Beiträge von Ecaroh

Intresting, mine has the folloing messaurments:

Height is 7 cm and with the knobs 8 cm (inkl. rubber pads on the bottom)

Width is 44,6 cm

Debth is 20 cm (longest edge)

Maybe I have the same. I admit I did not measure with highest precision. But it’s quite clear there’s difference to www-specs. The most obvious is width which is smaller than in www-specs.

Often sellers indicate the measurements of the package, not of the product.

In my experience this is not typical. And in this case it’s not package measurements for sure. First, package was much bigger. And second, notice that real debth was actually bigger than wrong one on the web.

On their site they say ”Dimensions and weight Virus Ti 2009”. I am curious to know that did they change hardware after 2009…

Hi all!

As a longtime Virus user (Polar > Darkstar) I went to buy one more, probably the last one, to make sure I have my Virus sound for years to come. So I ordered a Desktop from Kemper. This was probably one of the last new Viruses available.

I noticed a funny thing when I got it. Desktop measurements are not the ones they say on the www-pages (https://www.virus.info/virusti/specs).

(Real) Height is 7cm (instead of 8cm)

Width is 44cm (instead of 47cm)

Debth is 19,7cm (instead of 18,8cm)

Any idea why this is wrong on their site? Did they change it at some point and forget to update specs on the site? This is no big deal and a bit smaller is better. Only thing for me was that I already made a custom stand with wrong measures and I had to adjust it afterwards.

Unfortunately it seems that my new Mac with M1 and usb c does not even recognize Virus as a midi/audio device. And Virus does not go into ”USB mode” which it immediately does with my older Mac (with usb b)…

Hi all!

On my live stage setup I am running out of trad. Midi ports. I’d like to know how reliable Virus is when you use it with usb midi (no audio and no plugin stuff, just midi)? Is it rock solid or is there some drop outs or other problems (for example more hanging notes than with trad.midi)? As far as I know you need to route Virus usb midi again to it to knobs to function but that’s no problem. As a professional gigging musician I need a tool which I can trust.

Thx!

Hi all!

I’ve made my custom bank with AURA Virus editor and saved it as .mid -file.

Now I’d like to burn it to Virus TI2 rom bank. If I am right I need to do it with Virus Control Center app. I can see those factory banks etc. in Lib/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches/… folder but if I put my custom bank there I won’t see that on the list when I try to choose it as source bank on Control Center.

Any idea or fix?

The same could be said about the violin, or a Stratocaster. Or the Minimoog.

Personally, I prefer that behavior over a company (like Clavia, and many others), who try to sell me a new 3kEur keyboard every other year, just because it has a new feature (that was deliberately omitted in the previous model).

Disagree. Virus TI2 isn't that much like violin or Stratocaster or even Moog. It's a VA-synth which is supposed to work with constantly evolving world of computers and DAWs. About Clavia's business model: It's true that all those updates aren't very interesting for a user already having their earlier model. But it's little bit unfair (or even paranoid) to argue that they deliberately omit features that will be "new" in next model. Anyway it's customers choise to buy or stay with model he allready has. Still it's better business model to develope things and make a strong future oriented brand. This is what I've long been worried about Access. True or not but I can't help wondering that they are deliberately running down their business. No development, promoting or anything, just selling as long as there's some market left. Hopefully I am wrong. But if there's something happening, they are good to keep it secret. And if so, I don't think it's very wise way to do business. It's been years like that. It's only this Marc who (sometimes with little negative tone) tries to defend their lack of interest. Like "Virus is perfect, problems with TI are with incompetent users with bad computers!". Sorry to sound negative, but this is my impression which I have. Anyway I love my TI2 with its imperfections. I am just amazed that Access, really pioneer in its field, did choose this way...

IMO it's kind of a strange strategy that Access have decided to nothing with their Virus line, they're are selling it like it's a final / perfect product and world isn't changing. (BTW how old is this new TI2 line, anyway it's years...?)

For comparison, swedish company Clavia (similarly quite small) is costantly developing and releasing a new models and updates to their current product line. It's not that every new model (like newest Nord Piano 4) is substantially whole new product compared to earlier model (Nord Piano 3), it's just a some updates here and there and most of them are quite small. But anyway it keeps the business going and a promotes feeling that they are moving forward. With Access we have total opposite; in every aspect this company communicates kind of a stagnation; nothing is developing (same product, web site is dead, no talk on the synth forums...). TI2 is a great synth but I believe every user have kind of a strange feeling of having a dead product in their hands. Everything is developing - computers are faster, digital synths have more power, connectivity and memory, but Virus is just like it was years ago.... I am just very amazed about this.

