Beiträge von RichardSnell

Hi

When I use the virus in multimode or sequence mode , having connected to my Mac via USB I get a very odd issue where it sounds fine but as soon as I click on any other track in Ableton live I get what sounds like the init patch of the virus sounding. It holds the sound until I change the virus into single mode!

WTF!?

Anyone any ideas. I'm not using the virus plugin. So just direct USB connection.will that not work?

Anyone any ideas?

Richard

Hi

Is there any method you can use to back up and then restore virus ti patches without using the VST plugin?

I need to change the internal battery which will wipe all my patches and as I now have a Mac with Big Sur installed I am unable to use the plugin (very annoying)

Any suggestions? Any 3rd party bits of software that would allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Hi

Had my Virus for about 7 years and never had an issue.

However, now, when I change patch or I change from Single to Multimode it is locking up. If I leave it, it eventually comes back but it can be anything up to 20 seconds before that happens. This renders it useless really for playing live (something I do a lot of).

I'm almost at the point of just putting it on eBay and selling it cheap to whoever wants it.

So this is really a last ditch attempt to salvage it. Anyone at all know what might be causing this? Had similar issues? Could any settings like input/output options cause such things or is it likely the CPU or something is on the way out. Being in the midlands in the UK there is NO ONE I can take this to to take at....which is REALLY frustrating.

If anyone can offer some help here I'd be hugely grateful.

Kind regards

Richard

Hi

I have an access virus TI . Recently I've noticed that after a while playing it, it develops an issue.

Changing patch doesn't change the sound. It becomes stuck on whichever patch I was playing. Even switching between Multi and Single has no effect.

The only way I can reset it is by turning it off and on again :(

Anyone had this issue / know what I can do. Been looking for a repair shop but can't find anywhere. I am based in the east Midlands, England.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Hi

When I try to backup my virus TI I'm getting the following message

"The operation failed. Please try the operation again...."

USB connection is good. I just updated to latest OS version which worked fine

Anyone know why this might be happening? Had the same issue and fixed?

Kind regards

Richard

Ha ah!

So i found this in another forum:

"There are 2 different areas in the Multi storage: the first 16 slots (0 through 15) store the Multi program *and* the actual changes done to a sound. All other Multi programs past that (so from 16 on upwards) solely store the Multi program settings *without* any changes done to sounds. For these Multi programs you would have to store also the changed settings of a Single Sound to its actual Single Sound location (however you can only store sounds to RAM banks)."

So that will explain it.

Posted here in case anyone else is thinking they too have an issue!

:)

Richard

hi

i have a Virus Ti and have created a number of multipatches which I use in a live environment. Never had an issue with it before.

Today I have a created a new multi-patch with 4 different single patches in it and saved it.

gone back to it to find that whilst the single patches are what I set it to, a certain number of parameters have not been saved such as delay, release, arp on and its settings. Also lost matrix settings.

No idea what is going on. Tried again and same thing happened.

I'm on User patch 20 - there isn't some lock is there above a certain patch number ? I'd assume not but I'm not sure what else it could be other than some very strnage save issue.

Anyone else encounteredt this? Tried googling but nothing which makes me think its some odd setting I have turned on without realising.

Help!!?

Kind Regards

richard

Hi

I have an issue with my Virus Ti in which I hear horrible distortion whenever I increase the volume to a certain level.

Usually I need to increase master volume knob to about 2 or 3 o'clock before distortion kicks in.

As anyone else had this issue?

Also, does anyone know of any repair centres in the UK? I really don't want to send my virus to Germany!! I've also got a gig on the 19th December so this is really urgent!!!

Please, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Richard