Beiträge von electroandy

Hi Aj,

Computer is a 2.6g mid 2012 mb retina (10,1). Agree that £80 is a lot to shell out, the only downside as far as I'm concerned, esp. as the Virus isn't cheap to begin with.

I'll be honest and say that the virus in Ableton still isn't absolutely perfect, (sometimes timing strays a little and it's well sensitive if you have put either machine to sleep or loaded the plugin in another host). Nowhere near the initial problems that I had though.

I generally use the audio outputs and the plugin with the 'Live' button lit for sound design, switch to the USB outs for rendering, and good old midi input without plugin at all for totally live stuff as that seems to be the most reliable timing wise.

Hope it helps and good luck!

An update to let people know that things are still rock solid using the ethernet version of the Kanex adapter (KT20). Not a single issue so far, although I agree with the point about these not being particularly cheap. I'm using the Ethernet port at the same time as the plugin. This hasn't made any difference to performance.

For me, it's a worthwhile investment to get the total integration software working reliably. In the end I still go back to MIDI when mixing and recording since mapping this way is more suited to my workflow. For sound design and patch management the plugin is well powerful.

Sorry to hear that some people are still seeing issues… Very frustrating to be troubleshooting rather than making good noises!

Just bought myself the Kanex TB to USB adapter. It's working perfectly so far - no conflicts, sync issues or bad noises which I was getting before, even with no other kit plugged into USB. I have an RME interface running on the built in USB which can now be used simultaneously. Will update over the next few days if I experience any issues.

I am also interested in this as a solution. Has anyone tried it or can recommend a Thunderbolt to USB adapter. Tearing my hair out with the software side of the Virus TI2. The hardware is great, software has so far been very unreliable Although there's lots of stuff on the built in USB bus on my MBP it's USB 3.0 which in my simple understanding should mean that it has plenty of data bandwidth to cope with Virus TI plus other audio and controller devices. So far the only reliable way I have found to use this synth is midi, (fine but a bit annoying to be missing out on one of the main selling points of the synth).

So is Thunderbolt to USB the answer? Or just stick with midi...