Beiträge von 10Shillingsworth

After updating my Virus TI 2 Keyboard, I now have a new option for receiving audio from the Virus...Bit Accurate what is this new feature? Is it better than Core audio?

Hi All,

If i leave a long enough gap between pressing each note, the amp envelope retriggers.
    However if i don't, the amp envelope won't retrigger and just does portamento.
    I have the virus set to Mono 2 Multitrigger legato.

After messing around it seems to re trigger as long as the release of a note does not overlap the start of the next.
    Surely this should not matter as it is in multi trigger mode.

Cheers

10Shillinsworth

Setting up the virus TI 2 with logic
    Okay first off i was extremely excited when i plugged the virus TI2 keyboard in, and still was even when i was overwhelemd by the features of the synth.

However i cannot find information about certain aspects of the Synth setup.

I would ideally like to be able to record audio from me hitting the keys, WHILST editing the synth via the Plugin through logic (pro x on a mac 15" (with enough spec to run everything fine)). i have found pretty much no information regarding this.

So far i have managed to play a few notes through logic connected via usb. However when i draw a midi note into logic, and play the track back, it does not sound like the note i played when just hitting the key.

I would have bounced the midi notes i drew (even though they didn't sound like when i hit the keys with the same duration as the midi note length drawn), however logic will not let me do this. therefore i refer back to line 3 and want to record audio as well as edit the synth via vst.

Can anyone please help the excitement peppered with frustration and slight contemptuous feelings i have toward the virus?

Here are the scenarios again tailored to logic pro x (via USB if possible) but any answers are greatly appreciated.

1. Play virus keys to taste while editing vst ---> draw audio and have the same sequence played back ----> then render for further editing
    2. failing number 1 ----> Play virus keys to taste while editing vst ---------> and record audio!
    3. failing number 2 ------>Play virus keys to taste editing standalone (would have to edit parameters via vat and save preset to use on stand alone)------> record audio
    I hope my point is made sufficiently as i just wanna play the damn thing the way i want!

Thanks in advance Ladies and Gentlemen!
    Ben

Okay first off i was extremely excited when i plugged the virus TI2 keyboard in, and still was even when i was overwhelemd by the features of the synth.

However i cannot find information about certain aspects of the Synth setup.

I would ideally like to be able to record audio from me hitting the keys, WHILST editing the synth via the Plugin through logic (pro x on a mac 15" (with enough spec to run everything fine)). i have found pretty much no information regarding this.

So far i have managed to play a few notes through logic connected via usb. However when i draw a midi note into logic, and play the track back, it does not sound like the note i played when just hitting the key.

I would have bounced the midi notes i drew (even though they didn't sound like when i hit the keys with the same duration as the midi note length drawn), however logic will not let me do this. therefore i refer back to line 3 and want to record audio as well as edit the synth via vst.

Can anyone please help the excitement peppered with frustration and slight contemptuous feelings i have toward the virus?

Here are the scenarios again tailored to logic pro x (via USB if possible) but any answers are greatly appreciated.

1. Play virus keys to taste while editing vst ---> draw audio and have the same sequence played back ----> then render for further editing
    2. failing number 1 ----> Play virus keys to taste while editing vst ---------> and record audio!
    3. failing number 2 ------>Play virus keys to taste editing standalone (would have to edit parameters via vat and save preset to use on stand alone)------> record audio
    I hope my point is made sufficiently as i just wanna play the damn thing the way i want!

Thanks in advance Ladies and Gentlemen!
    Ben