Beiträge von EmotionBlur

Hi fellow musicians, I am creating an external Midi controller (using Midi Designer iPad app) in order to edit all those Virus TI2 parameters that are otherwise accessible via menu only (or the Virus software plugin).
    All is good so far except for one single parameter: the Arpeggiator User pattern length.
    I managed to extrapolate all the AfterTouch/CC/SysEx values for each parameter I want to edit (and they are... many), including all arpeggiator's except the one I mentioned.
    I have downloaded several SysEx reference tables, none of them was covering all though - likely because they were related to old versions like Virus C,
    For all the missing parameters, I used the MidiForge app - a sort of universal editor for external instruments which also provides a panel for Virus TI. Opened its internal midi monitor, and copy-pasted all the sysex's that it was transmitting, back into my iPad editor. Guess what: all the changes I do to any parameter work fine from that app, except the Arpeggiator User Pattern Length, which for some reason was sending a CC#1 (modulation) value for it, and of course it didn't cause any change.
    The only way to set the user pattern length is by using the Virus Plugin directly (you can't from the Virus itself) but I can't monitor what it's sending to the Virus through the usb connection. Using Logic Pro X 10.2, I even tried to record on a track the changes I was doing but not all of them are recorded (and the user pattern length is not even monitored).
    Any idea? And is there any updated SysEx table document around?
    Thank you all!
    Luciano

Hello fellow musicians,
    I got a question about how to control unison mode/detune/phase/spread parameters using an external controller.
    My current configuration is Virus TI2 Desktop connected with midi only (usb unplugged) to my audio interface, and an iPad +Midi Designer app which I use to edit all the Virus parameters that would be otherwise accessible with some menu digging. Almost everything goes fine, except the four unison parameters (associated with Midi CC 97-98-99-100, from the Virus C manual's midi cc implementation chart; I asked Access support directly and they tell me it's the same as VTI).
    I see on the Virus display that the midi cc messages are actually received (there's a sort of "monitor" small icon appearing), but no change in unison department.
    Does anyone know what's wrong, or if the unison parameters have another cc#?
    Thanks!
    Luciano