Beiträge von skittb123

For now, for me, it's a potato. Let me explain... Just starting it says not to use the USB port, you have to use the MIDI port, leaving you without the possibility of using the synthesizer in an external way, you are conditioned to use it with DAW.

I have a Nord Modular G2 and Nord Micromodular that have a patch editor, but, but, they have an exclusive MIDI port to connect with the computer, leaving another free MIDI port to do whatever you want, such as having a set of machines. The computer ONLY serves to deal with patches.

This is what I expected from this fudge, that the USB port would be used to handle the Patchs and with the MIDI port used with an external drumboxs and synth system.

Even though it tells you not to, clicking ''Virus TI Synth'' for Midi In and Midi Out works perfectly fine. using USB seems to be a bit more stable and faster than midi too.

Does anyone know how to save patches though? Loading INIT patches works fine but ATM I only know how to edit the 16 patches that are already loaded into my Virus...

Purchased Mystery Islands VIrusHC and indeed you are right you are using your Virus as an external instrument, which is great! Midi timing is very tight!

I still can't find out how to save patches though.. Have you got any idea?

IMO, there are plenty of software alternatives. Serum comes to mind first, and Massive / Massive X is probably even the better VA/Wavetable synth overall. And then there's FM8 to cover all your FM needs. However, if you are looking for hardware (with full DAW integration), nothing comes close to the Virus TI's features and flexibility: VA/Wavetable/FM Synth, pretty flexible Modulation Matrix, tons of effects, even offering decent Reverbs, 16 Part multi-timbral, lots of control knobs... the Kyra comes close, but it offers no DAW integration at all.

I legally own all of the products you mention except for Kyra but none of them are a replacement to the Virus in terms of ''sound''. Yes I know that is a vague term, but try making a lead as ''fat'' and wide in any of the mentioned plugins. The recipe for the Virus Sound seems simple: the Hypersaw Osc, the The unison that individually pans the voices, , and the especially filter envelopes and the distortion inside the filters. Like I said, Dune comes very close in terms of this functionality, -and in somer aspects it's better- yet it still doesn't sound like a Virus. That's not to sound it's impossible to almost recreate those sounds, but takes a lot more time. If there was a good alternative I would've jumped the bandwagon already.

It's kinda laughable now.

I've almost retired my Virus Ti. Very rarely turn it on now. Used to be my main work-horse.

That's very sad.. :( I'm probably very stubborn but it's still my go-to synth... even though I had to buy a Presonus Quantum 2626 audio interface and Cubase 10.5 for it.. and now that I think about it that's also kind of ridiculous.. since Big Sur will probably make it completely useless... :cursing:

I bought my Virus TI 2 Keyboard in January 2019. Since it was (and still is) advertised with total integration, I think this is a warranty issue.

From a legal perspective this is actually a warranty issue for you. EU consumer law states that a product should at least work as advertised for 2 years. (And in some countries such as NL it's actually as long as reasonable.) You actually have every right to claim your money back. Maybe more people (that are within warranty) should. Should give Access an extra kick in the ass. ;)

On another note though, I’ve just come across this, have any of you tried it?

https://sonicstate.com/news/20…/touch-for-virus-updated/

I've looked into this and it looks awesome, for toying around it could be fun... but the problem is that you'd need the midi in + out ports of your Virus to connect this to your iPad. Because of this you can't connect your Virus to your DAW at the same time, so you can't use it for actual production/songwriting.

Loading patches would be awfully slow too since it uses Midi..

OMG, I just bought macbook pro 16 were Catalina can only be installed, I installed all software and then realized Virus Ti Snow doesn't work. Almost all of my tracks include Virus sound. Can we expect something soon? It is really impossible for me to deal with this since a lot of my tracks are unfinished. Please do something!

Same situation here. It's been a year now. I don't we can expect an update anymore. I've been in contact with Access support a lot and when asked about the update they've changed their tone from ''we don't have an update at this very moment, to recommending to use the TI as a midi instrument instead.'' This shows me they've given up and are not willing to invest into the TI anymore. On Catalina you can still use the Analog Outs though, although the midi timing is very messy compared to audio via USB. Moving on to MacOS Big Sur, the Virus TI plugin completely ceased working. You can still use the Virus as an actual midi instrument, but this actually causes the hypersaws (one of the major reasons I bought a TI) to sound a lot worse.

The jitter isn't perfect, or as good as the plug-in - but it's certainly not audible. ...and it may be more related to USB MIDI jitter.

The huge benefit though, is latency. It's negligible if your interface supports low latency.

I’m not using USB when using HCvirus so it can’t be related to USB midi.. I also don’t know how you can say the latency is better, it’s exactly the same as with the plugin using the analog outputs..

And may I ask how you are managing patches in your songs? Can you save a song with HCvirus in it and have it load it up the song’s patches automatically when opening?

There is actually a Virus library manager called the "Access VirusHC Editor & Librarian" by MysteryIslands Music. Give it a search. Though I have not used it myself, it seems to be a great solution; it also works for old models. :)

If you haven't used it yourself you aren't really in the position to recommend it. I have tried it. Same midi timing problems and crashes when you try to save a patch. Also can't save patches in your songs.

Hi,

I am using my Virus TI in combination with a Presonus Quantum2626 to feed the analog outs back into an aux channel in Logic Pro X.

Using this interface I managed to get I/O buffer size down to 64. When playing back the midi notes I only have to manually pre delay the notes 6 ms to get them perfectly on beat.

This works great, until I select or open another (Audio or Instrument) channel.

When the instrument channel of the Virus TI is not selected, the midi timing of my Virus goes all screwed up. It only goes back to normal when I press stop and select the instrument channel of the Virus TI again. This also happens when using the HCvirus plugin btw. Changing the buffer size make no difference, only the midi jittering gets worse with larger buffer sizes.

does anyone know how to solve this?

Here's a video I recorded to show the problem. Youtube Video

DAW: Logic Pro X 10.5.2

Hardware: Presonus Quantum2626

And that could be the reason why we still haven't heard anything from Access: Imagine they fix it for Catalina and it breaks again for Big Sur...

That's not really an excuse for the radio silence we've had last year. I also don't think Access could've anticipated this.. I'm sure Apple's announcements were just as much a surprise to developers.

Zitat

Not happy with the idea of a half baked substitite, I still hope for a real TI solution.

100% Agree!