Beiträge von Hales

we have copies of protools LE and HD. we don't see the difference, the obvious differences in the feature set designed by avid aside. as read my other post re. automatic delay compensation. is there anything obvious i'm missing here?
    best, marc

My problem has nothing to do with delay compensation but as it is "obviously" the case the user is always wrong.

I told myself I wouldn't bother posting or trying to get this issue resolved but ultimately I chose to spend $3,000 on the virus for its sound and for the total integration part. I had visions of never worrying about my patches in a project, about some cool automation, and organizing an extensive patch library. Then reality kicked me in the shin.

As it stands now I really can only reliably use my virus as a really awesome keyboard. While I do feel the virus is worthy of being just a $3,000 synth, it eats at me that I can't really use the "TI" part.

And regardless of if it is intentional or not, the brick wall I get from Access when I try to resolve the problem has beaten me into submission and I just use it as a stand alone keyboard. At least USB midi works and when you don't instantiate the plug-in you don't have to use midi cables which would just sting :)

Aside from Access getting a copy of Pro Tools 8 LE in house to test the plug-in, I think one feature that would be very helpful with this problem:

** An option to use external outputs and internal virus clock for audio even when using the TI plug-in.

So I don't get USB audio and sample accurate automation. Being able to actually use the plug-in would be worth it for me. Midi clock is plenty accurate for the arp and internal audio clock is fine because I'm recording it like I'd record a guitar track so sample accurate audio is overkill. All other automation should be available, just not sample accurate.

Maybe I'm an odd case but this is my 2 cents on a possible "quick fix" that would at least let me use the plug-in for something other than a glorified patch editor.

I have used a lot of plug-ins and have been using Pro Tools LE for a long time now. And while LE does have it's little quirks and issues, I've never had this much trouble with anything in my studio before.

I promise, I [most likely] will never post again :P

I do 99% of my patch editing on the device twisting real knobs as well.

On my TI 2 Keyboard, ROM-A 127 is "- INIT -" which is a good starting patch, ROM-A 126 is "-START-" which I assume is another, I haven't played with that one, and ROM-A 125 is one set up to play with an input based patch such as vocorder.

What I did was copy -INIT- to my RAM-A 0 , RAM-B 0, etc., as I was working on patches in a particular RAM bank I could quickly grab it, copy to my new patch and start playing around.

Hope that helps!

I'm not sure which OS you are running on, however, PT LE 8.0.3 on the Macintosh seems to have some issues with the TI plug-in ... I have made a post of my woes and there are a couple of others which you should be able to search and find pretty easily.

On the Macintosh I have imported the virus plugin track from the tutorial file into my own project and had it set everything up great. I have never been able to just add the plug-in manually and get it to work as expected, however.

So, even if you are running windows, you should be able to import the track into your project.

Also, the tutorial song is a great place to look at how the routing of midi is done as well as aux tracks.

Hope that helps a little bit.

I posted about issues with Pro Tools a number of months back and went a few e-mail back an forth with support at access and never got it resolved.

Sadly I just don't use the TI stuff when I'm working in Pro Tools I've never really got it to work well even when I've jumped through hoops. I'm pretty confident my hardware is fine as the TI plug-in works great in Logic 9 ... But I have a number of plug-ins on PT that I just can't live without.

So I use just midi through USB and go analog outs from my virus. I actually prefer to do patch editing on the keyboard itself so I don't have to boot logic to edit patches that often, thankfully.

When version 4.0 came out I installed on a snow leopard runnin' intel mac with Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 as well as an old power pc workhorse running 8.0.1

Still doesn't work reliably for me on either platform / version.

I can echo your issue to an extent, when I tried to create a fresh project with the TI RTAS plugin I could only get the init sound to play.

I CAN import from the tutorial song and get things to work but then I get sync issues (unrelated to this issue I'm sure)

The tutorial song is saved as a TDM 7.3.1f125 version ... And I've never been able to create a "fresh" project and have it work correctly.

I'm wondering if anyone can post that they run Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 or 8.0.3 and been able to create a new project, add the TI plugin, set up the midi, and get it to actually work. I.e., not just import from the tutorial song.

I'd love to know that I am just an idiot and it is possible ;)

Greetings!

I have been having a problem with ProTools 8.0 LE and the Virus TI Plug-in. I'm running OS 10.6.1 on an iMac with ProTools 8.0.3pr. I am using 3.3.0.00 of the plug-in / Virus OS. I am using my Virus TI 2 Keyboard as my midi controller through USB.

Note that this behavior also happened with the earlier beta, 3.2.0.07. This is a fresh install of ProTools on a new mac - installed 8.0 then upgraded to 8.0.3pr so any latent configuration issues should hopefully not be there.

I'll begin by saying that I've successfully used the plug-in with Logic 9, I've read the .pdf for ProTools and examined the sample project closely.

I'm just not as comfortable with logic as I am with ProTools and those evil Digi folks just announced the Eleven Rack so ... I need to try and figure this problem out.

I'll admit i'm a "noob" with midi recording for the most part as I tend to record audio tracks for all my "real" instruments such as guitar or keyboards.

But I digress, my point is that I'm really hoping this is user error and you smart midi guys can help me out :)

The end behavior is I can only hear output when I play midi channel 1 and it will play ALL of the virus parts, not just part 1.

If I load the sample project provided by Access it works great - I select any midi channel strip and they play fine. If I IMPORT the instrument from the sample project into my own project it works as well even if I add my own midi channels and route them.

It is only if I try to create the instrument from scratch that I see this problem.

I am using the sample project as a template right now but it isn't the optimal solution.

I'll go over how I set up the project to illustrate the failure I see:

* Create a new project
    * Create new tracks: 1 stereo instrument track + 2 MIDI tracks
    * Add Virus TI (stereo) instrument to insert A of the instrument track
    * Select Virus TI 1-1 for output of MIDI track 1
    * Make sure MIDI track 1 is the only track selected (for midi through)
    * Ensure part 1 is selected in the plug-in; drag some patch onto the part
    * Select the common page and set Main Out to USB1 L+R
    * Play some virus keys and hear the patch just as expected
    * Select MIDI track 2 (only track selected)
    * Select Virus TI 1-2 for output of MIDI track 2
    * Select Part 2 in plug-in; drag a different patch
    * Go to common page, set main out to USB1 L+R
    * Play keys, notice activity on virus plug on part 2 in but NO SOUND.
    * Select MIDI track 1 (only track selected)
    * Play keys and both virus parts sound at the same time even though the plug-in shows activity only on part 1.

Also, changing the volume of part 1 on the plug-in will adjust the volume of the part 2 patch but changing the part 2 volume slider does nothing. It is acting like some sort of "master fader"

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I'm happy to send this simple project to Access if it will help.

Kind Regards.