Beiträge von Jesper

In sequencer mode : shift + edit.

You can then access three switches :
    - Hold Pedal
    - Volume RX
    - Program Change

This menu is called "edit multi" but the settings apply in sequencer mode.

Hi Ace,
    I had written in my post that the problem is in VC-mode, not sequencer-mode. In VC mode you don't have access to these parameters!

I haven't seen any problems yet with a quick play... are you sure that these aren't just presets with a limited sustain? The sustain pedal only does the same as keeping the note held, it does not change the amp envelope sustain (that is, unless you link it).

Hi,
    yes, I am sure.

Just tried the "Ben Crosland Signature Set 2011"
    Patches 0-4 respond to sustain, Patches 5-6 do not. Patch 7 does ("Furball"), Patch 8 doesn't ("Floaty")

Why is that and where can I change this? ?(

best regards, Chris

I can't seem to find the answer for this:

When I'm using the Virus Control PlugIn and browsing sounds in the browser I notice that some respond to sustain pedal and some don't.
    But I just can't seem to find a way to change this - where is the "sustain enable" switch?

The only thing I can find in the manuals about it is in regard to Multi-Mode settings (which I can't edit when in Sequencer mode.)

Any ideas?

Chris

I realized that in Virus Control the Live-Mode was switched on...

Hi Marcel,
    Thanks for chiming in - no, it's not the "LIVE"-Mode unfortunately.

Yep, it's really frustrating having to "fine tune" your system! I don't have an unusual setup and besides that I'm working as system administrator for the Mac/Pro Tools platform for a big broadcaster and I think I know what I'm doing! ;)
    So, I've got all our Pro Tools and even picky PlugIns up and running day after day, but it seems I fail at the TI. :rolleyes:
    When I find the time to, I'm going to set up a fresh system and fresh install of Logic just for the TI, strip down my system to minimal hardware and then hit support again...

(Thanks, Marc, for the offer - I will come back to that)
    Best regards,
    Jesper

there are many reasons for clicks and pops. we have not found one which cannot be cured so far. i know, this is frustrating and you can see this issue popping up on our forum and elsewhere every now and then. you should get in touch with support for two reasons: we can help you out and if there is a real problem, we can address it. "i'm in the same boat" doesn't really help you guys or us either.
    best, marc

Hi Marc,

it seems to be that I have been through everything with support (I tried the full "procedure" over again with every new system I had running over the years...) - there doesn't seem to be a solution!
    It's not working and support could not give me any new things to try. So, it seems I'm stuck with that.

regards, Jesper

I am so annoyed after spending hours in the studio again to find out what could be wrong...

I own one of the first TI Pølar that were delivered and I have NEVER been able to get it into a really stable working condition when using it in TI mode with the plugin. (In standalone it's really fine since OS 2.5.something) I have tried the support again and again and, although they try to help me we seem to be getting nowhere.

My problems look like this:

I'm using an M-audio Lightbridge with 18 Channels I/O and newest Logic on 8-core MacPro (MacOS 10.6.5).
    The system is very well equipped and, the TI aside, runs perfectly and is capable of huge workloads without clicks or dropouts.

When I use the TI the Virus seems to get more and more unstable. I experience clicks, arpeggiators running out of sync and when it gets worse stuck or missing notes and flickering lights. The TI plugin doesn't show any errors.

I have tried using the Macs USB and using a Sonnet USB card especially for the virus. I have changed cables, I have de-installed other drivers and Automap just for checking: no improvement.

When I do a reset at the TI (power down, power on holding ARP Edit) problems are gone for one to three play-runs of the song but then start to sneak in again.
    When using the TI as the only audio interface things seem to work OK, but that can't be a solution really. (I had the same problems using a Yamaha mLAN card and a MotU 828mkII as audio interface, so it's not the Lightbridge I think.)

BTW: I now like to work at 96kHz sample rate. Problems are less when in 44,1kHz but still present.

Has anyone been there and come to a solution?

Maybe somebody in Munich could lend me a Virus to try out if it's my TI that's behaving badly?

Please help, I'm really frustrated with this fine-souding synth. :(

Jesper

Yes, had those too until OS 2.6 - and Access still owes me new tweeters for my loudspeakers because the TI shot them! Of course they never answered to my complaint.... :rolleyes:

Since these days I always mute the TI channel when powering on/off or updating - and it has its own switchable power outlet since the TI hasn't even got a power switch.

I think this is a design flaw and should at least be mentioned with a big warning sign in the manual.

But, oh - it's only a twoandahalfthousand dollar synth - what do you expect... ;)

I found that my first generation TI Polar doesn't even play the demo song correctly. Is that a known bug or is my unit defective? There are lots of notes missing. I have the newest OS 4.05.01. (yes, already tried the reset-boot)

I am still trying to find out why the TI feature (plugin) doesn't seem to work reliably. Sometimes, yes sometimes it does actually work - but only for some minutes or so. Some stops and playbacks later the TI gets out of sync, crashes or behaves strangely.

But on the other hand - I have been talking to several Virus TI users lately and ALL OF THEM told me that the TI plugin doesn't really work for them... So maybe it just doesn't work?! (even on a TI2 white out ed.!)

(My config: Mac Pro 2009, newest OS and Logic, no USB Hub)

Please let me know what you think.
    Chris