Beiträge von Toxicatorz

it's been like that for me back in the days. the virus never ran in sync 100% of the time, but now since FL 20+ hitting stop and play a few time times won't work anymore as it's jumping out of sync within the first bar already after starting off in sync. the settings itself are optimized and correctly put dunno what it is

I tried it out again, seeing that I have one USB 2.0 Port on my mainboard, same issue, nothing changed. It would be nice if Access could get their asses up and condescend themselves to bring a software update out after 2 years and new operating systems both on Windows and Mac as well as 200 updates of the DAWs but I guess that's a dream.

What changed? (it wasn’t the Virus, that’s a given)

I don't know what happened but since Win 11 and about 15 newer versions of FL Studio it just won't work like back in the days anymore, few years ago I could use the Arp normally without issues, but now it just won't play 2 bars without lagging/falling out of the pattern etc also no update for the firmware since 2 years, this Virus itself is new and about 1 year old. I even let the Control Center change my PC settings for optimization at installation, don't know what else I can do. I tried every USB Port on my PC, nothing. it can play in sync most of the time as long as there is no ARP involved but that won't help me with tracks where I want/need to have an ARP ^^

Is there any way to fix the immense issues the Virus Ti2 has via USB Audio or can I just sell it already?

It cannot be used via USB anymore. the arp will do anything it wants at random, the plugin delay is unbearble and also will change at random. it cannot play constant/straight for 2 bars, no matter the sample rate, the VST2/VST3 version 32 bit or 64 bit, live mode or not. The last software update is 2 years old. Will there ever be a new update or can I just sell it and switch to soft synths all along? is it dead already? I was happy with it for about 15 years now, but it is not usable anymore.

Yes I know I could use it via physical audio out, but that's not what I want, the software and USB audio x3 was the biggest thing that made the Virus Ti stand out among other hardware synths.

Hi guys,

I have my Virus Ti2 Desktop since 11 years already and recently it started to behave weird.

I tried it on both FL20 on Windows 10 and Logic Pro X on OSX 10.12 Sierra.

It started a few weeks ago when out of nowhere my Virus would suddenly switch "itself" on and randomly go to random settings like LFO Destination really fast and would set the transpose to either max or lowest value immediately.

I then performed a factory reset and updated it via Control which stopped the random switch ons.

However when I used the virus via Logic Pro X recently it would behave weird again while in use and went through Filter Mode real fast constantly and kept automatically switching on and off env mode of the LFO of the currently selected patch really fast which I could even see in the Virus Plugin in Logic while going to the Edit FX windows on the virus display and flickering all the lights of both Filter Mode and LFO env mode. Nedless to say that it completely messed up all the sounds I had programmed before.

If I switch it on without using it in a DAW it will immediately go to the Edit FX Distortion section on its screen and if I exit that will go back to it after a while. It also shows all ROM- A to ROM-Z presets as empty.

Is there any fix or way to repair that or will I have to buy a new one as long as they are still available?

Disclaimer: I never dropped it, spilled liquid on it or damaged it otherwise, it literally stood on my desk for the past 11 years.

Kind regards.

I fixed it by downloading the software suite installer and removing everything completely and reinstalled it. was pretty fast and didn't need to update the firmware as it's the latest already, I'd recommend you that

Since 2 days my Total Integration Plugin stopped working.
    When I open a new project and put the Virus plugin in it works fine, once I save, close and reopen it says "No Virus Ti Snow" found, even tho I have a Ti2
    Does anyone know what to do?
    greetings

FL Studio 20, Win 10 -64bit

Ps, haven't had any problems in Logic Pro X

So I have both a mac and a windows computer. On the Mac I run logic pro X and on the win machine I have Fruity Loops installed.
    Everytime I want to switch between both I have to update my Virus to different software versions. Is there any workaround or do I have to update it everytime?
    greetings

I tried to use the Vocoder of the virus and connected a Microphone to the Input L
    I set patch 1 to OUT 1 L + R and activated the Input as Input L.
    I didn't get any signal to my Mixer (Behringer X2222)
    If I deactivate the Input and play on the midi keyboard I get a Signal and can hear everything as normal instrument.
    I then tried to play my Minibrute through the Input and got no Signal either.
    I used Static Input and got no signal if I use the virus without input I get a signal and if I use the Brute on my mixer I get a signal.
    I even set the USB Settings to 3 Outs/1 In and still didn't work.
    where am I wrong? do I need to use it manually without the USB or isit some other mistake?
    greetings

So I'm trying to make a solid psytrance kick and bass in Logic Pro X.3.
    I'm using two 1/4 notes on the offbeat for the bassline.
    now my issue is I cannot simply use the MIDI velocity to make the first 1/4th note quieter than the second note.
    I tried a lot of matrix routings like Velocity On/Off on the patch volume but it still doesn't seem to work. it plays both notes equally loud.
    How can I bring dynamics into this by routing the mod matrix in a way to make the first note quieter than the second/is there any other way of working around or can I somewhere set the MIDI velocity to work?
    cheers
    https://soundcloud.com/toxicatorz/virus-issue/s-MfE6L
    p.s: if this is the wrong topic delete the post and send me a message pls
    attachment included in case the SC link won't work

Zitat

- you can use the virus as your audio interface and audio available from the physical inputs of the virus will also be available in logic. you need to read up on connecting external instruments
    - alternatively you can use side chaining to route audio from the inputs of the virus to the plug-in.
    both is possible, both has advantages and disadvantages butt depending on your workflow you don't need a mixer to connect one external synth.

how can I do it?
    I'd like to use both at the same time but I wouldn't mind recording them separate either.

Hi everyone,
    this is my first post so sorry if I violate any rules or post this into the wrong topic.

I'm having a Virus Ti2 Desktop since 5 years and it works properly as always.
    4 Weeks ago I bought a Waldorf Blofeld Desktop Synth and it does not have a USB Audio Output.
    So I tried linking the Blofeld Audio Out into the Virus Input and set the In/Out according to the Manual but won't receive the Audio Signal In Logic Pro X.

My question now is: Is it possible to use the Virus Ti2 Desktop to get the Audio from my Blofeld into Logic via the USB Audio Output or will I need to get an external Interface (I don't own one).
    Or is it possible?
    if yes, what do I have to do?

Thanks in advance