Beiträge von Delusive

I can't give you the exact settings because I will use this sound in some new tracks of mine.
    But I can give you the basic settings to help you get started.

Turn the OSC balance to +82%
    Unison mode to twin
    Pan spread 100%

Use for OSC 1 a SAW
    Use for OSC 2 the Formant Simple setting and try the different formants.
    Also turn down the semitones of OSC 2 to -24.

The key for getting the crunchiness in the sound is setting the saturation to DIGITAL and turning the filter balance all the way to filter 1.
    Close the filter and you will start to hear the crunch.

The EQ settings are:
    6724hz +16 db
    1046hz +5 db with a Q of 15.4

Also try experimenting with the other settings to get your own unique sound.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

I'm not at home right now so I can' test it, but try a single square wave on OSC2 with a little bit noise FM modulation, I think that should give you the basic sound characteristica. For this vibrating touch try modulating the pitch with an fast LFO, and then some fine tuning, a litle bit of portamento, EQ, etc...

Best
    Oliver

Thanks dude!

It worked for me, got something which sounds a bit like it and thats what I wanted. :thumbup:

Hi guys,

I got a question about some reverb settings for a lead super saw synth.
    I'm trying to get my reverb sounding just like in this song:

http://youtu.be/Dcd169Sk-ps?t=2m36s

The reverb they use is sounding like the reverb in the virus, only I can't find the right settings to get this type of effect.
    Most of the time I use Valhallaroom with sidechain compression to get my synth stand out more in the mix, but I also really would like to know how to get my leads als "big" as in this song.
    I already layer my synths but it's the reverb what makes it sound "big"....

Hope anyone can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

The first sound is a sample known as an orchestral hit.
    The two other sounds are based on hypersaw oscillators.
    The second sound uses a lowpass filter that has its cutoff frequency controlled by an envelope to snap-open and snap close. Also I think it employs an LFO for pitch modulation to create some vibrato.
    The third sound uses a similar envelope modulation, but rather on the pitch than the filter cutoff.
    Both sounds finally go through distortion - the third one even more drastically than the second one.

Thanks allot, just what I needed to know! :D
    Could you by any chance also tell me how you think they created the lead synth? The resonance saw synth after the first break.