Beiträge von Lightsound

Ok, I have exactly the same problem, but on Mac. System : Mac pro, Snow leopard 10.6.3. Drifting of around 1/10th of a tone, enough to be noticeable by ear, and quite uncomfortable. BUT if I use the analog outs of the Virus ( Virus snow here), no more pitch drifting, it's super stable. I even did a fresh install of OSX, only installing logic and the virus software, same problem. Happens on Logic studio and Ableton Live, on every sound card I have ( Orpheus, internal mac sound card, Virus as sound card), and at every buffer size.
    I tried on a Macbook pro, Leopard 10.5.8 : no problem at all, pitch is stable.
    I did all these tests using the Init patch, with the balance to the left ( only OSC1 then).

Dude, thanks for this post..

I tested it, and it does the same with PC - the Analog outs DO stay in tune.. (..even if the VST USB outs are drifting in tune at the same time!..)

Wheww... This is a remarkable find man.. This is something my overcooked brain could not have at this stage figured out anymore by themselves.. Awesome :)

This solves alot for me, so thanks...

edit: semantics

Developers?

You know this thread is starting to look really bad in your behalf, since there are many people all over the world now confirming this, and no answer from the developer as to what might be done, to a case of the most basic functioning of a synth (staying in tune) not being present at given times in the procuct.

Devs?

I know, because I've been told by the customer support, that you are given orders not to speak about this - but it would look better if you did.

Just as a sidenote, this is the biggest error, that will become obvious to everyone, when all the other problems are sorted out.

And no more quotes regarding phase-shifting please, since they are outright lies, and false (..as has been shown by numerous users in this topic..).

"Arrogant" is a very polite term to it.

Arrogant to say, that a beef is too roasted, incase it is overcooked and you have tastebuds?

There is no sense for someone with bad sight complaining over someone who does have a better sight. And that is of no arrogance, I am simply acknowliging the fact that I do hear tune better than some people, which is why I am also the guy who has to point this out.

As you both have been reading, there are dozens of others in this topic, who have a percfect ear for tune, who have problems when their synth cannot procude a straight A - for instance.

So either you are not willing to accept that you cannot hear this, or are trying to distract the topic for some other egoic reason.

However, this is the case, and Thomann, my reseller also confirmed it with their tests - so you do not have any grounds of truth for saying me being Arrogant.

I am simply a musician, a perfectionist, who wants the synth to work as flawlessly, as any other synth should be expected - to procuce a harmony, without variances - since it does that when connected to a mac.

As you keep on posting, you are taking the focus into your lacking and inability to hear this - but please go on..

I tried the following:

I put the Ti in "sequencer mode" and use the "virus ti synth" driver from cubase 5.1 (so midi over USB)
    I put some sounds on the different midi channels and perform a "Dump Arrangement" and record this in Cubase.
    Aftter playing back these recorded sys ex info, the sounds does not load correctly into the right channels

Hello,

thank you so much for confirming.

It's so nice to have this forum, so that we as users can help eachother out, yet it is quite strange that Access themselves are not willing to take action on these things.

A serious approach from behalf of the developer is now expected..

Any devs here, able to confirm?

Anyone able to confirm?

Make a:

1.Multi instrument with 5 patches.
    2.Set your MIDI channel to receive the third or fourth patch - so that you can play an instrument
    3.Save your multi in one of the Virus TI's 14 memory slots
    *..test your multi sound..*
    4.Bulk dump the multi instrument to your medium of choice / to your sequencer
    5.Send the bulk to Virus TI.
    *A/B - test the MULTI - that was loaded (via bulkdump), and compare it to that, which was saved into your machine.*

I have noticed there being random drop outs, and because the Virus TI does not stay in tune when it is connected to a PC on any setup, I have decided to use my Virus TI as stand alone.

I would like to be able to store my patches aswell - and this too is looking like it is a flaw - not in the users setup - but in the Access Virus TI , Sysex handling - that is, at software level.

Zitat von Roby31

There HAS to be something that you can solve to keep using your PC AND your Virus together like other people do, and it is probably more on your side instead of Access', if their windows' systems work and most of the other users' systems work.

Well, that is what one should think..

There is no solution to this.

ACCESS must fix the flaw they made, that - yes - indeed prevents any musician who have their aims to the best quality standards, from making stuff with a Virus TI.

That is - this synth is proven to have a basic flaw, that is and can be replicated on ALL setups. On all computers, and on every Virus TI there is..

This has been demonstrated by many posters in this topic to be a deep flaw within the Virus TI software.. That is, bothering everyone who has an ear for tune.

Edit: Also, what makes this even more ridiculous - is that Virus TI's Sysex is sent as corrupted, incase one wants to save anymore sounds than just a single PART,

:)

Anyone able to confirm?

I would be allmost happy to use my TI in stand alone mode but the Sysex is not sent / received correctly by the Virus TI..

I always thought it was my fault, some kind of acoustic phenomena in my room... you shouldn't even need any analyzers, you can clearly hear that there is something going on, however even the vey basic Cubase Tuner plugin shows that it doesn't hold the frequency, sometimes A3 is locked at 440 Hz, and then again it's sliding between 435 and 444 Hz which is when you can hear that it's slowly going up and down and left and right... i can also actively trigger this behaviour too by doing the ASIO reset.

It doesn't sound like analog emulation or phase shifting, but even if it was, why would that only happen sometimes, ie it's holding the tune fine for 10 minutes, and then all of a sudden analog emulation and/or phase shifting kicks in? Doesn't make much sense to me :huh:

Yeah, thank you for confirming this.

Hopefully Access now sees that I am really not alone with this, and other people would like to use their synths too..

..Doesn't make much sense to me either.

