Beiträge von richard87

thanks for the reply ohmsweetohm, I appreciate it.

Would you happen to have the Filter Tutorial link to share ?

I recently bought myself a FFT analyser so ill get hands on and hopefully I can gain a visual idea of whats happening with the filters and learn from that too. Im sure its not so difficult , im just new to the 2 x filters.

You got messenger or anything ? would you be interested in getting in touch ? sounds like your experienced in the field and I would love to talk technical chit chat.

take it easy
    thanks

hey all,

Im on the learning curve with synthesis and have been a owner of TI2 Desktop for only a few weeks. (my first hardware synth).
    Im here now trying to gain better knowledge on the TI's Filter and how it relates in a practical manner to sound design.

I will start with the Filter / Series configuartion:
    So my first question is:

(Q1) By having the same Cutoff value on both filters does it turn into a 4 Pole Slope Filter ? or is it just a re-inforced 2 Pole ?
    (Q2) When the Cutoffs are "Linked" whats the point then of having a different cutoff value for both filters ?
    (Q3) Whats the point of "UN-linking" the cutoff between the filters ?
    (Q4) In regards to sound design what is the purpose of "Offset Filters" , would this only be useful to do things like create your own bandpass or bandstops ? or is there more to it then that ?

My guess answers are:

(A1) Re-inforce 2 Pole ?
    (A2) Having Cutoffs Linked and setting individual cutoff value's you can create your own bandpass / bandstop filter ?
    (A3) The point of un-linking the cutoff is so it reduces to a 2 Pole sweeping through ? (less filtered sound ?)
    (A4) Having a "un-linked" cutoff and offset filters you have individual control over both filter cutoffs , i don't understand what this is useful for , is it useful for more custom modulation options ? or other reasons aswell ?

I would like to know what other people do with cutoff linking / unlinking and offsetting filters etc ?

any input would be greatly appreciated

Hi all,

I have Sysex format Patches that I would like to load into my Virus TI through FL Studio 10.

Ive read through various sources trying to understand the process but the concept is still hazy to me.

If anyone could be kind enough to explain to me in a step by step fashion on "How to load Sysex Patch files into the Virus TI" would be greatly appreciated.

take care :)

Every knob section has its own edit button which brings up its own edit menu, therefore: the filter edit button is below the "filter resonance" knob, and the oscillator edit button is under the "oscillator shape" knob.

hi there , thanks for the reply.

It took me all this time just to realise that all I needed to do was navigate using the "Parameters" <- -> button while in the edit menu.

thanks for all the help , appreciate it.

ok guys , I finally figured out how to route the 3 x Virus Outputs to seperate mixer channels.

It was a matter of selecting the part number in the Virus Control , then navigate to the "common" page settings and set the correct "output".

for eg.

Select Part 1 -> Common -> Output -> USB 1 L+R
    Select Part 2 -> Common -> Output -> USB 2 L+R
    Select Part 3 -> Common -> Output -> USB 3 L+R

thanks for all the help , appreciate it :)

thanks for the help.

Firstly , I understand now that 3 x Virus TI Outputs is the maximum for USB Connection with FL Studio.

Secondly, The Plugin Delay Compensation seems to have been fixed using the 98.68ms trick as mentioned in this link
    http://virus.info/forum/index.…ad&postID=21082#post21082

However there is 1 last problem I am facing which concerns routing the 3 x Virus TI Outputs into seperate mixer channels. I have not figured this out yet.

1) When I load the FL Studio Virus Tutorial Project all 3 x Virus TI Outputs are going through the same mixer channel.

I am unable to load anymore then 1 instance of Virus Control at any one time , therefor I am unable to assign 3 Virus Controls to 3 seperate mixer channels. (this seems like the method for all of the tutorials for FL9 and below)
    When I try to load a second instance of Virus Control the window pops up with a message saying "please connect the Virus TI.

The MIDI Outs in FL Studio do not seem to have a "assign to mixer channel" function , unless im blatently missing it ? any ideas ?

thanks for all the help so far , its been great :)

Env Polarity: FILTER EDIT, Filter # 2/2 -> Env Polarity [Positive/Negative]

Osc phase init: Press osc edit twice, Common 1/2 -> Phase Init [Off...127]

Hi roby , thanks for the help.

