Beiträge von willbanks

Well my Virus TI works fine using the Kanex adapter thunderbolt to USB adapter - no error message any more. But to be honest, I've been told by Access that i can just ignore that message anyway, so i'mm gonna try using it without teh adapter to see if it runs better. coz i noticed it seems to crash cubase more now. Not sure if that's related but maybe.
    i'm gonna use my thunderbolt port for my Motu 828x instead and use the USb for Virus TI and just ignore the dumb message that comes up every time.

I'd also like to mention - changing the buffer setting on my soundacard seemed to fix the timing issues (nearly). Still has a horrible latency when playing keys. And the arp goes out of time over long notes, which is ridiculous. I seriously cannot understand how an old technology like MIDI can not work just as well over USB? Hello Access??

When i'm using my Virus TI via USB I cannot hear anything at all from the headphone out. Is that normal? Seems a bit odd to me.

EDIT - IF YOU PRESS THE 'D' (direct monitoring button) The headphones work! Hurray! - Maybe they should mention that in the manual!

<p>I connected my Virus Ti using the Kanex thunderbolt to usb adapter and no more silly messages in Cubase about shred hubs. Not sure if it has improved performance but it seems to work ok now. I had major timing problems before, but i changed the audio buffer to 64 or 32 and they seemed to go.</p>

I have the same ridiculous issue. When I plug in the Virus into my new imac with only the virus in one port and only my cubase dongle in another port i get this message:

"A device called "BRCM2070 Hub" sharing the same USB root hub with the
    Virus TI has been detected. This is a potential problem and might cause
    sync errors and audible artefacts when using Total Integration. Try to
    solve the problem by using another USB port instead."

Driving me nuts. So I have ordered this Kanex adapter and I will report back if it works for me.

I have VIRUS TI and imac 3.5ghz i7 16 GB ram, OSX 10.9.5
    All latest drivers