Beiträge von willbanks

I womder if I can get mine replaced that I bought second hand?
    The Virus VST randomly just hangs saying 'starting up'.... but never starts - then it crashes Cubase.

It gets confused if you remove the plugin and then reload it. Even if I do this..

1) turn off Virus
    2) remove the plugin
    3) switch virus back on
    4) load plugin .........'starting up'.... forever derrrrrrrr

Whoever programmed this crap should be fired immediately.
    PLUS whoever mad ethe executive decision to use USB 1.0 .
    I mean seriously...???

That doesn't make sense because the whole idea of ROM is that you cannot write to it!!
    Why didn't they just call those extra banks RAM if that's what they are?

So you are saying you CAN write to those spare ROM banks when connected to the plugin, but not when disconnected?

EDIT**** I just checked and you CANNOT save to the empty ROM banks... not sure where you got that idea?... see image below (you can only save to the RAM banks):

[Blockierte Grafik: http://s30.postimg.org/554ooq8ld/Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_11_22_25_copy.jpg]

I don't understand why anyone would use MULTI-SINGLE mode, when they could use MULTI mode.

As far as I can see this is the difference:

MULTI MODE - you can save 16 different patches in each MULTI patch. You can save & load them at will and switch between them all no problem.

MULTI-SINGLE MODE (SEQ MODE) - Nothing you do is actually saved inside the virus, so when you disconnect the computer all your patches have dissapeared.

?? Can some one explain the logic of having this MULTI-SINGLE mode at all? I mean does it sound better or something, or what is the point of it?
    ?(?(?(

hi technobear

i tried this...

"Yes, press Store, then destination... scroll to Multi Edit Buffer. then press store
    this will copy the Seq buffer to Multi, so now switch to multi mode, and press store, and find a location you would like to store.
    - bare in mind, that only the first 16 multis are stored without reference to the single patches ... check the manual, for multi mode reference chapter for explanation."

And it didn't work.

I was using the Virus VC VST
    I loaded patches onto the hardware
    I then followed your instructions... and ...no patches on the virus

My problem is that I LOVE the librarian functionality of the Access VST
    But I then want to use the virus with good old fashinioned Midi cabes when recording
    prob is I cant save any of the patches i select when in USB SEQ mode

Is there a way to do this?

Yeah i tried to dowload the CTRLR Virus panel but could never find the link.
    Did you actually get it to work?

I have been talking to the mystery isands support for months and i still cant do a basic task...

1) LOAD patches fromcomputer
    2) change them
    3) SAVE them oncomputer

which is a complete no brainer using the Acces VC
    But for some reason the people at Mystery Islands decided to make it the most complex bizarre task imaginable.

OK, the title says it all.

If you are either

1) Angry
    2) Have gone partially insane
    3) Mad as hell
    4) On the point of smashing your Virus TI into a million pieces

Please reply with 'YES' to this thread

Let's see how many people can say they NEED a librarian tool for their virus THAT DOES NOT USE USB IN ANY WAY
    Before Access finally Allow us poor mortals to have one.
    (why can't they just re-release the soundiver - updated to work with the TI ?!)

X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(

I am a software developer
    If someone can point me to how the hell the virus dumping midi works
    and how to make a VST - I can probably make this myself.

Prob is i dont know what language to use and how the API works etc

Any help anyone?

I finally managed to partially understand how to use the VIRUS HC (mystery isalnds)
    It works to basically load single patches into the virus.

But saving them again is painfully bizarre and complicated
    And don't even mention Multi's to me.......

why the F**K can't Access just provide us with a god dam librarian????!!!!!!!!

AGAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Since my first post of May 9th, it is now November and I am STILL looking for solutions to get this damned thing to work properly.
    UNBELIEVABLE.
    I cannot believe that the people at ACCESS cannot simply respond to all the thousands of their customers that just want some kind of Sound-Diver / Library tool for the Virus TI.
    How many people have to ask before they will respond?
    It is a joke. The Virus Control VST has MAJOR PROBLEMS - it doesn't hold timing properly with complex ARPS, especially over a long time - which for me makes it USELESS.
    However when using it the old fashioned way with MIDI cables and using the SPDIF out - it works GREAT!
    PROBLEM - how the F**K am I meant to load and save my patches ? If I plug in the USB cable the SPDIF out gets disabled!
    So there is no way other than saving the patches into the internal memory - wowee - kinda reminds me of the Virus C - which costs maybe 3 times less!!!
    This TOTALLY SUCKS - and I feel ripped off.
    ACCESS should apologise for all the hassle they have caused thousands of people and release a goddam Librarian tool ASAP.

