Beiträge von justinpower

Problem: When patch editing/creating, I prefer to use the knobs on the actual board for obvious reasons. This works fine when starting from scratch cause i know what's going on with the initialized patch but can be inconvenient when trying to edit a preset because i have to guess what's going on in certain areas of the patch. usually i just end up mousing around the virus control cause it's way easier to see everything that's happening on the preset.

Solution: it would be really awesome if there was a "focus view" mode that could be enabled in virus control where the virus control automatically switches to view the tab that contains the parameter you are editing. for instance, if you changed the LP filter cutoff, virus control automatically views the filter tab. changing LFO rate would switch the view to the LFO tab and so on. if you are familiar with ultrabeat, it has a "voice auto select" button on the top right that sort of works like this in that it shows the voice you just played on the keyboard. ;)

Edit: Also it would be cool if the drop down menus for parameters that have them (modes, wavetables, etc) pop out when you turn the corresponding knobs. for instance, if you were turning the knob to change the wavetables, the drop down menu that shows up when you click the parameter in VC would show up and highlight the wavetable that is currently selected. for settings like this where the setting list isn't alphabetized it's a real pain to try using the knobs to change them.

Having this would be a huge workflow improvement and make it much easier to avoid using the mouse which i would assume is a primary draw for many hardware synth users. i haven't used my NI Maschine in a while but as far as i remember it functioned like this and worked really well so would be helpful for Access developers to look at how they did it.

Cheers,
    Justin

As a work around, if I need super accurate control of a parameter, I just menu dive to the parameter on the display. From there once you turn the soft knob to the corresponding parameter it will be "focused" and will have an upside down triangle above it. You can then use the value +/- buttons to get to the exact value you want. I've found this to be incredibly necessary when trying to home in on the timbre I want when using the FM and Osc 2 detune knobs together for rager house lead patches.

Performer in Massive is pretty fun. I'm pretty sure you should be able to achieve the same effect with the arpeggiator though by setting it to Arp>Martix then using the mod matrix to modulate whatever parameter you would assign the massive performer to.

In the virus control, It would be cool if there was an YX pad with infinitely assignable parameters to each axis like in Zebra 2 or the VST bay in Ableton. I know the same functionality can be achieved by assigning parameters to the knobs under the display, but it would be nice to be able to move the mouse with one hand and play with the other and tweaking multiple parameters at once. Also using the mouse with xy pad gives different creative results than the knobs.

Thanks,
    Justin :thumbup: