Beiträge von vido

This was happening when I only had a midi cable connected.

Could be a faulty midi-cable? As for usb I've had less trouble with mine after switching the usb-port to the one thats listed in the top of the system profiler on my mac. I know thats not your problem though.

please contact support, they'll let you to fix the issues you have. as for the videos, they are a separate installer available on the access website.
    best, marc

Thats what I thought too and trust me I've ben looking for this separate installer.

I did find one, but that turned out to be a pdf-tutorial of how to set up the virus in ableton live version 5. Is the Virus only fully supported with ableton live version 5 and below..?? If not that old-school tutorial should be changed ASAP so Access do not waste more peoples time.

I'm new to the virus and have unfortunately struggled a lot with:

1. Connectivity-issues: ableton not recognizing the virus, have to turn it off an on, or even restart live/the imac.

2. Latency-issues all over the place. Suddenly working, suddenly not working. I've read around the forum for some answers and it seems a lot of people are having similar issues as I do.

3. Sudden bit-crushed sound: for no apparent reason. Solved by restarting virus, restarting live or restarting imac. This is a SERIOUS bump in workflow...and has made me stay more away from the virus than I'd like just because it is so annoying.

3. The virus is recording wrong midi-notes to live. When I press the key D, live records F. Constantly I have to play four half-notes below on the virus to get the "right" note into live... Have found ONE other post about this, and the solution was resetting the virus. Unfortunately resetting the virus does not help for me... How do I get past this problem?

I followed one tip, to connect the virus to the usb-port closest to the middle of the mac (ensuring that the virus is in the top of the list when looking at the system profile on the mac). This seems to have helped! My virus is behaving better than ever... SO I'm crossing my fingers! Anyway the wrong midi-notes are still there and I need to get this working - just do't know how..

PS: when hitting the question-mark in the virus, the video-tutorial-link for ableton live isn't working. And the tutorial-link for ableton links to a tutorial made for ableton live version 5 (yes version five!!) Several of the names of functions in live, even the whole preferences-panel has changed totally. It is about time Access updated this manual and I think in general did some hardware/software-testing to get total integration working more fluently.

The least we could ask for is updated step-by-step setups (that are written while following these steps to ensure the right terminology etc), and also a more comprehensive FAQ-section.

Thanks for answering guys!

When it comes to editing arpeggio on an existing patch I am told to switch to "user" - and when I do I get a blank arpeggiator-canvas (32 standard "blocks"). I'll try some more and see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'll experiment a bit on the method of saving patches. I tried saving patches in a user-patch-library, but that didn't work (it saved the wrong patch - don't understand why but I've had a lot of trouble with the virus already; wrong midi-notes, latency-issues etc).

VERYveryVERY happy to be a new user despite midi/usb-trouble at times. The integration, the sound etc - you're already a user so you know how great it is!

So I have a couple of questions right at the beginning:

1) How do you manage and build your user-patches (how you organize them)? I've been quite sloppy at this before and now that it seems easy I'll want to get into the habit of saving my patches and favourite patches from the existing library...

2) How do I change an already existing arpeggiator-pattern from an existing (non-user) patch?

Actually it's just the screen that sleeps - not the computer... Don't think the virus was sleeping either really. The problem came up also while using it. Sudden distortion...

I am really wondering if I should ask for a new virus, just in case it was this model. Plus before I bought it I called the shop and asked if they had one in stock - they never mentioned that it was a demo-model before I had driven over an hout to get to the shop.

In ableton live on mac I get distorted/bitcrushed sound from the virus. The volume is alo lower than it should be.
    The sound is fine with all other tracks. The virus is only connected with usb, straight to the imac (usb 3).

If I reboot my mac it will behave again, but if I let it stay for a while (including screen-sleep) the distorted/bit-crushed sound gets back. Actually found out that I can fix the problem with just rebooting ableton live. Anyway that sure is a hassle too...

I got it this saturday so it is brand new! I'm wondering if I got a faulty product (it is a demo-model from the shop).

What can I do?