Beiträge von shaneblyth

I am getting some strange stuff happening with my Snow. It's connected to a Casio PX 5 S stage piano and the PX is set to not send program changes at all thru the MIDI cable but when I change a patch by hitting the buttons for various sound selection on the PX it does weird stuff to the Snow. There are 10 buttons to change patches on the Casio controller but some affect the snow things like the volume is set to zero on the snow or the pitch is down a semi tone. So it's not changing an actual patch but seems to be effecting parameters so is the re a way to stop the snow receiving this sort of data at all?

If it's a .mid file then plug in the virus to USB and that to your computer fire up your daw and open the vst or au that relates to your virus mine is the snow that opens up the plugin for the virus page two is the banks of sounds you drag them into the place you want and replace existing ones. It's simple we assume you have been to the download area and got the software for your virus and installed it?
    http://www.virus.info/downloads
    Look for virus ti installer 5.0.8.00

It's

No clue, send a message to tech support and I'm sure they'll get you sorted. I had problems with mine when I first got it, but support helped me resolve them, and I've been good ever since. Good luck

seems to have sorted itself out if it uses the physical outputs on the virus it seems to crash but if it outputs the virus audio out the MacBook airs own sound output it seems stable strange as it was using the snows ours the other day fine. One thing I have noticed is the huge output volume difference between its sounds going from extremely soft to suddenly 10x louder. I expect a slight volume change bit I suppose I'll have to manually go thru them and try and get a close volume match you can't have sounds leaping up in volume between the previous on one stage

Just normal first day getting my head around a few things a few days on and I am pretty well sorted thanks except my post last night I am getting ableton or any other daw crashing with the plugin while simply browsing sounds worked the day before for about 4 hours I just went thru a bunch of free sounds and some banks I bout but today no luck after reboots restarting the snow it doesn't crash just the control centre pulls either live or mainstage down Thanks

Hi I went thru and tried a bunch of patch libraries yesterday just scrolling thru hitting a key on the external Korg keyboard to play a few notes but today no matter what the host keeps crashing load it up and choose a sound move down a few and bang I can see the sounds changing on the snow it shows no errors but sound dies and ableton crashes so I reboot try again same thing so reboot and try mainstage same thing
    I hadn't updating anything so this is weird

System latest snow os
    Computer MacBook Air USB 2 port as always latest mavericks just using the USB cable and using the sound output on the snow itself any ideas on why this is now unusable?

Got a nice snow the other day I've bought some libraries and been using the browser to find things I like I'd like to make a completely blank mid file or bank and then create a selection of sounds just for live playing. Is there an easy way to do this?

Light bulb came on in my head thanks so much yes i am sure its the same as your model.
    i read the startup but no i dont have the other manual so will look and download a copy

what I see now is Edit>Config but it only looked like it had a few parameters to change but then noticed under some of the banks numbers
    <Parameters > and see the < and >buttons scroll thru a bunch more setting including the MIDI stuff I had found the config menu before but not the extras hidden in it also I now see and simple and expert mode for config so thanks so much for heading in the right direction and Ill look at the other things you mentioned too. One other thing I discovered was a setting in the config menu called Midi Volume enable disable not sure what it does yet cause i dont have it hooked up but this look interesting also

cheers again

I find every manufacturer has their own way of looking at things and often once you "get it" you can work things out. Well I have had quite a few synths over the years mainly rompler synths but this is my first Access and am excited.
    It a Snow TI and if someone could point in the right direction the manual seems to be a bit sparse.

Anyway what I am trying to achieve.

Only use is as a sound module in a band situation playing live gigs. Ive installed the latest software and booted into Ableton Live 9 and can get the control panel up but doesn't help me much. i DONT want to use the software or a computer unless i am forced too but if so hopefully I can save these MIDI settings etc to the Snow and disconnect it and then it will remember these settings without the total control needing to be attached.

Alls I need to be able to do is find things like the midi controls. I am ONLY gonna use this with a hardware synth and wont be plugging it into a computer or DAW as I am using this live in Single mode.

!) So is it possible to access things from the front panel things like MIDI controls?
    I want to do a few basic things like choose what channel it receives MIDI from my controller board on. I'd like to also be able to change, turn off or filter some stuff going through the standard 5 pin MIDI cable .
    An example: A couple of controls on my hardware controller are effecting the volume on the Snow. I don't want this to happen. I mainly want pitch wheel, mod wheel and note on and offs etc to be received at the Snow but not other stuff. My hardware controller has its own sounds and I want to mix these with the Virus live (not thru the inputs of the Snow). So my setup is really basic.

So where do I get to these sort of MIDI related controls for use in a live band situation without need a computer hooked to it just a hardware synthesiser as a controller

Once I get that sorted I just need to figure uploading patches and rearranging them but thats another question for a later date if I cant figure it.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi newbie here to the Virus I just bought a snow mainly to use as a sound module from my controller keyboard Casio PX-5S. Only had it a day but am already a bit confused. I am from NEw Zealand Queenstown specifically and semi Professional been play keys for years and look forward to getting some great sounds out of this
    Thanks

Shane Blyth

I am awaiting the arrival of my Virus snow and bought a soundbank already. Its from Lucid Samples and is suppose to be a bank of 128 pad sounds.Now when I unpack it it is a single .mid file which I know as a midi file but of course it isnt.
    So is this normal a single file for a bank in .mid format? When I get it Id like to load the whole bank in I assume I need to use the vst to do that?
    thanks

I installed the videos from the installer in OSX and it says I can access from the ? on the vst which is fine but it says I can also access from the "access music documents folder" i cant find such a folder after installing the access video installer package. I have used spotlight and also looked in the Library folder im on Mavericks. Id like to watch these on other devices when I am away from my Ti its seems strange you need to install videos. Thanks