Access did not make Virus TI3 so perhaps someone else did...

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

1+

It cannot be difficult to make. For Access It's just admitting that TI ain't perfect after all. When more and more people face these countless latency etc. issues they still repeat this old shit: problem is with us, with our setups.

OK I confess everything if it helps to get this update: TI is perfect, I am a technical idiot and my computer sucks. Now, give us this NO SOUND ONLY CONTROL plugin!

Exatcly my case too: bought a new MacBook pro and no luck with Virus, no matter what usb port I use. Same old scheisse: error message, sync and latency issues. It's there even if Virus is only device connected.

In the beginning of 2015 I bought a new MacBook Pro with fastest CPU and biggest amount of memory. I also bought new Logic Pro X to it. So with brand-new setup I was curious to check how does TI work with it (I have had lot of problems in all those years with TI and my older mac). I also updated my Virus to latest OS.

Guess what? Same old shit. Latency and sync problems. No matter what USB port is used and no matter if Virus is the only device connected to it. No matter if I try using Motu sound card or not. It's hard to see what is fundamentally wrong with my setup… Maybe it's finally time to Access to admit that there's something fundamentally wrong with their side.

Hi all,

Just curious to know how old is this newest hardware? I am just wondering how long does it take to get something new from Access…

Maybe something which is finally working as it should, who knows? If I remember right, Virus is using USB1 and our computers have USB3 or Thunderbolt.

realistically, Access are never going to produce anything else (as much as people can want it!)

People keep saying this "they (Access) will never release any MIDI-editor/librarian...". But why? If Access really think like that IMO it's quite arrogant way of treating their customers. Because so many people - myself included - have expressed their wish to have editor/librarian via MIDI. Does making MIDI-editor mean to admit that perhaps TI isn't perfect after all? IMO this is stupid way of thinking, cause there're many reasons to use Virus with MIDI (not usb). Well, I have to admit that big reason is obviously all those latency and sync issues which aren't there when you use Virus with good old MIDI. Other reason is perhaps that your synth studio is based on MIDI setup; all synths communicate with MIDI. In my case I have both reasons to use MIDI with my Polar.

Anyway to me it's a big shame that lot of power of Virus remains unrealized cause I cannot (easily) use editor/librarian in my setup. For example, all those sound sets: while possible, it's really pain to use them in my projects.

Hi guys,

I am using my Polar with MIDI in/out cables to iConnect MIDI and I've seen many ghost notes, bender and CC messages. I've captured them to Logic and seen them in Midi monitor app. Last time when I tested this I left my Polar alone over a night and recorded everything with Midi Monitor. I remember capturing some CCs and bender ghosts (though not ghost notes that time...).

So I am sure that (at least my) Polar can generate them this way. This is not USB or TI-problematic.

Access keeps the silence about these problematics. Maybe it's some radio interference or something who knows....

Hi guys,

As an original poster of this thread I am kind of happy to read that I am not alone with this. As a gigging professional musician I've had few horrible moments when I was having a break between sets and then someone from the audience comes to us and says that our PA makes a terrible loud sound. You can guess that it was Virus making ghost notes. After those insidents I made silent presets for making sure that it won't happen again. There're still ghosts for sure but now they are silent.

I also contacted Access about this (and some other) issue but they said that nothing can be done to fix it. I had warranty left but they said it's useless to send it back. The whole thing remained quite unclear to me: they don't know what's wrong and to me it seemed that they don't care. It's "normal" Virus behaviour to have occational ghost notes...? Well, if it is to Access, to me it isn't: I've had synths and keyboards over 20 years and Virus is the first one making these.

P.S. Ghost notes aren't the only things which Virus makes on it's own: I have seen bender and CC-messages too...

Hi, sometimes I wonder that is there one single user that has a TI system which really works without any trouble (sync or latency issues etc.)? I know very well that on these forums people tend critizise more than share positive thoughts. So I'd really like hear about someone with perfect Ti-system: what model, what computer OS, DAW etc.?

Otherwise we really start to believe that Access is selling a dream...