Beiträge von jhuettner

How "low" are we talking about when you say "low levels" ? And what type of distortion is this?
    Is there any change if you try to put the sounds in the TI plugin to the highest possible volume levels with the level fader to the left of the plugin and the PATCH VOLUME on the FILTER page of the plugin?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Have you tried "flabberbob"s suggestions, which I can only second here? This is a good test to see if there might be a hardware problem with the actual Midi In port on the Virus.
    Also make sure you definitely do not see any Midi note symbols in the display when the unit is tested.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Besides Flabberbobs comment I would also check the Mono Mode you have chosen, as some Mono Modes tend to retrigger envelopes purposely while others don't. You might want to change this if you don't want the envelope to be retriggered. Mono Modes 3 and 4 will not retrigger envelopes.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

You need to add Bank Change messages, which the Virus receives on CC number 0 or 32. Both work. With these Midi controllers you can change the Banks on the unit.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Dear Florian,
    This is anything but a known issue with OS 5.0.2. Did you add any libraries in there lately?
    Eventually move all sound sets our of the library temporarily (to an empty folder on the desktop for instance) except maybe one library that comes installed with our software (like the ROM Backups or so) and then see if this library is seen in the Virus Control Center.
    If that's still not the case, check the device name in the "advanced" menu of the "Virus Control Center" (next to the "file" menu in the top left corner of your Mac).

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

It is not possible to "burn" RAM banks with the "burn to flash" feature in the Virus Control Center. This is because RAM and ROM are different types of storage.
    The only option here is to manually copy the "init" patch onto RAM patches you want to override.
    I personally would not bother with this and simply always select the "init" sound when starting to program a patch and then start overwriting patches from A001 on.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Sorry, but this is a clear misinterpretation of what they were saying. Of course our hardware service department (which deals with nothing but repairs and service issues) knows what is causing such an issue, but this is *NOT* a general problem with every single Virus c unit out there! Our engineers at our service department clearly come across a lot of service cases and if a service case shows up more than once, then they remember what is going on or how they need to address this.
    But once again: this does not mean every singe Virus c out there has this issue. This is clearly not the case.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

The "init" sound that comes up when starting the Virus TI plugin, for instance, plays both oscillators at the same time (oscillator balance is set to the middle position). This results in a slight modulation of the sounds between the 2 oscillators, since OSC2 Detune parameter is slightly pulled up in the init patch. This is normal.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Is the size of the downloaded installer the same size as listed in our download area? Please check this to make sure the download wasn't stopped prematurely.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

I definitely cannot second that. The SWING parameter works perfectly fine here. Make sure you have not just every 2nd step selected when starting with a user pattern.
    Simply do this test:

- select the init patch
    - set the Arpeggiator to "up"
    - set the length to 8 or 16 notes (for a faster test)
    - activate all steps, not just 1, 3, 5 or so
    - now turn the SWING parameter

I definitely get a swinging arp this way.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

LFO2 has a pre-configured modulation to "PAN" (panning) set up, which you only need to select and then set the desired value. However you also can use LFO1 or LFO3 for that. Of course you can also set this up in the "MATRIX" by using LFO1, LFO2 or LFO3 as the Modulation Source and then "Panorama" as the Modulation destination. Of course you need to select also a value on how strong the modulation should be.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

If this simple test still produces no sound and a quarter note is seen in the display (which indicates notes coming in at the correct Midi channel - the half note symbol would indicate the opposite), then this mist be a hardware issue.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

I can confirm that the TI behaves like this right now.
    I forwarded this to our product management to see if this could be changed in the future, but please note that I cannot promise anything at this point.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

In such cases I would still recommend to do a very simple test:

- disconnect the TI from any computer setup
    - connect your master keyboard through its Midi Out to the TIs Midi In port
    - make sure the TI is set into SINGLE MODE
    - now play on the master keyboard

Is a Midi note shown on the TIs display and if so, is it a quarter note symbol? (a half note symbol would indicate Midi notes coming in on the wrong Midi channel)
    If so, do you still hear nothing in OUT 1 L+R or the headphones?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

In latest Ableton Live and TI software versions there's no need anymore to set up the automation parameters by right-clicking on a parameter in the TI plugin.
    You would simply make sure Ableton records and then you would move e.g. the Filter 1 Cutoff of the TI (plugin or hardware doesn't matter) and Ableton Live would show the parameter being recorded automatically. You mentioned an early OS 4 release in your support email, so please update the TI software version as well.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner