Beiträge von spanda

Not sure if this was the same before?

Parameter feedback to VC from Ti knobs shows movement of knobs but does not show parameter numeric value change in text info window. Filter cutoff does show value in numeric values but only in the filter graph view.

A simple mouse rollover of theVC parameter does show the numeric value which is a fine workaround.

Thanks

spanda

Logic 9.1.1
    SL 10.6.3

Whoops posted this in released OS issues area
    ------------

4.0.2.01 Not bouncing with sample accuracy in Logic 9.1.1
    Bounce a part once
    Bounce the same part again
    invert polarity on one
    still hear sound

If I look at the bounced part its out by a random amount of samples and all the hits in the part are out of time with each other too, just like everything used to be in logic before 8.1.1 but other tests show its just the virus in 9.1.1 :(

Bugger was all good in version 3...

Tested with a Polar and a Desktop...

Bounce a part once
    Bounce the same part again
    invert polarity on one
    still hear sound

If I look at the bounced part its out by a random amount of samples and all the hits in the part are out of time with each other too, just like everything used to be in logic before 8.1.1 but other tests show its just the virus in 9.1.1 :(

Bugger was all good in version 3...

Tested with a Polar and a Desktop...

Os X 10.6.3
    Logic 9.1.1
    Mac Pro 2x2.8 Xeon
    Fireface 800

Os4 and Logic 9.1 working better than OS3 versions for me. 2x virus control with a Polar 1 and a Desktop 1 was problematic before os4 and is running nicely now.

RME had a recent driver upgrade (Fireface 800 for me) which has lessened the frequency of the 'Initialising Core Audio' hang but still get it sometimes, definitely better though.

A Virus reset (Arp edit with no cables for 30 secs then power on and hold for 20 secs) along with a P-Ram reset and Disk Permissions repair have cleared lots of intermittent issues for me, tried all?

Also lots of USB issues with early 2008 Mac Pro 8 core, what machine are you using? Mine stopped communicating with Ti on longer than 2 meter USB and after 2 new logic boards I can still only use a three meter high quality cable... Many reports of USB issues with the same model.

Good luck!

spanda

Hi Access people :)

Wondering if the Ti running through Virus Control follows the master pitch setting in DAW. Especially Logic 9.1 and Ableton 8.1. i.e. A=440 pitched to A=434 in logic settings sets Ti also..

Thanks for info

cheers

spanda

Bugger, with a short USB lead with the Ti being the only thing on the bus (easy to see in OS X with System Profiler and Ti gives message if anything else is on the bus which is good thanks) and OS 3.3 I still get "A communication error has occurred. The Virus Ti does not respond to request messages or the transmitted data is corrupt", had to do a P-Ram reset as virus control and virus installer weren't seeing the Ti at all for a bit there.. Have audio for now so hopefully I'll be able to work and just not have Ram patches in sync..

ahh yes, then it does this a lot...

"A communication error has occurred. The Virus Ti does not respond to request messages or the transmitted data is corrupt"

When this happens the Virus Control gets about three quarters through load before error message and the audio still works for a while...

this is all on Mac pro 2x2.8 OS X 10.5.8, logic 9.02 or Ableton 8.1

Ever since installing 3.3 I have had connection issues. I have gone back to the previous beta which now has the same problems and then to 3.1 which starts better in logic 9.02 at least.

The problems are only apparent with 5m usb connection. however I have not moved it (until now) and it was fine until the 3.3 update.

Now under 3.1 virus control usually starts up ok (slowly though) and works for a while but the looses audio. It still passes midi to though.

under 3.3 it will not start up at all, gets to 1 bar in virus control.

I have tried a shorter usb cable (which doesn't work with the studio design) and its ok and as it needs to be in the position it is I have tried everything I can to fix it but no luck...

I have tried all 5 USB ports on my mac pro, updated and rolled back with the normal installer method, EXIT when starting up virus, Virus Control Centre. It was originally on a 5 meter USB extension with a two meter USB cable (so was working with 7 meters in total) so I bought a 5 meter USB cable which hasn't helped and have tried through a powered USB hub (with just the Ti on it) but that was worse.

If I reset it in Logic with 3.1 on it I can get the audio back for a few minutes.

Sometimes it looses connection while updating firmware and sometimes Virus Control Centre cannot see it until I reseed the USB or reboot it.

This never happened before os 3.3 update, not one connection problem.

Any ideas, I'm busy at the moment and its in every song I'm working on so my only other option is a studio furniture rebuild (Build a bigger desk and sink a rack space into it on the other side of the room) which means a fairly serious studio remodel to accommodate and apart from the Ti the whole studio is working well...

Do I need a new Ti, has os 3.3 damaged this one??

Help appreciated :)

Sometimes Virus Control is not starting up in Logic (9.02). usually stalls with white bars about half way round..

Just happened again. Was creating a patch with just Noise which started to glitch out so I restarted Logic and Virus (Power off/on) but Virus Control would not boot. I reset Virus (Arp Edit) But no luck.

A reboot of OS and reset of Virus always fixes the problem.

OS X 10.5.8
    Logic 9.02
    Mac Pro 2.8x8 6gb ram

Thanks

spanda