Beiträge von quest

Hi there,

I have created a couple preset banks for the Ti2 using virus control and would like to use those to replace the ones on the hardware. I'm able to do it for single patches by selecting and dragging into the RAM section but I'm wondering if there's a way to do it for an entire bank. Whenever I select multiple patches and try to drop into them, the program crashes. To be honest, this has always happened when doing multiple presets. When I did it before, virus control would resync the patches ( a process that would take 10 min or so ) on restart. However it's no longer doing this. The same patches are staying the same now. Any thoughts? Thank you.

I'm on mac 10.13.6 Live 9.7.7 ( 32 bit ) and Virus / VIrus Control 5.1.7

Virus Ti with Virus Control + Ableton Live Users:

Does anyone have a template they've created which has all the Virus
    parameters ( osc 1 semitone / filter 2 cutoff, etc.) mapped out in the
    configure setting of the vst?

I know I can configure them all
    manually by turning the knobs but was wondering if anyone else has
    already mapped out all the parameters and is willing to share?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for your response stealthcam! I'm using a pad-type sound with a long release. Instead of bending the OSC on each note I play, what I'm hoping to do is to have the OSC transposition occur (at a designated amount--1 octave or so) at some point after I've pressed the note and hold the key down. I can get this effect manually by pressing a note, holding it down and then manually moving the SEMI knob. However, it's tricky to tweak it correctly so that I move it an octave. I'm hoping to automate it somehow so that it's more accurate. My assumption is that I'll need to set the pitch-bender for SEMI or something. Hope that helps. Thanks again for your response! I'll definitely give your suggestion a try.

Cheers,
    Chris

Hi there,

I'm creating an ambient/drone track and would like to have a smooth
    pitch transposition effect (by an octave or so up and/or down) on one of
    the oscillators as the note plays. I believe there are a couple examples of this in Vangelis' music for Bladerunner.

While the pad is playing, I'd like to smoothly transpose the semi
    (pitch) of one of the oscillators on my Virus C to add some interesting
    shifts in the parts of the sound. I know I can do it manually by turning the semi knob as it plays but can
    anyone help me automate this pitch shift--perhaps using an lfo on the
    virus, setting the pitch wheel on my controller (Novation Impulse 49) or something else via ableton?

Thanks very much! I appreciate the help!

Chris

The main thing I'd like to do is backup my user patches so I can try out some other ones, such as Howard Scarr's patches, for the PROGRAMMING ANALOGUE SYNTHS tutorial here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t…2vw&bvm=bv.42661473,d.cGE

I read the virus C manual and haven't been able to figure it out yet and don't want to chance over-writing my patches before I back them up.

Will Snoize SysEx Librarian work for this? Anyone?

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

Thank you very much for any help you might offer for this!

Here is my setup:

MacBook Pro 10.8.2 / Virus C / Ableton Live Lite 8 / Novation Impulse 49/ Audiobox USB

Cheers,
    Quest :)

Hello-

An all too familiar story I'm sure but I got a Virus C second hand recently and am trying to figure out how to exchange / edit sounds and patches via computer.

I am running Operating System 6.5 on the Virus C. My main computer is a Mac OS 10.8.2 with Ableton Live Lite 8, although I also have older laptops running 10.6.8 and 10.5.8.

Access did send me a copy of sounddiver (660r1) to try but the installer didn't work, even on the oldest laptop, 10.5.8.

It sounds like Midi Quest is one option (http://www.squest.com/Macintos…MidiQuest-XLFeatures.html) but I wanted to see if anyone else could suggest another method for me to exchange sounds - patches and / or edit sounds via the computer.

THANK YOU for any advice you might be able to offer!

Quest

Not sure if this will help or not, but I got a similar thing with my Virus C and Ableton the other day. I later realized that the yellow overdub button was on (Ableton Live Lite 8 ) and as I was tweaking parameters on the Virus, it was recording these knob movements and playing the sounds, which in combination, did resemble a glitching t.v. set or something.

good luck with it!