Beiträge von AlexanderOne

Hey Marc / Access Team,

we are waiting since years (2016) about updates which never comes, can you please do a statement if the Virus just became abandonware on the software side so we can move on and find a different solution?

No discussion it's a great synth, but the support just feels like it became abandonware, and for a 1500+ dollars gear we have the right to know what is going on in your HQ.

lol....sorry dudes about your issues but it's stronger than me..
    me too had two unit from access with a lot of problems....

but no ghost notes luckily....

Who ya gonna call?

It's not a big deal to me not having a led lit up soundcard, as I bought another Virus TI2 because of sound, not for the audio interface funcionality,

but you could clearly give a little warn about the chance of having usb related issues (this is the second unit with problems I got k?).

thanks muzikman for the help though. :thumbup:

Please Marc, consider solved the issue:

"The TI2,
    at least on my Mac Pro & MacBookPro 2011 setup, is unable to work as soundcard+synth due to USB 2.0 speed limitations."

Solution:

I went with internal core audio,
    then tried an external sound card and finally with both these config the unit is working flawlessly.

Gave another shot plugging it as soundcard = distortion & crackles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The noise/distortion clicks & crackles are gone on both my machines, and I seriously hope there won't be a "next time".
    but trust me, you totally need more people there @ access support.

Nothing personal, just my point of view ;)

Alexander.

Hi,
    i just listened to your sound clips, they sound "overdriven" to me, especially the first clip... but it is definately not "digital clipping" as you suggest .. that would sound like drop out on the top end of the frequency range (mainly).
    Does your Audio interface (i dont know what you are using) have any gain level settings?? sounds similar if i "up" the gain on my Korg legacy VST's.. just a thought :S

I always use Analogue midi outs, as this is the most "sterile" route for the virus.... if yu can, try that first, and if ok, then a USB issue...

Hope that helps a bit. :thumbup:

Yes you helped me figure out a little, I'm 99.7% sure it's usb related please listen carefully to this!!!
    Patch: TI2 Desktop - ROM A - AsiaVoizAV
    https://soundcloud.com/alexander-one/usb-maybe/s-SHsCo

(hope not hardware I'd be sssssscrewed)

I'm using the TI as soundcard (my audio interface will come back on tuesday)

Thoughts?

Hi Marc a quick update hope it may help other users:
    neither of those solved my problem: pcie card, belkin hub, new usb cable, analog output, hphones output.

I spent all day troubleshooting and finally this solved the issue:
    removing all user patches, downgrade from OS5 to OS 4.0.3 then restart.

The clipping is gone (tried with same patches) the problem is I need a 64 bit Virus Control...

will try to upgrade now...

*edit clipping is present.... spoke too soon it seems to me something hardware related... don't know what to think

i'm totally serious. you've stated that he cannot check the analog outputs. or do i miss something here? the point is that by checking with an headphone (and also put the output to OUT1+2 instead of USB1+2 in virus control) you can see if the problem is USB related or not.

marc

I was using it as soundcard so headphones were already plugged in,
    checked analog outputs, 1+2+3 usb outputs too, clipping is still present.

The friend who sold me the unit remembered this problem occurring once,
    he updated from the 4.3 to 5.0 and also on init patch there was distortion/clipping, supersaw unhearable.

then he downgraded and the problem was gone.

I'm not very experienced in downgrade, software or firmwarewise, as on mac .plist files and such on are left on the machine.

I just bought a pci-e card, dc powered usb hub, and hi-speed usb cable, will update if anything changes with those components not downgrading,
    in a couple of hours.

:|

I am also trying to contact the Access support with no luck from yesterday, the colleague who sold me this unit had no problems I tried it multiple times and the audio was clean (just some sync issues like my TI1 few times that we used to deal with) but the audio was clean and not like this.

he was on pc using it as soundcard me on mac, he used asio drivers and a belkin hub mine is connected to the mac usb main port with core audio.

Please help me figure out...

try a headphone?
    marc

You can't be serious.

I'm writing here because the clipping occurs from every output, using it as soundcard,

It's like it has a limiter on the sound output that clips while my old TI1 had no such a thing also with the soundcard use.