Beiträge von NoisyPegasus

I gave it a shot.
    100% virus, no outside effects.

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

djantimatter: That patch was very close and I see where I was going wrong with my programming. I got the sound spot on using chorus and EQ and bumped the Analog boost a little.

Thanks for the help! I as so lost trying to figure this sound out. :D

I can get close, but I'm missing something. I keep trying to keep it simple and straightforward but I'm not getting any closer.
    Anyone have patches or know where I can find these?

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I could do this on most simplified old synths, but for some reason I've got to think laterally and not how I normally do for patch creation or replication on the virus.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Finally am able to get started on these.

Part one: Connecting Virus VIA USB and other devices/MTT and USB 1.1 explained.
    Part two: FL Studio setup for: Controlling virus VIA midi + virus control and getting high quality recordings from I/O.
    Part three: ...
    Part four: need suggestions for what else to trouble shoot.

Here's a rough draft of part two I did tonight. It's far from being finished as I need to include more pics, setting it up in a pleasant flowing format and whatnot.
    It's also in low resolution, finished product will be higher resolution I might break it into several pieces for easier DL.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://imgur.com/ZyLeoeG]
    Any ideas or details to include in this or future projects are welcome.
    Stormy Weather's pegasus pony design was inspired by My little pony. Please don't sue me.

In the Virus control VST
    In your common tab =, output should be set to "Out1 L+R".
    In your patch utility/config tab, "Out1 L+R".
    Do this for all 16 channels... Yes...
    What does this do? USB = Midi only. You can use your soundcard to accept the sounds, which are likely to accept a higher resolution with audio recording.
    Also set your virus VST to LIVE mode, it listens better with this setup.

If needed, setup your wrappers input output channel if you need to.

You'll need a multi transaction translator (An MTT)

They look like USB hubs, but they're much better than having a USB hub. My bandmate has this running joke that Access must have bought the remaining world stock of USB 1 ports and 1.1 chipsets and decided to just use them forever. But anyways, to the info you need.
    (Copypasta that I made in another thread)

MTT (Multiple Transaction Translator) and not only will you ahve more USB ports to plug into but also elliminate the infamouse "not USB2 or better" Issues that often burn virus users out.

Currently all Access Virus models with USB are USB1.1, which may have nice speeds, but its really fickle when ran with anything else.

They're not too expensive, I've got one from Rosewill and all my gear are connected to it,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/…or-_-17-182-212-_-Product

I really SHOULD make a infographic on this.and make a thread and ask it to be stickied.

Welcome welcome welcome!

Good to see another perosn has gotten infekted. <3

I used to have similar issues on FL Studio back when it was Version 9, Like you, I am also a MOTU I/O user and have it as my master I/o Card. However my current version of FL Studio does not have issues switching projects with a virus on it anymore. (We lost the abiility to use anything other than primary outputs. Worth it.)

Latency issues often come from not running your device in reall time or near real time, which is a hard act to follow without some tinkering, What will give a better round trip time is to not use the virus as a I/o (Dont enable this) and in the virus control you will need to route your outputs to go to analog (which you can connect nice clean and short TRS cables to) that MOTU, and voila you can not only run a higher recorded bit of data, but also use USB to control it VIA MIDI and not run sound also (it will free up a little memory also).
    A few extra tips:

And if you're having USB issues with the virus or other devices connected to it, Nab a MTT (Multiple Transaction Translator) and not only will you ahve more USB ports to plug into but also elliminate the infamouse "not USB2 or better" Issues that often burn virus users out.

Currently all Access Virus models with USB are USB1.1, which may have nice speeds, but its really fickle when ran with anything else.

Multitimbral is great if you're running a series of simple patches, as its not just voice count you'vve got to watch out for but also how bogged down your virus is.

I should make a info graphic of some kind with these tips and more... Take care, hope my info helps. :D

Thank you! :D Glad to be back. Been busy in the studio, Perhaps I should make a guide on using the Access Virus TI with FL Studio 12 and detail how to rout it without using it as a sound card (Since many of us have I/O's anyways.)

Rather Surprised Access didn't release a new OS update this Namm, kinda thought they would. Good to know Access Really stands behind their products from past and present. So they get my love always.

Hello again,

after a dreadful three years of being without an Access virus TI, I finally have one back in my studio. Glad to back amongst everyone.

Instead of rocking the magneficently portable Virus Snow, it's now a TI Desktop, granting me all the love of synthesizers I could afford sans the keys.

To give a little thoughts and feelings I shall detail a few things.

I've got to say using OS 5.0.8 has been a dream and my many thanks to Access to its continued support of such a magneficient synthesizer.

Sadly, it seems FL Studio has turned its back on some features, however, with a bit of tweaking, enabling live mode and using my MOTU Ultralite, I've got to say slaving a virus to ym studio has been a breeze so far, Not tested project loads yet, which IIRC, was a huge issue witha virus synced up with FL.
    I'm a bit dissapointed that the 64 bit plugin cannot function under FL but that's okay, as the 32 bit plugin is the only bridged plugin I will be using with it and thus wont need to worry about memory issues. (I beleive this to be on Image line and not Access due to these issues being virtually nonexistant with other DAW's)

So I've got my MTT hooked up to give my various USB devices the love they desire (Honestly, Many of us would like to see the virus actually become USB 2.0, but since I have few USB sockets on my computer, the MTT isn't such a burden in my case having 2 MOTU devices, USB dongles and of course my two controllers and the virus on one port.)

To my fellow Virus forumites, I bid you all merry welcome and best wishes. I look forward to figuring out the great puzzle that is the Leviathan of the Virus's sonic capability.
    For those wishing interaction, adressing me as Noisy, NP, or Stormy will be okay. :D

I've also considered (since the original TI desktop is discontinued) putting the rack ears on the synth and mounting it next to my computer, where it rightfully belongs being the centerpeice of my studio once more. Downside is I have to slash the warranty sticker, Anyone think there is any objections to doing this?

Anyways, I've wasted your time enough. <3 *returns to knob twiddling. :D