Beiträge von crazychris173

Yes Id agree with that. Im sure the old virus models b and c had some good Jungle loop samples on. I have a virus b sample disk and its full of them but as far as im aware I cant load these sounds straight into my ti.

Im after drums sounds that inner party system and Pendulum use. I suppose I could add effects and edit the existing drum sounds on the ti but I want a quick solution really. If anybody has already done this Id be interested in how they did it or purchasing their efforts as Im dedicating time to make musical compositions and not spending hours creating and editing sounds at the minute. Ive been trimming envelopes, adding reverb, distortion and delay on existing sounds and have acheived some interesting drum effects. Even using all sorts of preset patches(not just drum sounds) but id like the traditional sounds as well. I dont like to add to many effects as it uses more voices which can overload my virus when Im using 10 - 16 tracks all together. There are limitations even on the extremely powerful processor of the ti2.

The Drums on my TI2 are great analogue sounds and Ive used them extensively on my music. Im after some Jungle, rock and Industrial type drums sounds if anybody knows where I can get some to burn into one or two of my virus banks. Im trying to use my virus for everything but vocals at the minute for some of the music Im producing so if possible I dont want to connect other samplers etc to my setup.

Cheers

Ive written over these two banks with banks Ive downloaded and I want the originals back. Are they n the access website to download or can I do some kind of Initialising of the original installed sounds. Also rom banks v,w, and x are meant to be empty arnt they, I havent lost anything here have I by accident.

Heres a bit of stuff about voices on the TI2 , I have the TI2 desktop, its great though Ive had a few techical issues with it and Im having a lot of fun with it, its just so damn powerful and easy to edit and add effects. Anyway the geeky stuff that access sent me:-

:cursing: you can run out of voices with a single sound, depending on what kind of features you use and if the UNISON feature is in use. Example: if UNISON is set to 4 and you play a 3 notes chord, you trigger 12 voices in one go. If the sound uses a longer amplifier release time and you play 2 chords short after another, then the unit already needs to create 24 voices in one go.
    Especially DSP heavy features can reduce the amount of available voices heavily. These are:

- the reverb
    - the third oscillator
    - the analog modeling filter
    - the new oscillator types (hypersaw, wavetable, grain, formant)

Ok Ive done the following and I hope im now free of this wretched crackling and sync problem ,pretty much anyway. I get a slight crackle now and then now but the syncs spot on even with 16 tracks using all the TIs voices.
    On my laptop which is a pretty average Samsung RS19 Pentum R dual core, 4gb ram, 2.2 ghz 32bit with a Realtek soundcard running windows 7 home premium and cubase 5.1.1 for windows 7. Ive set it to optimised performance and in advanced settings of power options Ive changed usb selective suspend setting to disabled. The fan is going all the time. The laptops and its usb ports basically going at 100% all the time now which the ti2 needs when your working 10 - 16 tracks and a lot of voices.
    I am using the Ti virus TI asio 2.8.31 driver, I guess this comes with The TIs operating system version 4.0 that I have installed. Ive set system performance to fast and Application priority to above norma to get the best resultsl.
    In the advanced options Ive set Audio priority to boost ,Multi processing is enabled, Disk preload is set to two seconds. Record shift set to 512 samples.

Thanks for all you help, ill forward this to access support

Ok Ive done the following and I hope im now free of this wretched crackling and sync problem ,pretty much anyway. I get a slight crackle now and then now but the syncs spot on even with 16 tracks using all the TIs voices.
    On my laptop which is a pretty average Samsung RS19 Pentum R dual core, 4gb ram, 2.2 ghz 32bit with a Realtek soundcard running windows 7 home premium and cubase 5.1.1 for windows 7. Ive set it to optimised performance and in advanced settings of power options Ive changed usb selective suspend setting to disabled. The fan is going all the time. The laptops and its usb ports basically going at 100% all the time now which the ti2 needs when your working 10 - 16 tracks and a lot of voices.
    I am using the Ti virus TI asio 2.8.31 driver, I guess this comes with The TIs operating system version 4.0 that I have installed. Ive set system performance to fast and Application priority to above norma to get the best resultsl.
    In the advanced options Ive set Audio priority to boost ,Multi processing is enabled, Disk preload is set to two seconds. Record shift set to 512 samples.

