Beiträge von FredYello

I have a VirusC Desktop bought new many years ago - it has never been gigged, lives in a smoke/dust free environment, and does not have a single scratch on it. Now however, it is having some trouble that I hope someone here can help me with.

Description of issue:
    On all patches, and in all outputs (including headphones) it has distortion and crackling that seems to be quite digital in nature - very harsh dry sound which almost has a life of it's own. It started out happening occasionally a few days ago, but now has gotten to the point where the synth can't be used at all. There are no other issues, as in all the LEDs light up as they should, I can access all the menus and seemingly edit parameters - in fact other than the distortion/crackling it looks fine.

What I have tried:
    Simple reset (holding LFO Shape while powering on)..
    Installed new OS - tried a few builds, but the problem remained.
    Changed the battery.
    Reseated a few of the ribbon cables (the ones I could get to from just taking the base off).
    I've also played around with global settings on the odd chance that something might have gone amiss somewhere, but nothing.

If anyone has any idea of what it might be, or what else I can try please let me know. I need to use the thing for a project, and the deadline is looming. 8|