Beiträge von jhuettner

Hello,
    Unfortunately a description like this doesn't help to understand the problem, as the actual sound used could be significantly different, so is there any better description of what you hear exactly or a "without FX and with FX" audio example somewhere?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

I assume you're using the Virus TI Snow plugin inside of Logic.
    Is this also present when no sounds are playing or solely when sounds are triggered?
    If so, does muting one or more of the sounds cause the effect to stop? Can you reproduce this behavior in other Logic projects as well?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

First off I would make sure the Virus kb is set to Single Mode while testing this. However whenever this is the case the unit will send out Midi notes through its Midi out port when playing it, so any issue with the Midi notes getting into ProTools must be related to the Midi interface the Virus kb is connected to. I assume the Midi cables are connected correctly.
    You can easily exclude the Virus kb as the culprit if you have another Midi hardware device / synthesizer you can connect the Virus kb to and then play on it to see if you can trigger the other unit.

Back to the exact issue though: I'm not sure why you have 2 different Virus b entries in there. One entry with the Virus kb connected to the external Midi ports of the MBox Pro should be sufficient. I don't have an MBox Pro here, but I would also check the Avid documentation about this audio + midi interface to check if there's something you need to set in this device to allow Midi data to come in.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

This sounds more like a general USB conflict/issue here, as the Virus TI plugin normally does not cause Logic to "detect" a new audio hardware, especially if the TI was already switched on before the plugin was running. I recommend to send me an email at support [at] access-music.de with the exact Mac computer model you're on and a list of all USB devices connected to the setup. If the TI in general would cause Logic to "detect" the TI as a new audio interface, then it would also do this with the Apple internal drivers being selected in Logic when starting the Virus plugin (and just the TI being connected). This sounds more like the 2 devices are "fighting" for bandwidth.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Dear Barry,
    If this is not solved by a reset of the Virus b unit (which I severely doubt), then this definitely is a hardware issue if you can exclude the cables being responsible for this (which can be easily tested by swapping the cables going to the left and right out of the Virus). I think I sent you already a link to the website of our service department to get the unit serviced.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

The exact reset procedure for the Virus b series is:

- switch off the unit
    - hold down the LFO1 SHAPE button
    - switch on the unit
    - leave the LFO1 SHAPE button after a few seconds
    - let it boot

If this does not help, then I can only recommend to get the unit serviced.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

On the right side of the screenshot Flabberbob sent (under "audio engine output") you will see a checkbox named "realtime export. This has to be checked, otherwise it will not work when trying to export the Virus TI. This is a hardware synth that cannot produce its sound faster than in realtime, hence the option has to be checked in the export window.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

It is my usual exporting tool but this is not working for the midi tracks from virus...:(

Does the song use any tempo changes and does the Virus TI Snow plugin also run out of time if you play the Logic session from the very beginning of the project?
    Also is this with all sounds or just specific ones aka arpeggiators or similar?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Please send me a step-by-step instruction to support [at] access-music.de and if necessary a patch to recreate this issue.
    If you do not send a patch I also need to know the PATCH VOLUME and the Midi Volume setting for the PART selected.
    Only this way do I have a chance to try to recreate what you are running into. Last but not least an audio recording wouldn't hurt either.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

If a specific parameter does not change anymore after switching off all Midi inputs, then the Virus definitely gets either a Midi Controller or Midi SysEx message from an external Midi controller, master keyboard or similar. Since the unit has a lot of its parameters set to react to Midi Continuous Controllers, this definitely can happen if a controller/master keyboard is transmitting a certain Midi CC number on a knob/fader or similar.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

The setting in Ableton Live will have absolutely no influence on this, as it solely sets the buffer size for "Ableton Live" and no other app. Also I'm honestly not sure what you mean by "latency" in this context. The term "latency" often is used in the wrong context. "Latency" refers to the time difference between e.g. playing a Midi note on the keyboard until you actually hear the sound coming from the music software you're triggering a software synth in.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner