Beiträge von Ecaroh

Just to clarify amount of my latency, here's a little test:

First, I took out all the other USB-devices to eliminate any USB problems.

- opened Logic and made Virus TI track with bass drum sound.
    - I recorded four 1/4-beats to bar. Then I quantized and looped it.
    - Now when I put on Logic's own metronome which also plays 1/4s I can REALLY hear that Virus beat is very much delayed compared to this click.
    - Then when I add some negative delay to Virus bass drum track I can hear that I need -1/24 delay to make them sound together. ISN'T THIS QUITE A LOT??

To compare things to another plugin, this is what I did:
    I added a track with Arturia Spark drum machine and made exactly same 1/4-bassdrum pattern
    - no hearable delay between it and Logic-click. Well, this is what was supposed to happen: both click and Spark are similar soft synth plugins.

Any idea, what's going on? Is it new OS5 or what?

Hi,

Reading this forum makes me think that timing or latency is the most typical problem people have with Virus. For me it's little suprising cause I'd suppose that hardware engine would release us from latency issues. As stated elsewhere, personally I am mostly live player and just occational DAW user, so these aren't the most crusial problems for myself. Still, when I have tried my TI2 Polar (Beta OS5) with Logic I have noticed that there's latency which is very noticeable. (And yes, I have tried those "Right audio preferences: Logic" -instructions). In fact Virus seems to be 1/32 note delayed compared to plugin synths like Arturia Spark. So for example, if I want to use those together I have to put Virus 1/32 note earlier than computer based plugins. Quite amazing, or am I really missing something relevant here? Maybe I have to mention that this is my first Virus ever, so I am a newbie with it, but quite pro with synths and computers in general... Is it new OS5 or what? Have you managed to work with TI2 without any latency in Logic or has it been like this? And I am talking about very different Virus when you play it "standalone" or in Logic. In latter case you really feel latenced or delayed response...?!

About "stuck notes":

I have had some stuck notes with my TI2 Polar with just playing it. Virus isn't connected to anything (neither with USB nor MIDI). I am a live player mostly, so this is very annoying problem (and in fact the only real serious problem I have with Virus. Other minor ones I can tolerate in not-perfect world). It's not happening very often but often enough. I have new beta OS5, is it something which comes from it?

Anybody else having this? How about other live players here?

One thing to mention: I use multi-mode when playing live...

EDIT: I have had "stuck notes" maybe once in 3 hour gig but this one time is enough and very embarrassing. It's something which simply isn't acceptable. I try to make my living by playing...

Hi everybody!

Am I only one with this kind of problem:

I've made a nice (single) preset in multimode and I would like to save it as single preset. And I don't know if it's even possible...? It's nice that those multi preset parts are independent of single presets, but it would be nice that you could also trade them this direction also.

Those of us who do gigs know very well that easier setup is always much much better on stage. Extra hardware needs extra stands/rack, cables, carrying cases etc.

But even more important, you want to have some amount compression to one preset and some amount to other. And then change fast between these two or play them simultaneusly layered. This cannot be done (easily) with any hardware compressor for sure!

Hi,

I know compressor has been here asked before. Also I am aware that many users would prefer other things, cause they use compressor plugins in their DAW productions. But for mainly live player like myself, lack of compressor is quite big weakness. In fact, I never even thought about this before purchase. All my other synths have it.

Virus has great features to make killer sounds, but many of them would benefit from extra punch from compressor. I have allready been forced to sample few of my Virus sounds and import them into my Nord Stage and take compressor from it. Of course this is a big compromise.

Hi everybody and greeting from Finland!

As my first post, I'd like to share few of my first impressions of my first Virus ever. I have spent my first two weeks with my brand new TI2 polar. I like it very much and I am sure that this synth can inspire me for years. It looks great, it feels great and overal buid quality is great. It has its own personal sound and it certainly has a place in my palette. I also have Arturia Origin, Korg Radias & Microkorg XL, Novation ultranova, Nord Piano & Stage2 and plenty of soft running in my mac.

Now, few problems too. I have had two gigs with Polar (runnig beta OS5) and on both I had "hanging notes" which I needed to cut with panic button. This happened just once per gig but still quite embarassing and something which I would not expect from a hardware synth. Also, I noticed that when I tried to sync Virus to external midi clock, changing presets gets VERY slow. In fact so slow that it cannot be used on stage. One more thing which was quite surprising to me and I never even thought about it before my purchase: Virus does not have a compressor(s). Of course many of users take this from plugin etc. but a live stage player like myself this is very much wanted feature. In fact in my Origin almost all my presets (solo sounds especially) have some amount of compression.

But all this been said, I see great future with my Virus!

Pekka,
    Turku, Finland