I am going out of my flipping mind.

Virus Control is useless.
    I have paid for Mystery Islands VST and that too is glitchy and is way over complicated for what I want.
    ALL I want is a flippiing goddam way to just:

OPEN my saved patches
    CHANGE them
    AND SAVE THEM AGAIN
    WOW!!!! That was sooooo complex wasn't it?

But So far after months of looking, I am still unable to do this.

AAaAaaaaaaaagagggghhhhhhhh.

OK this is very weird, but the power supply apparently died.

I found another one and now it starts.

I think maybe they should write on the Installer"

1) Power down the Virus.
    THEN,,,,
    2) Unplug all the cables

Thanks Access !

Now when are you going to release the Virus TI LIBRARIAN Software that everyone wants?

THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE.
    I just ran the 5.1.3.0v2 Mac OSX package update
    Then the installer said "Update completed with errors"

Then it advised me to:

detach all the cables

-- (note it doesnt say to turn the flipping machine off first) since it has no power off button i just pulled the power cable out

Now it will not start at all
    Even when i holds down the exit button

willbanks - in another post you write that cubase crashes for you. so what is actually crashing for you? the virus, cubase or both?

When i am editing automation cubase crashes.(This only happens when editing automation for the Virus)
    Also, if the Virus is on when I start open a cubase project, the project freezes.
    Also, randomly sometimes the Virus VST will just freeze as it is attepting to open. It hangs saying 'starting up...'

That's just 3 different ways it crashes. (also the arps don't work - they are all out of time. I have given up on every using the arps and now I use the BlueARP VST - which works perfectly.)

I am using OSX 10.9.5, latest iMac, VIRUS OS 5.1.1, Cubase 7.5

I have already emailed my Cubase crash report to support. It is the Virus MIDI server seems to have issues...

Process: MIDIServer [2119]
    Path: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Versions/A/MIDIServer
    Identifier: MIDIServer
    Version: 89.3
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [202]
    Responsible: MIDIServer [2119]
    User ID: 501

PlugIn Path: /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/Virus TI MIDI Driver.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Virus TI MIDI Driver
    PlugIn Identifier: de.access-music.virusti.driver.midi
    PlugIn Version: 1.7.0.0 (1.7.0.0)

Date/Time: 2015-05-19 20:25:13.768 +1000
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1077)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: 59164062-98EC-66FE-B22E-6FB76FC404CA

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    *** CFRelease() called with NULL ***

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x000000010de6f4c4 CFRelease + 724
    1 de.access-music.virusti.driver.midi 0x0000000114b8b45f 0x114b88000 + 13407
    2 de.access-music.virusti.driver.midi 0x0000000114b8bd8f 0x114b88000 + 15759
    3 de.access-music.virusti.driver.midi 0x0000000114b90a30 0x114b88000 + 35376
    4 de.access-music.virusti.driver.midi 0x0000000114b8d92b 0x114b88000 + 22827
    5 com.apple.framework.IOKit 0x000000010e1d8a1d IODispatchCalloutFromCFMessage + 160
    6 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x000000010ded59c4 __CFMachPortPerform + 388
    7 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x000000010ded5829 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE1_PERFORM_FUNCTION__ + 41
    8 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x000000010ded579e __CFRunLoopDoSource1 + 478
    9 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x000000010dec67d6 __CFRunLoopRun + 1830
    10 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x000000010dec5e75 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 309
    11 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x000000010df7b811 CFRunLoopRun + 97
    12 com.apple.audio.midi.CoreMIDI 0x000000010d62c02b MIDIServerRun + 794
    13 MIDIServer 0x000000010d614ed4 0x10d614000 + 3796
    14 libdyld.dylib 0x000000010e6a05fd start + 1