Beiträge von willbanks

If i make a simple 1 bar loop, with a single long note spanning the whole bar.
    Then i put a simple 4/4 arpeggiator on it (so it makes one note for every beat) - it keeps slipping out of time, back in, then out.

I mean seriously? is it this hard to keep a flipping arp in time? What is WRONG with access?
    I am so sick of this BS. I have been installing drivers, uninstalling, for 4 months and still have these basic issues.

I have changed latency on my sound card up and down, the problem is the VIRUS arps - they DO NOT WORK

I HAVE tested this by using the VIRUS TI - just using midi cables and the SPDIF OUT also.
    I have a perfectly functioning MOTU 828x soundcard/midi
    Even when setting the Virus to MIDI CLOCK INTERNAL SYNC - the arps STILL GO OUT OF TIME !!!!

@technobear

Thanks, yes:

Application Specific Information:
    *** CFRelease() called with NULL ***

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00000001052fa4c4 CFRelease + 724
    1 de.access-music.virusti.driver.midi 0x000000010c02b45f 0x10c028000 + 13407

I have an idea.
    How about every Virus TI owner with one of these multiple problems of either:

1) Timing problems
    2) Crashing problems
    3) Connectiivity issues

Get together and sue Access for a total refund to all customers under 'trade descriptions' laws.
    You know, if I bought say, a washing machine, and every 5 or 6 times I used it, it stopped working, I'm pretty sure I could sue the company - if hundreds of other people has the exact same problem, don't you think?

OR - Access FIX THIS MESS

- FIX your crappy arpegiators. Did anyone else notice - they don't even stay in time, when using the Virus 'standalone'!!
    In particular Arp 35. Do you hear those triplet notes, that never quite hit the right timing?! What is going on with that?
    THE VC VST crahses Cubase for me daily.

All they need to do is have a button that says 'Bypass Audio' on their VST - which turns it into a purely midi controller/librarian. Or fix the whole TI thing would be nice too.

Such a pain. Virus V5 with Cubase 8 = crap. Too bad because the hardware is great and the sounds are amazing.... Back to old school midi control, pity for so much money.

Unfortunately there must be something wrong with the company :(

Yeah - you'd think with all the money they are charging for these synths they could hire someone to get the flipping thing to work properly.

I get Midi server crash from doing automation with Virus TI:

Process: MIDIServer [67931]
    Path: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/Versions/A/MIDIServer
    Identifier: MIDIServer
    Version: 89.3
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [186]
    Responsible: MIDIServer [67931]
    User ID: 501

PlugIn Path: /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/Virus TI MIDI Driver.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Virus TI MIDI Driver
    PlugIn Identifier: de.access-music.virusti.driver.midi
    PlugIn Version: 1.7.0.0 (1.7.0.0)

Date/Time: 2015-05-19 01:15:02.316 +1000
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1077)
    Report Version: 11

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Mine, works fine for me...
    TI1 Keyboard 5.1.0 , MTT Hub, Mac OSX 10.9.5, Live/Logic.
    I tend to only use USB and analog outs, out of choice... rather than VC (which works ok too, but just I prefer to be hands on hardware)

Hmmm.. I'm on Mac 10.9.5 too and mine crashes Cubase whenever i do complex automation. Also if is on when i load a project it freezes. I have to turn it off and then load cubase, then switch it on. Overall it feels like a flaky fragile thing that I constantly need to be careful with. Really annoying.

me too.
    Why the hell don't access just make a flipping Library Patch selector VST. That's ALL I want.
    I can record it fine using the SPDIF out. I dont need 'total integration' that doesn't work.
    I just want a convienient way to load and save patches, and read/write automation.

OK, for what it's worth..... I actually managed to get it working again!
    Seems like i'm stuck with version 5.1.1 though. Here's what I did:

I backed up My Patches.mid.
    I did an uninstall - removing all user data too.
    I then re-installed the beta 5.1.1
    (It still didn't work)
    So I then looked at my patches - and I deleted the Virus TI SNOW folder and the Virus TI2 Factory backup.
    I also replaced the new My Patches.mid with my old one.
    HEY PRESTO ! IT WORKS!
    [no idea how long before it next freaks out though...]

If there is anyone that actually has a stable setup (For more than 6 months) Please post your hardware/software configuration below.

(I have a Virus TI, brand new iMac with OSX 10.9.5, Cubase 7.5. Virus was working basically OK, apart from an annoying latency that gets worse the more tracks I have in my projects, then after I installed 5.1.1 beta, it all went horribly wrong - after multiple uninstalls, re-installs of 5.0.8 - my iMac no longer recognises the Virus. It is totally mystifying, as I have the exact same (cloned drive) on a macbook pro - and on there it IS recognised!??? Driving me NUUUUUTS )
    :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

WTF?!!

I have been using my Virus Ti perfectly fine for months.
    I installed the latest beta software 5.1.1 - and it worked fine for a few days.
    Then all of a sudden it wouldn't open the TI VST.

So I decided to re-install the old 5.0.8 stable release, now it just says 'NO VIRUS TI CAN BE FOUND'

I have tried EVERYTHING

I have used the Access uninstall tool
    I have repaired permissions
    I have then re-installed the software 5.0.8
    I have done all the retsarting the Virus holding down button crap

AND STILL THIS MESSAGE ????!!!!

I have just done an SMC reset on my imac.

The weirdest thing is that in the System Information on the iMac - IT IS THERE!
    So why can't the Access Software SEE IT?

This might be a really silly question, but i have looked all through the Cubase Manual and online and I cannot find any mention of what a little 'X' next to a VST means?
    Why don't they say this in the manual?! Maybe you guys as Access can tell me?

On Cubase 7.5 on OSX, when I go to select the Virus TI VST, there are 2 there - one has an 'x' next to it and another one doesn't. What does that mean? And why are there 2?

I will try to attach a screengrab so you can see what I am talking about. Thanks in advance!

[Blockierte Grafik: http://oi62.tinypic.com/jr7ifq.jpg]