Beiträge von dogen

Serum is really great! I'm not seeing it as a competitor for the virus in the same way I dont see any vsts or hardware synths as competitors. The virus is the virus, simple as that. Serum does sound similar to the virus for that particular sound. I dont think you can make anything out of a comparison like that. I think you can do awesome supersaws with a lot of hardware and software synths. The good thing about the serum (as with the virus) is what you get for your money. The complete "package" of the serum synth is really good. The layout is awesome. The virus feels intuitive, but serum is even more so. The matrix page is really, really good. The effects sounds great etc. You get an good overall view of everything. Thumbs up for serum! They both have limitations. In my case its not about the other sounds better than the other. Its about how it feels working with them. Just my opinion.

I'm a piano tuner from Sweden and have been away from the electronical music for about ten years just listening to classical piano. I got a virus ti2 a few months back and I just finished a remix. I was surprised that I ended up using only the virus (except for some fx and the drum part). Love this thingy! I'd love some feedback. Have a listen at

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I had all kinds of problems the first days (reminds very much of the problems you all described above). I'm using win7 64bit. I dont have USB2. I couldnt find a local shop with a USB2-PCIE-board so I tried the USB3-board they had. Didnt work. BSOD directly after powering up the virus. What worked best was using a HUB to the USB3-card and only using the Virus+keyboard+mouse on the computers USB-hubs. Works pretty much flawless. The only time I run into problems is when there have been a power surge and I have to uninstall the software and reinstall it. Then the installation process does something the computer doesnt like. When it sets the virus to Update mode, I get a BSOD. Trying a few times takes me through the whole process and then it works like a charm again. (tried it with ableton 32bit and 64bit on this computer with the same result).

We had a power surge and the Virus went crazy. I thought it had taken damage when the power went away a few times. Even though it just felt like some stupid solution you would get through phone-support at some tech-company, I reinstalled the software and it worked!

Ah, I saw another thread where you told us you have already reinstalled the software.

Great! Me too! It only took me a couple of weeks though. Works perfectly until today when we had a power surge. Luckely enough I tried the right thing almost directly. I reinstalled the windows-installer and was back in business in no time. At first I thought it was broken. Really love it (using win7 64bit and ableton 9)

All problems in the beginning was that I shared the USB-hub with something else. Now its on its own hub. I dont even have the keyboard or mouse on it. For some reason it didnt work with the usb3-card i got for the virus. It gave me a BSOD when I powered it up.

Nice! I kind of like the other mix better though. This feels like its missing a little top and especially bottom end. Perhaps a little (more?) compression and some interesting panning too.