Beiträge von inkubinator

Hello,
    I want my Virus TI2 to play back 3 different patches on 3 different MIDI tracks. All patches use arp pre-programmed .
    When I record MIDI track 1 and track 2 everything is played back OK.
    Adding 3rd patch on track 3 with arp causes strange behaviour to arp on track 1. The patch on track 1 losses pre-programmed pattern and plays something like half the pattern.
    What is the problem? My Virus TI2 can not play 3 patches with arp due to inner limitations or am I doing something wrong?
    I can not say if this is a Logic Pro X 10.3 issue because I am not using any other DAW. I use my Virus TI2 in multi mode via MIDI (not USB).

And.. another story...
    I had to switch "send arp notes" off on multi channel 1 in my Virus TI2 because after pressing a key on a keyboard controller (SY99) there was a buzz sound coming from Virus.
    Looks like I can not record MIDI arp pattern to DAW without spending hours on finding what is wrong with my setup (Virus->UX256 midi interface->Logic Pro X 10.3).
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Regards.

Use Yamaha SY99, TG500, RM50, Korg Radias and AkaiZ8 on most of the channels of their ports, and leave the last few for the new devices.

Thank you. Valuable comment.

What about return to UX256? Let's say I use one port as you suggest (SY99 on channels 1-10 and Virus on channels 11-16). I understand I have to connect SY99's midi THRU to Virus's midi IN. Communication should be working well in one direction and I should be able to select patches on Virus from my SONAR sequencer. Then what should I do to be able to send back bulk data from Virus to SONAR? Should I connect Virus's midi OUT to UX256's midi IN ? Is this a proper solution ?

Today I've found an information on the net that daisy-chaining works only in one direction (in this case, out of the UX256) and this is a limitation of midi protocol. If it is true, my question is senseless and I am wasting your time. The only solution then is to buy another UX256 and the problem disappears.

hello,

I would like to ask you how should I connect 4 devices on 16 midi channels only. I am going to use just one IN and OUT port on my Yamaha UX256 midi interface but I am not sure if this is correct. I need to chain VirusTI2, Roland JD800, Korg ER-1 and Yamaha RY20. It is easy to chain instruments in one direction (by midi THRU) but I want to have it bi-directional (for example: every instrument shoud be able to transmit and receive its own midi and sysx data to computer).

Tell me please, how should I connect midi ports with starting point on UX256 midi OUT (begginig) and the end on UX256 midi IN?
    The idea is described below:

UX256 OUT -> TI2 IN (channel 1-4)
    TI2 OUT -> JD800 IN (channel 5-9)
    JD800 OUT -> ER-1 IN (channel 10-15)
    ER-1 OUT -> RY20 IN (channel 16, no THRU port)
    RY20 OUT -> UX256 IN

Shuld I use THRU ports to be able to dump specific midi / sysx data from e.g. ER-1 to my computer?

I don't want to connect every device to separate port on UX256.
    JD800 is 5 multi only, RY20 operates on one midi channel (and has no THRU port) so I would like to maximize UX256's usage with one port (IN-OUT) supporting these 4 instrument. I also use UX256 to connect Yamaha SY99, TG500, RM50, Korg Radias and AkaiZ8 so every port (1-5) is destined to one device. I have one free port (6) and want to do the trick as above.

I will be gratefull for your help.

Regards

Pawel