Beiträge von MrMowgli

A multi is a collection of Singles stacked up to 16 channels (For the snow it's probably 4 channels?) with each channel mapped to a midi channel. So to play track 2, you change your midi controller to play on Midi Channel 2. This way you can play back 4 different parts from other hardware/sequencers.

I should point out that I am getting reasonable results using an MTT hub on OSX with Bitwig Studio. The key is that you need to put the VC on it's own shared channel then route the note information per track to a channel in the Virus TC. Everything seems like it was in sync with the audio and (with the VC in Live Mode) played back glitch free. Playing IN to the synth was awful though, recording channels the timing was off. I just record to a virtual instrument then changed it to the VC afterwards. I'll report back if there are any other problems.

I would love to see some development happening as well! There are plenty of things that could be improved! I don't think the USB1 is fixable but a lot of other stuff is.

However as far as the Darkstar is concerned, it has been available since 2013. I wouldn't say that's a recent release.

Ahhh this is probably a voice stealing problem, where you have too much going on per patch, and they might have long decays, so at a point you run out of DSP and voices for both channels. Hope that helps :)

Yes basically that's what I am saying. Controllers received by the Virus (IF that particular CC number does something) will change the sound. SYSEX on the other hand shouldn't. So either the controller send can be turned off on the Bassstation or I think you might be out of luck without a DAW. Sorry :(

Well most of the cheaper midi controllers aren't very well built, you might be better off finding an older less desirable synthesizer or keyboard with a midi out might work better.

BUT that said I am a fan of the Novation C-Stations, they have a great app for mapping the knobs to specific keyboards and they have a map for Access Virus A/B/C on them by default

The other range that works well is the Arturua series.

It's not a stupid question, it's just that this has more to do with the Novation than the Virus. You can turn off whether the Virus listens to patch or bank change messages, and probably bank dumps etc. but general controller information will still go through unless your Novation can filter them. Some DAWS can filter them out, like Cakewalk, but then you have to have a computer in the way. Also why not just use the arpeggiator on the Virus?

I believe the Virus B allowed you to set the outputs independently? You might want to go the the ctrl settings or edit for the multi to get to the outputs. Or the volumes might be turned down for the channels?

You should never have to reinstall the software from just plugging into another USB port. The problems with glitching are usually because the Virus slows everything plugged into whatever port it's plugged into to USB 1.0. That means if you have a soundcard, mouse, or anything else plugged in there that expects USB 2 or 3, it will eat up a huge amount of USB 1.0 bandwidth, since you have effectively turned that USB port into USB 1.0. SInce 1.0 isn't fast at all, and the Virus needs most of the bandwidth, anything else will eat too much and cause snaps and crackles. So plug it into 2.0, or 3.0, but don't plug anything else into the the same speed ports, because they are probably all using the same speed internal hub.

I suspect most of their work is on the Kemper amps and simulators, which is of course wonderful. On the flipside it means they are starving the Virus, clearly believing it will be fine, it is a winner, and Kemper was really keeping Access alive by acquiring them.

It's really time to put some attention back on the Virus, perhaps putting out something between the Snow and the Polar. Or beefing up the stats on the TI series. Hardware cycles ARE very long typically especially in smaller companies, so I understand everything taking longer, especially with what amounts to two separate hardware companies each working with half the resources.