Ive returned my ti2 back to dealer with a sync/detune problem. It will be interesting to see what they say with this in mind. Access have told me a ti2 and laptop running windows 7 is a no go, but on a mac everything is fine. We cant all have a mac and they should let people know if its not compatable, before they commit to purchase one.its disgusting!!! :cursing:

Yeah,

I received a brand new Virus TI 2 a month ago from Thomann, since they had looked at this abit more thoroughly, and had noticed that I have been right all along - and that Access has been sending them vague explanations (leading Thomann also astray).

Now I am glad - after all this hassle atleast the reseller did the only one thing they should incase they sell something that does not provide what it is supposedly designed to do.

Access Virus TI 2 has the same software though - so it is yet up to Access to face the flaw & fix it..

Marc, any news?

I really do not like to be a pain in the ass, but your companys help desk has really got some serious problems.

I just received an email from one of your staff, that is still trying to convince this is phase shifting, which is not a bug.

Could you tell these people, that incase it does not happen when the synth is connected to a MAC - and every finnish trance producer I have shown the issue have agreed it is going offtune - it must be a fault in the synthesizer.

I just got a brand new Virus TI 2 from Thomann, because they were so sorry of your companys behaviour and all the anger that has risen over this, but it does just the same as Virus TI 1.

I haven't received an answer from you since I showed you that resetting ASIO driver is only a normal behaviour that Cubase's mixer does, and it is shown on the video only for recreational purposes.

I would really much like to get to make music, and put all your staffs ignorance behind me..

Greetings Jani,

I am also from finland.

Bought a Virus TI due to the great sound of Virus C, but am still waiting to get to use my synth with my PC setup, since all Virus TI's tend to go offkey in real life composing situations. (but enough on that)

Nice to see people from Finland here too..

:)

Okay,

You haven't read the thread at all since you keep asking why I am using a sine wave.

PhD is of no worth, unless you can hear what happens - in this case.

I'll try to reply you, but sorry after this I will not try anymore, since if you cannot hear it, there is not much to discuss about..

I took a look at that video, too. I didn't actually see any instance of the 'problem' occuring in a practical situation - all I see is that if you hold a note then reset the ASIO driver you get some form of deviation on the spectroscope, specifically around the 'low shoulder' of the fundamental peak and a little on the 'high shoulder', too (the mean doesnt actually shift, by the way, which is why there is no audiable change in pitch).

According to mine, and many top of the line Finnish Trance producers ears, there is audible change in pitch. I would not wish to argue this anymore...

..this is not a question of taste.. It simply is.

Without much detail on how the waves plugin works it could either be down to a disturbance in a running mean, a non integer multiple issue, or even an issue to do with what cubase actually does when you tell it to reset the audio driver (ie something within cubase disturbing the timing).
    At any rate, I'm not surprised there is a minor discontinuity when you tell it to reset the driver - in fact it's par for the course - and do you really sit there clicking it repeatedly when your working? and if you do... why?

This is only for recreational purposes

I tick the ASIO driver dozen times, to demonstrate how people can recreate this.. 5 presses should do. And if you ask why I am pressing on the reset ASIO driver button, you really need to know, it just resets the MIXER in a similar fashion as [for example] opening a VST plug-in would.

(this is going straight to the source of the bug, and shows a situation where Access Virus TI reacts to what is done in the sequencer - yet it seems hard for some to understand this perfectly demonstrates the problem in the current Access software)

SO: This happens allways, in normal composing situation, no matter what patch is used.

There are no excuses, and yes Waves is just one analyzer, but it is perfectly fitting for spotting the differences in the frequency spectrum. Which you can hear accord&correlate to the ones seen on the screen. So there is both audible proof, and also visual for those of us who cannot hear the pitch that well (which is no dissing, some people just do not have that good an ear for tune, which in no way means they would be of lesser people or lesser important...)

edit:

Also Waves does not show these variances, when any other VST is connected to it - so you must agree, it is the Virus TI's signal that goes off, not the Waves plug-in. Do you not?

Yup, it is a Virus TI connected to a PC issue. It is both in the Virus TI OS, and the software on PC running it... no doubt...

Hey dude, incase you have any kind of musical ear, you can clearly hear this.

For some xxxxxxxx Access employees though this has had to be demonstrated using a Spectrum analyzer...

edit: incase you truly cannot hear this, then you do not have that good an ear for tune. But the problem is still there... No other synths go offkey so its kind of stupid to even post stuff like that.. so plz lets stay pro and want to get pure sinwaves out of our synths..

I just wonder where is the urge for perfection in this company..

edit2: and most definetely the Spectrum analyzer of waves is not inaccurate - you just are not that musical to hear this. You can both hear this, and see this on a spectrum analyzer, so please stop distracting this topic incase you think it is not a problem to have an offtune synthesizer..

hey LS,
    i saw your video, but i don't really get your problem, honestly. :?:
    slight tune fluctuations are appropriate with "Analog Boost" enabled, right?
    best regards, gravity

Nope, this does not happen under Logic, so this is a bug on the USB connection with PC.

Access is aware of this, but us PC users are second class musicians to them it seems...

--This does not happen ever in stand alon either, so either it is an added feature for PC users to have their synths out of tune, or this is a serious bug--

I think many of us with a perfect ear for tune would prefer this..

Best Vibes,

LS

PS. Really Access - how about finally fixing this. This is the number one bug on your to do list, since even if all the other bugs are ironed out - the synths still don't (..most of them 98%..) stay in tune when connected to PC.

So how about it, really.. I've been waiting for a working synth for now 3,5 years..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5YW8zVahmk

Yes - It will stay on tune.

Best vibes,

LS