Beiträge von staticdeathnoise

Just going through the manual and I am up to the section which deals with program changes. The weird thing is in my Virus the 3rd page of the MIDI section of the Edit Config menu does not show. In fact I only have two pages where as in the manual there is a screenshot which clearly shows there is 3/3 page with the Program change enable/disable and multi program change enabled/disabled option. What am I missing?

Edit: I just realised that it was like that because the Virus VST software was active.

I also just tried that automating some parameters using that chart, I tried some basic stuff like filter cutoff frequency etc and it worked... the only thing I dont quite understand is what are pages B,C and D for?

Hi forum

Another possibly noob question from a new Virus owner... I am just going through the manual and I am reptty new to hardware synths and just wasn't sure what some of the sources in the Mod Matrix actually were, if anyone could explain that would be appreciated...

Here they are:

Breath, Chan Pressure (is this aftertouch?), controller 3, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16, Data Entry, Balance, Velocity on and off, Anakey 1, 2 coarse and fine, 1% and 10% constant...

sorry again if these are really obvious...

thanks for the info and the link... not sure if I ever used sysex for parameter control before with any of my other equipment, I have only ever used it for transferring OS updates etc and only ever used program changes and CC to control parameters/change patches etc on multi FX processors and things like that. Anyway will read that link thank you.

Hi Forums

I have recently bought a second hand Virus TI2 Polar and there has been many times in the week or so that I have had it that I have started it and there was no sound (all the lights come on and everything) the problem resolves itself when I turn it off and back on again but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if it could be fixed. I am worried it might get worse... I am pretty new to hardware synths hence why I am asking. Cheers

Has anyone here used their VIRUS integration software with their Virus TI connected to the computer through a USB ground isolator? Does it work or is there issues caused by the reduced transfer speed? If anyone has had any success with this I would like to know what isolator they are using.

Alternatively is there anyway to trick the software to make it work with the Virus via a MIDI interface allowing you to ditch the noisy USB connection?