Beiträge von Kosh

Hi, Borchi:
    Am Besten Du stellst Deine Anfrage auf angelsächsisch.

Dann ist die Welt glücklich und zufrieden, und du erhältst auch mehr Antworten :)

hey,

check your ASIO Input/Output-Settings on your Music-PC-System first!

there you"ll be able to set-up your audio-config, if you successfully installed the virus-drivers before.

maybe that helps.

greets!

hey mhrmusic:

i had the same issue.

on a laptop there where no problems.

on a "Desktop-PC" you may NOT USE the provided USB-Ports because they are merged, and be handled as "Hub" !!!!

I"ve solved that by installing the supplied USB-Port-Bracket, wich cames with my PC-Motherboard.

After i"ve installed that additional USB-Port-Bracket on the PC-Motherboard, and attached the virus ti mk2 to it, everthing worked fine with the Virus.

After that i didnt needed anymore to play the Virus Ti Mk2 by an additional attached Masterkeyboard.

Maybe that helps :)

hey,
    i"ve had a similar problem:

on laptop everything worked cool, but on PC no connection.

i"ve solved that by installing an additional USB-Bracket on the pc-motherboard.
    ---> then everthing worked fine.

:)

hi :)

actually everthing works fine now!

the point was, that i"ve had to install the additional USB-Bracket, of my mainboard-extras-box, to make that thing work.

for everybody else with initial issues to hook-up the virus ti mk2:
    ---> please be sure to not use the standard-usb-ports! use the delivererd additional usb-bracket of your motherboard-supplies, or buy an additional usb-card for your computer, to ensure the virus ti can make use of the full bandwith of usb, to work well.

cheers :)

German / Auf deutsch:
    Hallo, falls Euer Virus nicht gleich starten sollte sorgt bitte unbedingt dafür, dass ihr einen extra USB-Anschluss installiert, denn die eingebauten USB-Anschlüsse sind meist gekoppelt, und führen dadurch zu Problemen.

Gruß :)

kosh - it works fine. why don't you have a look at the manual and read up how things work or get in touch with support by email.
    cheers, marc

hi marc :)

i did read the manual :) ten times, and i"ve set-up everything like it described in the manual :)

(i know that the problem is sitting mostly in front of the monitor ;) )

i am wondering about "hundreds" of other users with the same problem.
    the solution for them was everytime, to use an additional keyboard, to plug that into the "midi-in" of the virus-ti2 / or route it to it.

:whistling:

:D

hi warren :)

to 2.: i use cubase 7 on PC (Win7-64-Bit)

to 1: jup, in USB-Mode the claviature of the virus-ti2-keyboard is offline.
    no way to use it to play in the choosen patches into the sequencer.

(you may turn on "local on", on virus-ti2, to play the patch, but no midi-events will be sent by this way)

the only way to enjoy the USB-Mode is to attach an other keyboards midi-out to the midi-in of the virus-ti2,
    during USB-Mode.

still, that works very well, but you have to set up another keyboard in your studio-environment.
    i dont want that.

In "Single-Mode", without USB everything works fine, just like every other synthesizer.
    i could use this mode of course, but then i have to deny the cool functions of patch-browsing, and patch editing via software...
    i dont want that too ;) :D

to 3.:
    no, i dont use the virus as soundcard, because i had another soundcard in my daw before.
    all my virus-ti-parts are routed to the MainOut: "out1 L+R". there is no use for me to use the "USB1 L+R".

to 4.:

Noooo!!! ;) thats my problem.

in USB-Mode the claviature of the virus is disabled.

i have read the last three days busy through the forum to get information about that issue,
    and there are a lot of other users with that same problem.

the answer, in my opinion, is:
    ---> during USB-Mode virus ti2 is not able to send midi-data out to the sequencer to save bandwidth.

if i am wrong---> enlighten me :thumbup:

to 5.:

ok, no problem :)

a: load cubase 7: virus jumps to "sequencer-mode"
    b: in cubase7: load an empty cubase project
    c: load virus-plug-in as "music-instrument"
    d: choose a patch with the mouse in the patchbrowser.
    --> virus shows accurate all the patches i"m clicking on, in the patch-browser.

so far, everything is good.

e: start trying to play the choosen patch via the virus-ti2-keyboard:
    ---> nothing happens. no midi-events are sent, and no sound hearable.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>keyboard is completely diabled<<<<<<<<<<<<<

what do you think?

meanwhile i"ve attached another keyboard to the midi-in of the virus-ti2,
    and can play the patches, but thats no solution for me,

so far :)

hi,

in good tradition, i want to introduce my self now :thumbup:

my english is very bad, because i have never learned it during schooltime, but i hope it is good enough to take conversation
    with you on this board ;)

i am new owner of a virus ti2, and i hope you"ll help me at my nooby-questions.

hi,

i am new virus-owner since august the 04.2014.

i am not really satisfied with the mention of "total integration" with the virus-ti2.

why?

ok - indeed in the TI-Mode (USB-Mode) i have total contol of Sound-Parameters and access to the overwhelming soundlibrary,
    thats really nice...of course

...BUT:

no way to play those sounds directly into the sequencer,
    because the internal keyboard is out of function while USB-Mode!

please fix that soon :)
    1. enable physical midi @ USB, or
    2. make it possible playing direct-midi-out to sequencer of choosen patches via USB.

hi everbody :)
    i own over three days now a virus ti2, and i have a "simple" midi-question:

how do i use the virus-ti2 as masterkeyboard to play in those tons of patches into the sequencer?

audio and VirusTI-Plug-In works well, but it seems that the keyboard is not in function while using the virus-plugin (USB-Mode).
    If i play the keyboard, no midi-messages are present.
    and thats my problem :D if that would works i would be ready to start making music ;)

which settings i have to make?

i use cubase7.07
    - virus in USB-Mode
    - inserted as VST-Instrument.

in the virus-ti2:
    - global channel 01
    - midi dev. id: omni

-->without usb-connection everthing works fine.
    midi in/out is like a common hardware-synthesizer.

greets :)

PS: with a masterkeyboard plugged in to midi-in of the virus i can play all parts.
    anyway - no solution for me! thats no total integration for me. ?(