Beiträge von Orkanoid

thanks for the info flabberbob. but the thing is the ENV AMOUNT knob goes from -100% to +100%. then one should expect it to be 0 in the center positon. and when i set the CUTOFF knob to the center position(half open), and turn the ENV AMOUNT all the way down to -100%, the envelope should modulate the cutoff. but it doesn't. it operates as if the env amount is zero. to get a negative envelope you have to go to filter edit and change envelope polarity to negative.
    another example, when i turn the filter fully open and set the ENV AMOUNT knob to center position (to where the knob shows zero) i get the envelope actually modulating the filter! but it shouldn't because i just set the env amount to zero right?
    at the position the ENV AMOUNT knob shows -100%, the screen shows zero, at the position the knob shows zero, the screen shows +63, and when the knob is +100% the screen shows 127. i think this is counter-intuitive, i am beginning to think that they just labeled this knob's range wrong :)

Just curious. If i have to go to the filter edit menu and change filter envelope polarity to set a negative value for filter envelope amount, why does the ENV AMOUNT knob have a minimum value of -100%? shouldn't it be from 0 to +100%? because when you set this knob to minimum, the filter envelope has no effect, which means filter envelope amount is zero (rather than -100%), right? i can't be the only one confused about this, am i missing something here?

Is there a way to individually backup ROM banks? (C-H) I know they can't be overwritten, but i want to make my custom A and B banks, then force them (Store to Flash) to ROM banks C-D, then make new A and B and force them to E-F etc. and eventually customize all banks on my Virus C. This seems possible, haven't tried it though. Before i try i wanted to know if dumping (or backup some other way) ROM banks is possible so if i mess up i can fix things easier.

The 6.5 update has a midi file for ROM sounds, but that loads all C-H banks at a time. even if it could be used to restore just one bank i don't know how to do it :thumbup: . Anyway, would be glad if someone can help me sort this out.