Beiträge von jujuPitt

Hello,

I recently bought the Virus Ti2 polar from a US store. I am planning to travel to UK and France this summer and I'd like to bring the ti2 with me along the road and use it of course.
    My question is: can I use a US virus ti2 polar (working on 110V) in UK/Europe (they use 220V over there)? IS the ti2 equipped with an internal converter 220V -> 110V and is it safe to plug it directly to UK/European outlets? (using outlet adapters)?

Many thanks for your help on that!!!

Juju

Hello,

I recently bought the Virus Ti2 polar from a US store. I am planning to travel to UK and France this summer and I'd like to bring the ti2 with me along the road and use it of course.
    My question is: can I use a US virus ti2 polar (working on 110V) in UK/Europe (they use 220V over there)? IS the ti2 equipped with an internal converter 220V -> 110V and is it safe to plug it directly to UK/European outlets? (using outlet adapters)?

Many thanks for your help on that!!!

Juju

Hello everybody,

So…here is my problem:
    I have a brand new Ti2 Polar (one month old). I am using it as a stand alone with a MOTU MIDI interface, a USB2 Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) and I am using Cubase AI5 on my PC laptop. I also use a Yamaha MOTIF XF6 at the same time with Cubase AI5 (on a different MIDI channel than Virus).

I started creating a song using both Virus and MOTIF. My problem with the VIRUS is that after adding several tracks using different patches, I started to hear noises, clips, corrupted sound or no sound at all for certain patches that I wanted to add to my song…Also sometimes, the patch of the track would play with different pitches than the ones on my MIDI track. That would come back to the correct pitch after a reboot. I am thinking this could be a problem with DSP load? Or do I have a machine with a defect? If it is a DSP issue, I am pretty surprised and disappointed because it doesn’t seem to me that I am using a lot of patches altogether. I am actually using only 8 patches where I have this problem.

My question is: does anyone know how many patches can be played at the same time with the Virus Ti2 polar before sound issues like the ones I’ve listed above start to occur?
    I know it depends on each patch because some use more or less DSP. I know that the battery sign that displays on the right of the patch’s name on the LSD screen indicates the DSP load for each patch. So, to make things easier, here is the list of all the VIRUS patches for each part that I use in sequencer mode at the specific particular part in my song where I have the problem and the equivalent in battery bricks (5 bricks is full battery sign):

Part 1: eVolvyngM (ROM-S 54) x2 battery bricks
    Part 2: Ambiano @ (ROM-S 1) x2
    Part 4: HongKong cc (ROM-P 53) x2
    Part 6: Ambi@ns (ROM-S 0) x5 (full battery sign)
    Part 8: Noomed2MS (ROM-B 79) x4
    Part 10: Guitar JL (ROM-Q44) x2
    Part 11: Blade Run@ x3
    Part15: ArpBass2JL x2
    Total: x22 bricks

Now, the problem is mainly with the patch of Part 11 Blade Run@. When it plays along the other patches, it sounds noisy or not sound is cut or not full,etc…But when I mute all the other patches/tracks on my sequencer, then the ptch sounds normal again. That’s why I think it’s a DSP issue. But then, I have this issue whereas I use only 8 patches (totaling 22 battery breaks). It seems like not a lot. I am already using 15 sounds on the MOTIF without any problem.
    So, do you think my machine has a defect or is it “normal” (I am using Virus at maximal capacity?)

Thanks a lot for your comments and help!

Hi Pavilon,

I had exactly the same problem. My Virus Ti2 Polar could not be recognized by the comp when I plugged in USB.
    It was recognized the first time I plugged it in for the software installation but never after this time.

As you found out, it was because of the USB cable provided by Access! I just bought my Polar 1 month ago and this cable only worked once!!! I used the USB cable from my Audio Interface instead and it worked just fine....

Hi there,

I have just acquired a new Access Virus Ti2 Polar synth. I am reading the quickstart manual and at "Tutorail Patches" on page 21, I am asked to select ROM B-120 "tutorial 1" patch. Well, I have tried to look there and elsewhere, I can not find any tutorial patches on my mahcine... ?(
    Anybody would know where to look?
    Thanks for the help,

Juju