Beiträge von matkatmusic

Perhaps some lookup tables could be added alongside a toggle in the Config menus where you can decide if the displayed values for everything are in a 0-127 (current) setup, or if they're in real value formats. It would make syncin' envelopes to a tempo a bit easier, because it's pretty easy to convert a duration in seconds to a BPM: ms/60 = BPM. Since all values on the unit are definitely fixed, it's really just a parameter display request, and wouldn't affect any change in programming sounds. I know i would like to know the actual frequency that the filters are set to, compared to some generic value. The EQs already display fixed values, and are definitely broken up into 127 discrete values for the Frequency selection, same goes for the Gain value. 32db range, broken into 1/4db steps = 4*32 = 128steps.

I find it odd that the EQ gain and frequency knobs are in the reverse order compared to the order on the LCD. Shouldn't they be the same? I'm reaching for the left-most EQ knob watching the screen expecting it to change the frequency, and instead it changes the gain. This is counter-intuitive.

ok, so I figured out that the FM Amount knob and subsequent destination in the Matrix do the same thing as setting the Sync Frequency, but they only apply to OSC2. It would be great if OSC1 had its Hypersaw Sync Frequency available as a destination for modulation.

Now, for a GUI Navigation feature request:
    the Part <> arrows would make a perfect set of navigation tools for selecting a field. Since the majority of screens have only 3 editable values displayed in a horizontal row at a time, it would be great if we could use the Part <>'s to switch between them instead of using the knobs. I say this because sometimes when i'm editing, I don't want to move a knob to select a field and subsequently lose whatever value i had already entered. the knobs are great, but this would just be a bit more intuitive and precise when you want to select a field and not have a scroll thru all destinations/values.

Howdy. Just got a used TI2 61-key. this thing is bananas! However, i'm a former kurzweil user for many years, so I am wondering if it's possible to get a visual guide for the unit, which shows how all the menus are related in a graphical format, instead of just with text. like a flow-chart or somethin'...

Howdy. brand new user here, but this is the first thing i discovered that I couldn't modulate with the matrix. in the Edit OSC1 page 2/3, when in HyperSaw mode, you can turn on Sync, and use the 3rd Softknob to control the sync frequency. It would be awesome to be able to control this with the matrix. I'm approaching this board after having used kurzweils for about 10 years, so i'm coming with the mindset that any control source can control any destination, and the fact that I can't do this is disappointing. it is such an awesome sound, sweeping the sync frequency! Easy to add from a programming point of view, just add a check to see if we're in hypersaw mode, and if sync is on.

Also, this should be in huge print in the manual:

Zitat

-64 to +63: Modulation amount for the specified destination. The range is bipolar so that modulation can be inverted, and amounts are internally doubled so that unipolar destinations can be modulated over their entire range (i.e. 128 values). The Amount itself can be controlled by another modulation source - modulation des- tination is e.g. “Slot4 Amount2”.

I was trying to figure out why the modwheel was modulating the pitch of OSC3 2 octaves when i had it set to +12, OSC3 Pitch in the matrix. As a brand new user, this is counter-intuitive. I expected the pitch to go up 12 semitones when i moved the modwheel, and not 24.

I'm not sure if you guys have access to this, but every time I open Logic, it asks me if I wish to use the Virus as my interface. Perhaps you could add a setting or bit toggle in the driver to disable it as a selectable interface, so i stop being prompted.

regarding the plugin, it would be AWESOME to be able to right-click on any parameter, and select a control-source directly, instead of having to go thru the matrix. It would make programming that much quicker and more efficient.