Beiträge von tomf

I've had a power issue for a while with my virus, basically some mornings it doesn't turn on when I pree the transpose buttons down, the led just goes dead and I have to flick it on and off at the wall to get it on.

Ive tried two different power packs in it, same thing. Access said it could be a motherboard issue and to send it to their service centre - but I just don't see the point in getting it fixed because there is no support for OSX Catalina or big sur - so why get it fixed to turn on ok when I can't use it properly.

But what I have noticed is when those transpose buttons are blinking when its in standby mode - if you wait till it blinks brightly and press them both down just at that moment, it comes on nearly every time.

No idea why but it seems to work for me.

This of course doesn't fix the problem with access not supporting the virus for Catalina or big sur, but at least its a work around for the power issue.

just thought id share incase it helped anyone else.

Thanks

Has anyone else noticed how slow the Access Virus website is?

It seems like most links you click take forever to load. I've noticed it on here for some time. If I go on any other website at the same time they load instantly.

Hi,

Virus TI Polar here, had it about 10 years now. Been having powering on problems for a year or two now.

Basically when I come to power it on, the on/off buttons have a little light pulsing away - fine - then when I press them down the thing just dies. So I have to turn the power on and off at the plug to get it to come back on. Sometime is have to do this many times.

Ive changed the battery inside, and ive changed the power supply too. Still the same.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks for any help and advice.

I find it very disappointing that the virus isn't compatible with catalina after nearly a year of it being released. Nearly all other audio companies have respected their customers by making sure their products are compatible and working with Catalina.

There's a new operating system coming soon for Mac, it's been that long.

It's wise and suggestible to not upgrade the OS when they FIRST come out, give companies a chance to get their products working with the new OS, but this is just beyond belief from Access.

apologies i missed this, i didn't get any email notifications that people had replied.

I've heard people say that they ditched usb and just used midi for the virus. But then you can't load the TI plugin it seems. Is that correct?

Hi,

I am using -

Virus TI Polar 5.1.7

logic pro X 10.4.4

mac OS X 10.12.6

I have a mac pro 2009, the usb is from the virus to the usb port on the front of the mac pro. There are 2 on the front, the other one is empty.

I have a midi cable going from the virus, to my audio interface and out the interface to the IN on the virus.

When i play the ARP presets in the virus control plugin in logic, sometimes they are in sync, sometimes not, more often they are not in sync. I have noticed it seems like if you are in loop mod in logic it gets progressively worse each time it cycles around the loop.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I'm just about sick to death of it.

Thanks

Hi,

I find the arp on the virus TI to be so hit and miss, sometimes it's in sync with ableton, sometimes not. It's extremely frustrating.

I have the latest 5.1.7.00 update, on mac OS X 10.12.6 - ableton 10 latest version.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Hi,

I upgraded my os to yosemite 10.10.5, running ableton 9.2.2. Virus TI Polar 5.1.3 (just updated) - But now, every time i open ableton, my virus says its syncing patches with virus control, and does so for about 2 minutes.

Any ideas on why this is or how to stop it? Obviously it never used to do it.

Thanks for any help and advice

Hi,

I get emails from this website saying 'someone has replied to your post.....etc etc....please click this link to go to the thread' - but when i click the link it takes me to the access virus main website where i have to then log in, go to community, go to forums, then find my post.

I've never known anything like it, it's sooooo annoying!!

Can this hopefully be sorted out?

Yes the window of Virus control on the screen. they don't load even when using the arrow keys to scroll through them. You have to double click each one to load it into the synth. It's becoming very annoying.

Hi, I was just wondering if it's possible to scroll through the presets list onscreen via the Ti buttons?

I know you can flick through banks and patches on the hardware but this doesn't scroll through the onscreen patches, but I'd like to be able to scroll through the patches onscreen on the software. At the moment the only way I can do it is by double clicking the mouse on each preset onscreen.

Any ideas or help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I found a patch i like in my TI, but the sound goes from normal to virtually silent every 4 or 5 seconds, like something is being modulated, but nothing as far as i can see is being modulated.

I just want the sound playing at a constant volume all the time,

any one have any ideas or help? It would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tom

Am i correct in thinking that the RAM banks A,B,C and D are just a collection of sounds from all the ROM banks? I don't understand the point of having the RAM banks. why not just have the ROM banks???

Hi,

I have noticed that when i select the 'favourites 1' category on my virus polar, and cycle through the presets, it only shows about 35 presets, but in the browser section of the virus plugin the favourites 1 category has 68 presets.

I noticed as i scroll through the presets using the + and - buttons, it's like it just jumps some and misses them out.

This also seems to be true for all categories. It's like if i want to go through all presets then i have to scroll using the virus plugin browser.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong or if i have missed something? I would like to be able to scroll through the categories and have access to ALL the presets within that category.

Hope that makes sense, many thanks.

(also - i have created my own bank for my custom made sounds, called 'my patches' but this doesn't show up on the lcd screen on the virus, i have to go into the browser in the plugin to see my bank, am i doing something wrong here too?)

Thanks for any help or advice, i really appreciate it.

Tom

Hi all,

Just a quick bug/problem, i've been using all 3 oscillators and have noticed that the portamento goes full on at random times, i think only when oscillator 3 is on.

Must be a glitch because i was watching the Portamento knob in the virus control window in logic and sure enough as i was playing around with osc 3, the portamento just jumped right up, i wasn't pressing shift like you should do to access portamento, it just sprung up to full on portamento on its own accord.

I reset it back to zero but then randomly it will jump back up! Very annoying.

anyone got any ideas or fixes?

all help appreciated.

many thanks

Tom

Hi, you can download the whole virus manual from this site, which has a big chapter dedicated to getting you up and running as fast as possible.

The Virus only has 3 stereo outputs, if you select 'new multi timbral instrument' in logic (with 16 tracks), then in that new instrument load in the Virus AU plugin as multi output 3x stereo output, you will now find that each of your 16 tracks in the arrangement page will correspond to the 16 parts of the virus.

To have full control of some of the sounds, e.g 3 stereo outputs, click the '+' symbol of the virus channel strip in logic, this will open up 2 of its AUX channels - virus 3-4 and virus 5-6. You know how 3 stereo outputs, and can still use the other 13 parts - if you want further control of those 13 parts i would suggest playing in by midi then muting the midi and bouncing it to audio, then putting that on an audio track so you can process it on its own.

You can have 6 mono outputs i do believe, you need to read the book and learn about the virus control page - e.g routing the outputs of your virus - USB1 L+R, USB 2 L + R and USB 3 L+R, those are your 3 stereo outputs.

I know it sucks that you can only have 3 stereo outputs, i hope this will be improved.

Hope that helps. :)