Beiträge von MrMowgli

Generally the issue has to do with the fact that the virus is running a pretty slow USB speed, and when it works on a hub, the slowest device on the hub brings all the other devices to that speed. So basically they suggest you put the Virus on it's own USB port. Figuring out what your USB ports are and which one to use can be tricky at best, and in a laptop with USB-C it's probably the only USB port.

Adding another hub on top of the original internal hub can cause latency, but in my experience putting a hub on that isn't sharing any other devices and supports USB High-Speed has worked fine for me. However I also went out of my way to find the fastest hub I could.

Well USB is a tricky thing. I would say the most likely suspect is the USB cable, make sure you are using the one that came with the Virus, a clear visibly braided cable. The reason could also be that you have different types of USB ports and the virus can only sync relyably over lower speed usb ports. Perhaps if you got an MTT Usb Hub that could deal with higher speeds then everything would work correctly? MTT hubs set the speed per connection rather than assuming everything is USB 2. Of course that won't work either if you don't have a beefy well insulated cable.

Hrm I still have issues with arp editor, and other minor aspects, like the occasional CTRLR crash. To be fair you did an amazing job with it. I would still like to see official support for it.

I wonder is there some way to have the TI VST keep the messaging and the control but just skip the audio chain portion and have the audio direct out? Or was the timing poor for that as well?

The two options available, the ctrlr and the Mystery-Islands plugins only partially work. Neither one truly captures everything going on on the virus, and I know for a fact the ctrlr version whilst free still has serious problems. And since neither is actually supported by Access, there's no way to trouble shoot or otherwise get them to parity with the full features of the VST instrument.

And I also don't understand why there is no "Midi Only" / "Controller Only" option in the VST when there is clearly so much demand for it. It's really just tweaking the code you already have. I'd understand if this is a similar issue to the audio drivers, where you contracted the original software, and there's nobody in house that can do it. But even then I'd think it would be worth updating it for all the minor things that have been stacking up like screen resolution upgrades, version differences between platforms etc.

Interestingly I found out that electrolytic caps can be self healing: Just turning on the unit and leaving it on for a while might actually rejuvenate the capacitors. Try a few times, leaving it "on" for 20 minutes each time. Capacitors are a very common point of failure and a good repair shop should be relatively cheap. One that specializes in music gear or has seen a Virus B before shouldn't end up charging a fortune.

Ok, the easy answer is that you only ever have one instance of virus control in your project. You pu it into an instrument rack, and then in your individual tracks yousend the output of the track to the instrument rack, with each tracks channel pointing at the next sound slot (on the left of the Virus Control).

When you use the virus, the USB driver for Mac and PC automatically lets the DAW, in your case Cubase, know that it needs to turn on Delay Compensation. The reason is that the TI expects that you are using the Virus Control plugin to send everything back and forth. It adds a huge amount of delay to your other tracks to compensate for the delay caused by Virus Control. If you don't use VC, and you instead just use the midi ports on the USB, you will discover that the compensation is still on, and the virus sounds early. Either use the delay compensation with the VC plugin, or turn it off for your project in Cubase.

basically this hasn't anything to do with the Virus, this has to do with pre-delay in your sequencer. It's called delay compensation and anytime you have any instruments or effect s on a track, it takes time to process them. Obviously you want everything to still sync up afterwards so what you do is slow down ALL the other tracks by the amount of time it takes to record that channel.

This means that when you record something on a chack that doesn't have pre-delay, it will sound early. I can't tell you how to fix it specifically for your DAW, but I suspect that after you record everything you should be able to either slip the audio, or add pre-delay to that track. The delay amount will totally depend on how much is going on in your song and how many effects/instruments you use.

@GESchwalm - It's actually pretty simple. The multi's are stored with the 'store' button just like the patches are. There are 127 Multi's available.

FYI:
    I believe that there are a fixed number of multi's (#20 and lower?) that actually contain an edited version of the patch. In other words those Multi's don't change if you happen to overwrite or edit the individual patches later on.