Beiträge von Antonym

Is there a way to change the way the TI2 transmits aftertouch, or at least alter the threshold at which it starts? - I'm not a particularly heavy handed keyboard player, but every part I play into Cubase is riddled with aftertouch. :?:

The Virus only transmits at 12mbs, while it is compatible with USB 2.0, it won't transfer at those speeds...has been the whole issue with the virus glitches in my opinion.

Indeed - slightly irritating to find that, having just spent a shed-load on what I thought would be an up to date instrument.
    I presume that is something that can't be fixed with a software update?

Check out the ValhallaDSP line of plugins. The all have fully functional demos, and cost only 50$ each. I've got all of them and have nothing but praise to say about them.

• Valhalla Shimmer - reverb with pitch shifter in feedback path (inspired by Eventide). Ambient heaven!
    • Valhalla UberMod - multitap delay that becomes chorus, flanger or even reverb, depending on settings. Very unique design.
    • Valhalla VintageVerb - extremely versatile and good-sounding reverb inspired by HW processors (Lexicon and such)
    • Valhalla Room - another useful and versatile reverb, perhaps with less "character" than VintageVerb. It does not emulate quirks of hardware, rather it is based on an "idealized" model.

hope this helps 8)

Wow - just tried Shimmer - what a beautiful bit of kit!
    Thanks for the tip

OK - will write to support...

your not trying to use 48kHz sample rate by any chance? if so, then you'll have to switch to 44.1khz as 48 is broken on OS 5.0.7

Ah yes - that'll be it - thank you.
    Will this be fixed at any point does anyone know?...my work now demands that I work at 48

the mac reports the speed of the connected device, i.e. plug a usb 1.1 device into a usb 2.0 port and it will report 1.1 speed (12mb/s)
    so that normal.

but your issue with cubase sounds like its worth working through with support… unless of course you find a usb port that works better :o)

OK thank you.

Yes, I seem to be getting MIDI mayhem suddenly...mainly that using the Virus's own keyboard results in sporadic and stuck notes. I can trigger it OK from another keyboard....

Hello,
    I've noticed some erratic behaviour with my new Virus TI when using it with Cubase 7.5/Mac OS 10.9.1 - sounds changing spontaneously; timing going weird etc so thought I'd try using a different USB socket to see if things improved.
    I then noticed in Mac system report, some sockets come up as "Hi Speed USB" with up to 480 MB/s...
    "cool - I'll use one of those" I thought, but as soon as I switch the Virus into any one of them the port becomes plain old "USB Port" with speed of only "up to12MB/s".
    Why is this and should I be concerned?

I've noticed a sudden change in timbre of patches when working with VC 5.0.7 in Cubase7.5 (Mac OS 10.9.1) which I've pinned down to a spontaneous automatic movement in the Osc 2 Key Follow knob to about -32. It's as if some controller message is being sent, but it happens at quite random intervals - sometimes when I'm editing other parameters but sometimes when I've left the sequencer in stop mode and left the room for a few minutes. It can occur even when there are no tracks with data in the sequencer. ?(
    Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Thank you

UPDATE...think I've solved the problem - folder was write protected so I enabled read/write for all users and staff

Hello,

totally new to all things Access so please bear with me -

How do I export a whole bank of sounds i.e. create a new library in the *.mid format?

I've got to grips with using banks created by other users but would like to add some of my own....
    I see there is an option to "create new library" when hitting save in VC, but when I go through the motions of naming a new library etc, nothing is created in my patches folder.

(Mac OS 10.9.1, Cubase 7.5 64bit)

Many thanks in advance :)