However I am still having difficulties locating these parameters.

How exactly do i execute a "double press edit" ? when I press Osc Edit twice fast it just skips through page 1 and 2 of the standard edit page.

Also I still cannot locate "Phase Init" through the filter Edit menu , I do come Filter 2/2 section , but just basic things like cutoff , link , resonance etc. just cant seem to find phase init.

sorry for the noobness

thanks for the replies.

dchord UNLIMITED your link has been the most helpful so far.

I followed the prompts and turnt off "F10StereoVersion" located in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Access Music\Virus TI\Virus Control , This has now opened up a total of 3 x VirusTI Outputs.

However my question is , What is the "other one" registry value I need to modify ? I took some print screen shots to better show my situation.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://imageshack.us/a/img18/2051/viruscontrolregistry.th.jpg]

Another question (Q) Is the "Invalid" Latency Registries anything to worry about ? I have noticed when writing basslines such as kbbb kbbb kbbb kbbb for trance that it doesn't sound right it sounds like kbb kbb kbb kbb but when i sample it and re-write it exactly the same it sounds normal again.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://imageshack.us/a/img266/8959/ti2processingsettings2.th.jpg]

So whats the 2nd Virus Registry Im looking for to open up from 3 x outputs to 16 x outputs ?

I suggest to try the tutorial project, and see how it is set up, or use it as template for future projects.
    In any case, the Virus MIDI responds to 16 parts, but the Virus audio outputs through 3 USB and 3 line outputs. You can configure the routing from VC's common page. Also make sure you are using the multiple out version of the VC VSTi, and the communication mode is 1 in / 3 out.

thanks for the reply. appreciate it.

I had read through that guide previously and re-read it , I understand it more or less , it seems like FL10 is significantly different to this FL9 tutorial though.

A few examples are:

1) Options have changed in the Fruity Wrapper
    2) Theres no option to set USB L + R for any of the 16 parts , seems like its done through a master setting somewhere.
    3) As previously mentioned I am unable to load anymore then 1 instance of Virus Control at any one time , the virus control windows has a msg saying "please connect the virus TI"

I tried loading the Virus TI in both VST 1&2 and VST3 format , both still only had 1 x Virus TI output. So I am uncertain what exactly is the "multiple out version of the VC VSTi "

In the youtube tutorials I watched , it shows under the Virus "Processing" settings 16 x Virus TI outputs , where as mine only has 1 x Virus TI output.

Last thing to mention is that FL Studio gave me a message saying something along the lines of "This version of FL Studio does not support multiple outs anymore" or something like that. Could this be the problem of it all ?

I took a few print screen shots to show you the state of my settings. any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://imageshack.us/a/img221/8985/ti2commonpage.th.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://imageshack.us/a/img571/3848/ti2inputoutputconfigura.th.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://imageshack.us/a/img856/4479/ti2processingsettings.th.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://imageshack.us/a/img812/9745/flstudiowrapperoptions.th.jpg]

any clues ?

Hi all,

I am using FL Studio 10 and I am experiencing a problem where my TI2 is only allowing routing of 1 MIDI Output , being the Part 1 / Patch 1 slot out of the 16 in total.

The Ti2 is running in "Sequencer Mode"

In the TI2 Settings , the MIDI Input and Output ports are both set to 0.

However , in the "Processing" Settings there is always only 1 x Virus TI output instead of the 16 in total.

The funny thing is I can still control the other 15 parts by loading more "MIDI Outs" but its all routed through the same mixer channel.

Also when I go back to view the Virus Control Window it turns back to controlling part 1. So its not really useful for working with multiple patches at one time.

When I try to load another instance of Virus Control it comes up saying "please connect the virus TI" , I dont know if this means anything , I just did it for experiment purposes.

I hope I wasn't too confusing and you can understand more or less.

are there any crucial settings I maybe overlooking , or any FL Studio users with experience ?

any help would be greatly appreciated , thankyou :)