about protools and driver problem, but it's the same problem for the Virus Ti i think:
    I dit not try the solution yet (ASIOforALL)

Using one of the original Saffire units with Pro Tools 9 on a PC
    In order to use an original Saffire, Saffire LE, Saffire Pro 10, or Saffire Pro 26 with Pro Tools 9 on a PC, you will currently need to utilise third party driver software.

Pro Tools requires the drivers of audio devices to use one of a selection of specific buffer sizes, which are defined in number of samples. The buffer settings in the current drivers for the above products are defined in milliseconds (ms) and so it isn't possible to select an ASIO buffer size that is acceptable to Pro Tools.

There is however a third-party ASIO driver called ASIO4ALL, which can be downloaded from http://www.asio4all.com. This can be used with the Focusrite interfaces listed above instead of the Focusrite drivers (although please note that the Focusrite drivers should still be installed), and it uses buffer sizes specified in number of samples that are recognised by Pro Tools. This should enable the old Focusrite Saffire units to be utilised with Pro Tools 9 on a PC.

I received an error message about my buffer sizes because I use the Emu 1616m which (for some reason) only allows for really strange buffer settings.

I have the same problem.
    I have a Focusrite Saffire pro 10 and I can not change the buffer size to 64, 128, 256 or 512 samples.
    The Asio control panel of the focusrite only alllows me to set latency (Asio buffer size) in ms. (milliseconds).

I have no (noticible) problems with this release or previous releases, so must I ignore the warning or is there something else I can do?

Cheers