Beiträge von skittb123

Where does the sound come from? The Mac's speakers? Virus Headphone out, analog out? Can you change its loudness with the volume control?

It's not coming the Mac's speakers, I've already checked. It's coming from the USB port and you only hear it when the Virus is connected. I'm on my 3rd Mac mini 2018 now (had to exchange due to bluetooth problems) and this one still gives me the coil whine.

Whenever I connect my Virus TI2 Desktop to my brand new 2018 Mac Mini it causes some sort of coil whine with a peak around 4000hz. It does not matter if I connect the virus to a normal USB port, or one of it's USB C ports using a converter. Even when connecting it to my (passive) USB or one my screen's USB ports hub gives me the same annoying whine around 4000hz.

This sound disappears when I turn off the virus. Does this have something do with the Virus and the Mac Mini having different grounds? I am using the original AC/DC converter from Access.

Are there any known ways to fix this problem?

When I say it doesn't work is that the TI interface does not apear when I open the plugin. I did use 5.1.3.0v2.

what I get is ''-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 842884 1 okt 2014 /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI'' and

''file /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI

/Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64: Mach-O 64-bit kext bundle x86_64] [i386: Mach-O object i386]

/Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit kext bundle x86_64

/Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI (for architecture i386): Mach-O object i386''

I've looked a little closer ... the issue doesn't seem to be with system files that can't be written.
    It's rather that the driver's signature can't be verified anymore ("ERROR: invalid signature for de.access-music.virus_ti.driver.audio, will not load"), and so SIP prevents it from loading... (*)

I haven't tested yet but I'm pretty sure that in this case, instead of "csrutil disable" in your solution, you can use "csrutil enable --without kext"
    This should be enough to make it work and is slightly safer for your Mac, as it will not disable all security systems but only the "kext integrity" one which is causing the problem (still not ideal, but hey...)

(*) BTW this MIGHT mean that the fix for the developer is really just a matter of getting a new Developer Certificate, building the driver again and signing it, which requires zero code changes and is a <1 hour job... Ok, there is a small chance that the driver is fine, and there's a bug with signature checking in Sierra that only Apple can fix... but let's be serious : my money is 80% on the former (which of course should make everyone very angry, because if this is indeed the problem, then it could have been addressed since June...... X( )

I can confirm csrutil enable --without kext does not work either.

I am by no means a programmer but if it's as simple as you say it is, It's just ridiculous that this problem isn't adressed earlier. They had 3 months before the launch of Sierra! and they can't expect people to not update either. what about new Macs then?? having to downgrade to a former OS isn't exactly Plug'n'Play is it?? Acces, get your shit together!!!! X(

Okay I've found a fix! weirdly enough I can get the Virus TI to work when I disable MacOS's SIP (System Integrity Protection)
    This can be done by rebooting your mac into Recovery Mode pressing command+R. Then open terminal, type: csrutil disable; reboot. Your Mac will boot back into Mac OS with the SIP turned off. Now when you open the TI interface and the plugin it works!
    Not a perfect solution but it may explain why the interface between the Virus and the plugin does not work in Mac OS Sierra. Apple has introduced SIP in Mac OS 10.12 to prevent people from manually changing system files. The Virus software is probably changing or rewriting system files every time you use it, but since SIP has been introduced it no longer has the permission to do so..

lol that's ridiculous. you buy a Virus and you know nothing about synthesis????

you might aswell have bought some really good sample packs for under €200,-

in order to fully harness the power of the virus you not only need to know about synthesis, you also need to learn about the virus itself.
    I'm a TI owner for one year now and I'm still learning.

I have an Access Virus TI2 and I have the same problem. I'm using it through USB, which SHOULD work fine.

I know this because when I play back midi lines through 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc it works perfectly but when I play the EXACT SAME midi line with the EXACT SAME preset on channel 2, 4, 6, 8, etc, I hear glitches and pops every 2 seconds or so. I’ve already tried resolving it by reinstalling the latest OS but the problem remained!

I actually exported a song yesterday in which you can clearly hear the clicking/popping. it's definitely more audible in the first 10 second, where the sound is lowpassed.

like you say, the sound is OK but there are clicks every second or so.

also, the dynamics sound a bit awkward because the virus is dropping voices every 5 seconds or so!! SUPER annoying!

this Virus is only 6 months old! I never even moved or dropped the unit! and it's already breaking down! ridiculous!!! :cursing:

[soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

I once asked for a feature that allows sending audio between parts: imagine you could set the output of parts 1 to 15 to part 16 (instead of USB1-3 and analog1-3) and add FX to part 16 alone.

oh the modulation possibilities that would open up! 8o