Beiträge von fross

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I am doing midi routing correctly, as I explained above, I can control individual parts by arming channels that point directly to the midi channels on the Ti VST, I was just expecting that when dealing with the VST directly that I would be able to control which part I was playing and manipulating.

I'll just keep it with channel 1 empty and use that as a scratchpad, then move instruments onto other channels when I am done with them, and play/control them through the midi channels in Ableton.

I'll look for the sample Ableton project and have a look at that. Cheers!

Hi there,

I'm running a Virus Ti Polar through Ableton, and run into a problem with its keyboard and loading multiple parts.

- Go into Ableton and load Virus Control. (I'm running 5.0.8.00 if that helps, and Ableton 9.)
    - I load 3 patches into Virus Control on the first 3 parts, not a problem.
    - Click each part (or part buttons on the Virus) and see the Virus screen update with the appropriate patch name.
    - I can play each part by sending midi to the appropriate channel on Virus Control in Ableton, that's fine also.
    - However, whenever I play the keyboard on the Virus itself, it always sends the trigger to Part 1 only, no matter which part I have selected on the Virus, or indeed what channel I have activated on Ableton..

I'm not trying to do something complicated like a split keyboard (most of the solutions I've googled are around this), I would like to be able to control the currently selected Part with the Virus keyboard.

Now, I have managed to get this working by changing the Arm Arrangement to a midi channel pointing at the respective virus control channel, that works ok, but seems to be a work-around. Am I missing something to get this to work in a proper multi-part way?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I realised there's a dedicated TI section in this forum, if a kind mod could move it there I'd much much obliged.