Beiträge von dettenbach

hmm,
    from a technical view i can't see any reason why AAX64 (as the only format of the "quasi standard" DAW plugin formats) should "not provides all functionality Virus Control needs to work". Beside the fact that AAX64 allows plugins to run in non-realtime (if they allow that) there is no (technical) major difference to other plugin infrastructures like VST, AU etc..If Virus Control Center could be ruined with AAX adapters which functionality should be left here? The only limitations are the limitations of the adaptors which are not limits by AAX specification - just lack of implementation att by the adaptor levels.I'm not up2date with the current SDKs from AVID nor their licensing politics, but i've heard that AVID has further restricted their policies for SDK users/partners.

May be there is the point here behind?The fact that Pro Tools 12 is coming in the next days while AAX is the new Pro Tool standard since PT11 and Pro Tools is "(at least) one of" the very major standards in professional audio industry should be enough motivation for a company which want to be the technical leader in plugout / plugin synth integration today (where nearly for any synth with a MIDI interface is an DAW integration plugin available...) to work on a AAX port/build of their flagship product, as nearly any audio plugin software company on stage today offered an AAX version out there adopted AAX for their products since the release of PT11. Even many small companies and one man shows was able to push out a AAX port of their plugin software. Pro Tools is (and with 12 will be more) used for music creation, production and sound design more and more today.

After fiddling with BlueCat's Patchwork i've found out from BlueCat support, that the adaptor plugin still cannot share the aux output ports to Pro Tools, which is important for professional users who need each instrument on a track in Pro Tools (i.e. for adding effects and further stereo image processing).

I've seen that there was a Pro Tools plugin version available for the old 32 bit Pro Tools (<=10) in the obsolete native plugin format (RTAS) - so are there any plans to publish an native AAX64 in the next? This would make many Pro Tools users very happy, remarking the fact that Pro Tools 12 is currently coming out. Or are there any barriers to get AAX licensed from AVID (regarding their new partner contract scheme)? I've heard it costs some bucks for partners who want to publish in the new AAX format / want to get the AAX SDK?

many thanks for your time,

cheerioh,

Niels.
    Niels.

Hi guys,

it seem sthat the access virus plugin / TI software (at least on Mac) has a GUI for very low resolution screens which are afaik untypical today. It is very fiddely to handle the plugin with a mouse or touchpad (hitting smaller buttons, read menu entries etc.)

It would be really nice to get something like a resizable plugin screen (i.e. like soundtowers or fabfilter2) or a design which is more ergonomic on higher resolution screens (i.e. Mac)

And btw: Is there any way to resize the values and labels (or at least when changing) on the LCD screen? They are difficult to read in some scenarios...

Sorry for my "complains" - im very happy with the TI2 Desk otherwise, but these features would make it just more "handy" (at least to me/us).

thanx for your time so far,

Niels.

It works with Mac.

BlueCat offers AU (AudioUnit) plugin format (Apples / Mac "native" plugin format) too which BlueCat recommends to prefer over VSTs on Mac if available (access virus comes with AU and VST plugin variant under Mac) - i assume AUs are less complex to integrate, because no third party middleware / VST SDK / libs are in between then.

Seems to work good, but it would be a significant step in ergonomics and flexibility to get native AAX support.

DJTrack77:

BlueCatAudio's Patchwork and it works brilliant with the TI Vst-Plugin!!!
    Just a little tip....

BlueCat recommends to prefer the AU version of a plugin over a VST version if on Mac and a AU (AudioUnit) variant is available for a plugin (which is the case for the access plugin) - i assume then there is no VST SDK / middleware in the path or other kind of less complexity. But will try both to compare myself...

Hi Guys,

+1 for this request.

i've bought a TI2 now as a 64bit Pro Tools user, because it is a very nice instrument. It is nice that BlueCat have such a helpful AU/VST adaptor, but for such kind of high class product it should be standard to have a native AAX64 plugin to get worked natively on the "market standards" platform, to get out the best of it in a creatively ergonomic workflow.

It seems that access worked with Digidesign / AVID in the past very well (see i.e. access indigo and access of PT HD) - hope access will feed us with a AAX in the very next... ß)

many thanks for your time guys,

Niels.