Beiträge von MrMowgli

Yeah, it's totally possible that you have a ground loop somewhere in your rig. For the short term, make sure you only use your laptop on batteries, not connected to a wall socket!
    Also if you are hooked up to a speaker system anywhere, or amps, it's totally possible one or more of those isn't earthed properly. You need to suss that out ASAP, as it can be very dangerous! It's also worth buying a power conditioner and UPS power backup for your critical (aka EXPENSIVE) gear...

It's also possible to us Ctrlr (Ctrlr.org) with the Virus Panel to do everything everything over midi or Midi-USB. Then you just send the notes to each channel as normal. I actually tend to run this way anyway because for some reason it sounds better. You just send your tracks to the Virus-Synth midi port.

Very often you can do some simple things like
    A: Make sure you have the latest firmware installed
    B: Set your Daw to the same frequency rate as the virus (44khz or 48khz)
    C: Make sure you are using the cable that came with the synth, it's braided for better shielding and faster data
    D: Make sure the virus is on it's own dedicated USB port. This bit is tricky since inside the computer there is usually a hub where all or most of the USB ports connect to. That means if you have other low speed devices, like usb scanner, keyboard, mouse etc, everything will run at the slowest devices speed. One way to solve that is to get an MTT capable hub, and plug all your other USB devices into that and then hook the Virus either into that, or in it's own USB port. The MTT hub will make the slower devices appear to be faster and none of them will interfere with the Virus anymore.

Actually I think Elektron would be a nice home for them. I could see a great fusion between the Virus sound and the Elektron sequencers and drum machines. Not sure if they would have enough resources to do it properly or not though...

Dude, you got this.

More importantly, the odds are there will always be weird stuff. My biggest piece of advice is: Once you have it working, don't change anything ESPECIALLY don't upgrade your OS. Just leave it unconnected from the internets. The world changes, but the Virus does not.

Well, I don't know if I have this right either, I just recently started using it in TI mode...

For starter only the latest two versions allow for 48khz operation, so assuming you have that, your audio project should also be 48khz.

Put the TI on an effects or common track (One that is shared). Make sure it's output is the main outs, or another shared track. Make sure you have delay compensation turned on.

Redirect each normal track note/midi output to the shared track. Daw dependent.

In the TI, drag each sound to the appropriate channels on the left.

I use another soundcard for the audio outs, not the Virus. I suspect if I used the Virus outs, my computer would explode.

Voila! There you have it. You can also bounce tracks.

Some notes:
    1) Standalone apparently sounds much better.
    2) You should be using a hub that supports MTT, which makes sure each device on it translates the speed to a higher rate, rather than slowing down all USB to the slowest device.
    3) Some people on Windows discover that the USB ports use an IRQ that's shared with something evil, like video cards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_request_(PC_architecture)
    4) You might need to enable "Live" mode to reduce latency. I have no idea if this should ever be off.
    5) I actually noticed in my DAW that it's better for me to record just to a midi note track and then afterwards redirect that to the TI.

Well it's true that they "heavy hitters" like Yamaha are trying to catch up to the Virus, and that the Virus is losing ground in this area, but I doubt that they will ever match the Virus signature sounds. It's not just specs that make these things tick. At the same time, it doesn't mean that Access has the luxury of just sitting around either.

Your Midi Keyboard is sending controller messages that are used by the Virus. Probably no easy way to get rid of this, you should read the documentation for your keyboard, perhaps it lets you disable controllers, or set them to something the Virus isn't using. Alternatively you could go through your DAW, a lot of them allow track filtering.

Yes, you can map more than one patch to the same midi channel in Multi Mode. It allows you to create some pretty amazing stacked sounds, or you can map each sound to it's own key range making it great for live performances.

As for Logic Pro X, I don't use that so I couldn't tell you about the workflow. Perhaps start a new thread on that? I _think_ that you can bounce more than one track through TC at the same time, but I have no idea, and I'm not using a snow.