Beiträge von antichic

Hi everyone, got some virus stuff, science fiction, need some ears, wish it was danceable, thanks ahead

[soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

Hi Jesper,

as luck has it, I am also in munich and have a polar. I too am experiencing clicks and nasty noise blurts.. I work with ableton live but I doubt it matters. I always end up recording the channels and sounds off the virus 1 by 1 and dont really use it much in multimode-Live as its just too unreliable.

I have already considered downgrading to a snow or even an Indigo as that one seemed much more stable.

Anyway, hit me and lets see if we can shed some light on the polar

cheers AJ

I just wanted to say a big white thanks for checking out my Blade Runner attempt...I am really perplexed to receive comments from everyone and especially from some top sound designers here on access,....wow thanks,its really motivating!

cheers Ajay

Hello, now that the cat is out of the bag, I hope I am still welcome after dismantling my Ti

heres me and my Ti Polar:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

cheers & looking forward to OS4!

Hi, thanks for checking it out, the mod was pretty straight forward. No magic there, just careful handling and no alterations done to the Ti Parts.

If you havent seen it, heres the making of:

Hi I am sort of new here,

For anyone who likes the Blade Runner Soundtrack,All Synths, sounds, bangs FX etc. were programmed only using the Virus Ti Polar.
    Ableton is only running as midi sequencer with a master compressor & for playing the video.

Let me know what you think, Cheers !

Hi there,I think I have to disappoint you a bit.
    I too spent days trying to get a useful sound from the vocoder patches and was getting nothing useful...same problems ,overgain neccesary and yet very weak and buggy results.
    I kept having glitches and stuck notes. In the end I found out that you have to choose not only the preset but also,you have to make sure the setting in the effects for that patch is right.
    A.connect mic or audio to in L&R or mono and make sure the in coming signal is at nine o'clock
    B:choose one of those access vocoder presets
    C.press "edit distortion" twice,which takes through to voco and in put parameters(these are the equivs of the assigned knobs) and make sure the voco mode is set to oscillator.Now when you play the keys, you should hear something resembling a voco fx.
    Setting th voco mode to oscillator to anything else is useless especially noise.
    Play with the settings,balance,spectrum, filter bands..whatever and get back to me unhappy.
    I actually tried again ,I can get the voco timbre to sound but can not produce a vocal to be understood whilst using it.
    Sad thing is,I once had the access indigo and with that one I got some pretty good results.

my recommendations:
    -get a roland vp 330,instant magic but verry expensive
    -get a korg micro
    -get the prosoniq orange plugin

there are others but these are the ones that I have had at some point and do great jobs
    Lastly ask access to do a workover ,thats an update I might even pay for,maybe the future?

hi there,thats something I miss too,I found this on youtube but the guy wouldnt respond to my asking how its done.
    I have a cat on my lap that relies on stroking most of the time and can only operate my polar with one hand so theres a bunch of functions I never get to use...seriously I think its a definate must - have for single handed quick editing