Beiträge von Rab-Beat

Hi Oli

There is actually no option in Melodics app to change the MIDI channel. It looks like this:

The audio interface is correct and the Virus is recognized by the App, but when I play, there is no sound and I cannot map my keyboard. When it used to work, I could see the 61 keys of the Virus Keyboard. But everything works fine in Studio One.

It's really easy to configure an audio device and a controller actually. That's the reason I think the problem is linked to the fact that I changed some parameters in the "CONFIG", but I don't know exactly which one.

I've tried to find some info on the internet, but it seems that there is only an option for resetting the whole Virus and not only the configuration.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Jean

Good evening everybody,

I have been using my Virus Keyboard via USB as a midi controller and I have a Motu UltraLite 3 as an audio interface.

I have been using the Virus as a controller it with the Melodics app on Mac without any problems.

I don't know which parameter I changed in the configuration, but now I cannot use Melodics as a midi controller.

When I try to use the Virus as a midi controller in Cubase and Studio One, it works perfectly.

Have anybody any idea which parameter in the configuration I changed so it's not working with Melodics app anymore?

I could reset the configuration, but I will lose all my sounds, so I prefer to ask here first.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

jean

Hi Ruari!

How can I thank you!

I've tried everything before your reply but couldn't get any sound from the Blofeld!

Thanks, I did exactly as you said in the second option and now I can listen to and record my Blofeld!

Anyway, I didn't now an Audio track was needed in Logic... but I was aware that there was an "output" problem... I had look in the Help manual but couldn't find an answer

thank you so much, I'm so happy thanks to you!

good luck with producing!

greetings

Jean

Hello everybody...

I bought a Blofeld a few weeks ago, but cannot manage to use it in Logic. I use an Access Virus TI as a Midi controller (that's the reason I post this request here, because it might be related to some Virus settings...)

This is my configuration:

1. I linked Midi IN from the Blofeld to Midi Out from my Virus TI, which means that I use the keyboard from the Virus to control the Blofeld.

2. I linked Stereo Out from the Blofeld to my soundcard (Motu Ultralite mk3 --> IN 5-6)

3. Both the Virus and the Blofeld are connected to my Mac Pro via USB and the Motu is linked via Firewire

So, when I create a "midi externe" (I'm using the French version of Logic) track, I don't know wich "Port" to use. I have this choice:

- Tout (all)
    - Virus TI MIDI
    - Virus TI Synth
    - Waldorf Blofeld out
    - Ultralite mk3 hybrid Midi port

Then I'm lost... I really don't know what to do... I've tried all possibilities, but I cannot get any sound from the Blofeld... when I touch a key on the Virus, I can see it receives midi data because the light on the channel appears and also the one on the Blofeld... but I cannot get any sound of it and not record it.

I think this get complicated because I use the Virus as a controller, isn't it?

As I'm not an expert with linking stuff... I'm asking for help, because it's becoming very frustrating. Furthermore, I don't find the "Logic Pro manual" very helpful in my stituation...

I had a look and found this explanation (https://discussions.apple.com/message/9070486#9070486), but it's like reading chinese for me... can someobody detail me how to do this? if possible in French?

Thank you for your help,

regards,

Jean

Hi guys!

I'm not a real expert about settings... when everything is working well I'm all right, but I'm lost as soon as something doesn't work. I don't have any musical or technical background...

I have a Mac Pro and I'm using my virus as my main audio interface. I'm working with Logic 9.

As I'm attending private piano lessons and wanted to do some work with my piano teacher, I exported all midi files of my project and put them in cubase 5 on my old pc laptop. We did some great work with my teacher. After the lesson I exported again the midi files into Logic.

In my project, when several pistes of the virus are playing together, I can only hear 2 pistes well, the others aren't played or are badly played, which means I have to mute some piste in order to hear the piste well. Then I can only work two pistes at the same time... but I need to work 5 of them.

I have to say that all pistes are heard when playing together on my laptop and on cubase 5...

I assume the problem is linked to Logic 9 and that I need to change some settings... but I'm lost with all those settings, I don't understand most of them.

I try to play the "demo song" which comes with the Virus plugin and it works well, I can hear all pistes playing together with no disruption. I thought it might be because of the number of pistes in my project (about 56). So I exported again all midi files linked to Virus pistes to a new project, and I used the same presets... again not all tracks are played together and I have to mute some of them if I want to hear them.

I'm sorry, English is not my mother-tongue and it's quite difficult to explain this clearly... I hope you understand what I mean. This is quite frustrating not to be able to listen to all pistes at the same time... I invested a lot of money on my new Mac Pro, now it's not working with my new gears and on my old PC laptop everything is working...

thanks in advance for your help

regards,

Jean from Switzerland

ps: if somebody speaks French, I can be more accurate with my explanation...