Thanks for all you help, ill forward this to access support

OK, thanks for all your help Marc with everything, I really appreciate this level of support. Ill keep trying all different settings in the devices setup and anything else I can think of. Ive got an older laptop with xp and cubase sx3 on so Ill use that in the meantime and Ill let you know if and when I overcome this problem. Your operating sytstem updates are quite frequent so I will see if any new or older versions work any better

Kind Regards Chris .

Ive emailed access about a very simular problem im having with sync, crackling and detune since I upgraded to windows 7. Ive not had a diagnosis yet but everything is pointing to driver incompatability between my laptop. Ive spoken to a guy at absoulute music where I purchased my ti and hes pretty convinced. Im using cubase rather than ableton 8 but I have tried ableton 8 and I have the same problem. Im gonna keep on access supports back till they give me an explanation and hopefully asoulution.

Ive got a reply from support now and emailed them furthur info -to sum up: the crackles are present when the signal from my midi keyboard is playing the virus via windows 7 using cubase 5. The crackles appear for no apparent reason as though a wave of interferance comes over everything. The crackles and sync problems pass after a few seconds or by pressing stop and then play. The crackles resume anytime up to a minute later. The virus plugin doesn`t always show an error message at the bottom of its window to indicate a sync error has occured. Ive not had this problem with windows xp using cubase 3sx previously Its still ongoing so if anybody else has any ideas please reply to this thread.

:wacko: Hi, ive just purchased a new laptop running windows 7 and im having problems running my virus desktop TI2, everything loads up and syncs ok but when i begin creating tracks I experience crackles and sync errors. Ive previously used my TI2 with Cubase SX3 on Windows xp32bit and had fewer problems.

Ive upgraded due to a broken laptop and I was hoping to overcome problems with quantizing my tracks that I had with CUBASE SX3. Although the quantize issues have been resolved by using cubase 5.1.1 on windows 7, the sync/crackle problem is by far worse.

Im guessing windows 7 does not support my virus even operating system 4 thats just come out. Is this the case as all my settings seem to be set correct and the laptop is more than powerful. This is such a shame as cubase 5 is perfect for me and windows 7 is what I have now. If this is the case then how long will it be before Access have a fix as I need to make some productions asap. :wacko:

Hi Im due for a musical application software upgrade and Im not sure which package will work best Cubase 4, 5 Or even ABleton 8. Im currently using Cubase SX3 which works quite well for me ,apart from one problem I keep getting - when I play my midi keyboard into a track and record, every note records slightly behind what it should, its not a quantize issue and my latency is spot on. y I get around this by going into fine edit, block mark the part ive just recorded and drag it back to where it should be (aprox a 16th behing where cubase puts it ) . Ive had this problems for a while and I cant seem to fix it, no matter what hardware I use, even with the Virus TI2.

Anyway Im testing a version of ableton 8 live and it seems a bit daunting to use with a virus ti . It seems very complicated setting all the midi tracks up and Ive still not got it working properly, Ive only managed to get up to 4 channels at the most working altogether.

Ive not used cubase 4 or 5 yet, so im looking for some other opinions. Will they iron out the problem Ive got above or is sx3 suitable and am i doing something wrong.

With ableton live - it must be good when its set ok as so many people use it, but then again its more complicated to mix your track down, you have to insert an audio track and bounce all your tracks onto it as the other mixdown options dont work using a TI.

Just to follow up to my last thread on this feature. Ive still had little joy with using this for vocal effects even with a preamp. In my opinion its too complicated for the results that can be acheived . Ive now (reluctently due to cost and lack of space) purchased a microkorg which has become my master keyboard and a electro harmonics V256 vocoder/autotune which ive found really simple to use. I can still route both of these back into my virus to add effects. ;(

Can you make this a little simpler. I had my virus a month now and im not getting any good results as yet. Im using an external Mic and a midi keyboard as the carrier. I beleive there is a tutorial out there but I cant find it on the access website.