Beiträge von HUEY

Can you please give us more detailed information about whats new in this release?

Thank you!

About TIOS 4.5.0 Release
    Resolved issues, refinements and new features:
    • SE: New Choruses, Rotary Speaker and Mod Matrix Sources
    • VC: improved efficiency of USB transmission protocol
    • VC: Editor opening and closing time for already instanced Plug-In (improved)
    • VC: Error message when no PDF reader installed (fixed)
    • VC: Documentation not accessible via “?” Menu (fixed)
    • VC: Create Empty Library from Patch Save menu (new feature)
    • VC: Part output assignment got lost when switching Virus TI off (fixed)
    • VC: LFO clock divider could not be automated (fixed) version 4.5.0.03
    • VC: "Midi driver failed" error shown after Virus TI Software Suite installation (fixed)
    • VC: Part level control did not show volume when hovering over it (fixed)
    • VC: Some parameters not adjustable in Live tutorial song (fixed)
    • VC: Old presets and projects might load with incorrect parameter settings (fixed)
    • VC: dB text does not fit into reverb/delay knob when being larger than 7 chars (fixed)
    • VC: Fixes an issue related to the latest W7 service pack
    • VC: Fixes a crash with Protools 9.0.1
    • VC: Plug-In not functional after Mac went to sleep (fixed)
    • HI: Improvement to hardware scanning
    • HI: Cutoff 2 Knob could have the wrong name in the value readout popup.
    Known issues:
    Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase.

we've tried to replicate the problem today and here, it seems fine. we also analyzed the sysex dumps and they seem to be identical to the patch sent. you should work with support on this one, maybe we need more info.

best, marc

Thank you for watching tjhe video, testing and your reply
    I will investigate further and if necessary contact support

Greetz

A simple test wich I can reproduce:

*Put the Virus in seq. mode
    *Select RAM-B1 ARCTIS HS on channel 1
    *Perform Store->Dump Arrangement
    *Play back the sound (without reading back the dumped sysex). The Virus now only plays on the left output channel (I use output channel 1). I have to power it of to get it back in "stereo". putting it in "sleep mode" is not sufficient. I really have to take the power cable of to get it working normal again.

I made a movie of the test wich explains further
    Can anyone please confirm?
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jrn8pn

A simple test wich I can reproduce:

*Put the Virus in seq. mode
    *Select RAM-B1 ARCTIS HS on channel 1
    *Perform Store->Dump Arrangement
    *Play back the sound (without reading back the dumped sysex). The Virus now only plays on the left output channel (I use output channel 1). I have to power it of to get it back in "stereo". putting it in "sleep mode" is not sufficient. I really have to take the power cable of to get it working normal again.

I tested the same as above.
    *The patchnames do change but not he "location" after reading back the dumped sysex (or is this normal??)
    *Sometimes a patch/sound is "blocked after performing a dump (The virus do not produce any sound on a selected channnel ttill you jump to a next patch and/or back)
    *Sometimes a patch sounds only on the left output channel (and softer) after performing a dump (and not reading it back)
    *Sometimes a patch sounds "scrambled" after reading back a sysex dump

Am I doing something wrong or is it still not working?

i'm sorry to hear that. to clarify three things i didn't mention when i commented on the problem a couple of weeks ago in the first place:

- sending sysex over USB works fine, it is only when you use the MIDI plugs.

Are you sure?
    Several people in this thread report the problem when using the USB-midi

Br

Did you already try to reinstall the OS from "Virus control Center"?

Problems solved :)

*The memory sync problems were gone after a complete re-install on a different USB port
    *The saving problem is solved by unchecking the "read only" option of the "patches" folder under "my documents/access music"

Now I can sleep again :thumbup:

Since recently my patches do not save anymore, using the drag and drop methode or using the save option in VC??
    When I drag a loaded patch from the left section in Virus control to a empty slot in a bank, it looks like the patch is saved, but after reopening Virus Control in Cubase the saved patch is gone?? This worked before. I tried several tests but with no succes. (OS. 4.0.5.1)

So I tried to save the patch the a Ram slot with Virus control. This works, but now the Virus have to sync patches everytime I open virus control (Both VST2 and VST3). This takes just a couple of seconds, but it did not do it before.

So I tried to reset the virus (holding down the exit botton while powering up)->no succes
    Then I tried a firmware update with virus control center->no succes
    Then I tried a full re-install of software and drivers->Still no succes. (Still initializing pathes everytime I open virus control and still not saving of patches using VC)

Any idee??