Beiträge von kwtsh

Thanks again, really great progress!! When I've got this working well I'll happily upload a tutorial video for Virus TI users connecting via MIDI and SPDIF only with Ableton Live on Mac

Now you've described how to record automation I realise I've known how to do that, just forgot this step in Live, thinking I had to configure something in the panel! Thanks for the reminder, will try it out and report back...

Is this a silly question? You discuss how to increase the MaxExportedVstParemeters. Is there there any harm increasing this to a larger number, say 10,000? As I'm on Mac OSX what should I call this file and where should I put it? Is this 64 parameter limitation why the Effects section doesn't respond? How about the ARP section? As a lot of my music and virus users work with trance so ARP support would be kinda cool and now with the sync issues looking so much better than USB!!! Any chance of the list of the 64 Parameters that can be automated? Should I expect adjusting the parameters in the Arp section of the panel to change the playing Arp?

I can confirm that Live does now sync with the TI, but think this is just Live talking directly to the synced Output MIDI port over SPDIF. I'll test the panel again tonight, I recall setting under the panels MIDI menu:

MIDI/Plugin Options/Input from Plugin Host
    MIDI/Plugin Options/Output from Plugin Host

I get what you mean about combining the panel and and Live's MIDI ports together. Are there any advantages to this complexity that you can see?

I did try creating multiple tracks in Live each with controller instances, but as each can only output on channels 1/2 it doesn't really achieve 3 tracks playing simultaneously over MIDI, each tweakable as they haven't been bounced to audio...if we can do that!! Wow!

Sounds like Ctrlr needs this thousands of modulators improvement, but with they way it's released this will then mean it'll break Juce with any panel over 1590.....:(

Thanks again for all the work!!

Hi

I posted on the ctrlr panel forum too, so please forgive the duplication, but figure there might be more users on this forum that could assist, particularly as some of the issues are more DAW / routing related..

If I can get this working and stable it will be like a unicorn has walked into my studio and I can banish VC and USB! :)

So far the successes I've had with the panel are loading banks and patches, I can use the virus to control filter parameters and play live over midi and TRS analog 1/2. It's rock solid audio wise and so far the arps seem solid; never thought I'd say that! Big creds!! I'd have finished this post ages ago but just had a long virus jam no crashes :) Some of the Panel GUI updates according to the Virus knobs and can see the parameter changing in Live in real time as I change parameters on the Virus TI, just cant figure out how to record it successfully in Live, (automation arm enabled in session view). Any ideas anyone?

Some areas of the panel unfortunately dont seem to respond to knob changes on the virus, r.g. Effects

The Arp section in the panel seems to have no effect, maybe missing something? Changing resolution/octave for example in user pattern I cant hear any difference in the arp sequence. Turn the arp off in the panel and the Arp stays on, on the virus.

I was struggling to get Live to send Midi Clock to the virus through the panel, but managed to get that working over MIDI, so can now control arp tempo by adjusting live's BPM on push. Nice :) Trick there was to enable Output: Midi Virus (on Motu) to Sync:On, Change Midi Menu 2/3 on Virus to Sync to External and the final piece of the puzzle is to start the transport!! (duh!) so that the midi clock is being sent from Motu over SPDIF to Virus. Arps now respond very quickly when increasing the BPM in Live. But a BPM light on the Virus TI panel, like the Snow's panel would be great :)

No pops, crackles, near deafening explosive audio hiccups. Ah bliss :)

You mentioned back in a Feb post that the panel is only single part. Is that correct for the 4.1 build? I have three stereo analog TRS outs coming from the Virus into my Motu and would be great to have multiple tracks in Live for different timbral parts. Any way this can be achieved?

Using output 1/2 over TRS, but when I go to selected parts 2 or 3 of the multi timbal part on the panel and they using outputs 3/4 or 5/6 they refuse to work (and the cables are plugged in and fairly sure my routing is correct!!) only 1/2 seems to output. When selecting the Out 1 L/R MultiTimbral Part on the Standalone version the text "Multi Part Parameter Output Selected" appears in the Virus Display inside the Panel GUI, but note in the AU version selecting a different MultiTimbral Part, e.g. Out 1 L/R the text that appears in the Virus Display inside the Panel GUI seems to indicate another USB output has been selected. (Remember I'm not using USB), they seem mixed up in in the AU version and OK on the standalone. I've tried them all but can only get 1/2 outputs working single timbre.
    Is there any way we can achieve a 3 part multitimbral live set using the Ctrlr Panel with the Virus TI?

Options:
    1) Multiple Panels inside Ctrlr, not flexible enough for me, prefer to be able to add effects and routing in Live.
    2) Multiple tracks in Live with different panel instances loaded, e.g. Track 1 : MultiTimbral Part 1, Track 2 : MultiTimbral Part 2 etc?

Many thanks, much appreciated, amazing work so far and a potential god send to the virus community :)

Virus TI Panel AU 4.1 / Ctrlr 1590 AU. Mac OSX 10.8.5 / Virus TI Desktop 5.0.3.00 / Ableton Live 9.1 x64
    On Panel Plugin Host > Output Device Enabled
    Connected over Midi In & Out to Motu 828Mk3 Virus TI.
    Audio out from Virus TI to Motu via analog TRS 1/2, 3/4, 5/6