Beiträge von jrm1

Is it just my unit or does anyone else have this problem? Using Tape clocked delay (4/16 and 2/16) the delay loses sync sometimes, actually very often. Worst usually when starting the song somewhere in the middle. It spews out effected notes also.

That's useful but hardly the same as being able to store an arp.

Generally you don't think to yourself " this arp'll work nicely here" and design a sound to fit the arp. You'd have to make a note of the OSC and filter sections and maybe some complex LFO stuff of the sound you want and start dialing them in to the patch with the arp you liked. It would be easier to write down the rhythm of the arp on a scrap piece of paper and dial that in to the sound that's mostly right.

It would have been useful to be able to make arps and store them as user arps rather than store them just as part of patches. Will they incorporate the idea in future software releases?

I'd like to edit a preset ARP and save it as a user arp. I can't seem to find a way to name User arps and save them like presets.

Not much traffic in this forum, heh!

Access told me the best way to use Virus TI Control in Logic is to forget the environment and instead create a new track in the arrange. Make sure you select 'multitimbral' and Logic will create 16 tracks all with the same instrument name. They will have ascending MIDI numbers, corresponding to your part numbers in the plugin.

Load up some sounds and they should play. Go to Common in VC and check they're routed each to the outs you desire.

To automate, forget 'Volume' (that's for all 16 parts). Instead click and hold and a menu will shoot out revealing first all of the TI parts 1-16. Choose the relevant part and a huge list of parameters will shoot out from which you choose the one you want to automate. Then draw a curve. It should automate the parameter just for that part, not all parts.

Tedious when compared to automating Massive, but you get there eventually.

I'm getting weird MIDI behaviour running Virus TI in Logic. It's hooked up via USB. Some notes hold, as if the sustain pedal is on, and other notes don't trigger at all. It's a different region or set of notes every time and I have checked the polarity of the sustain pedal and looked down to see if my foot is stuck to the thing, but no...

Anyone any ideas?

On page 12 of the Control Tutorial, it says the Virus patches are stored here:

/LibraryApplication Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches

For some reason I don't have an Access Music folder in Application Support (or anywhere on the Mac for that matter).

?

Is that the same as asking 'hardware outs or USB outs?'?

Why I ask is I'm having trouble getting my head around USB vs MIDI and hardware outs. Some aspects of it anyway. It's a new concept for me having a plugin tell a hardware synth to send audio out of its hardware outs.

One way of answering your question might be to tell you how it happened.

The TI is hooked up with USB to the Mac. Hooked up also are MIDI in and OUT cables into a Unitor MIDI box, which in turn talks to the Mac. The plugin's common tab is where I've selected OUT 1+2 for output.

I sat there and pressed the 2 buttons SHIFT and AUDITION to audition sounds. After a few patches I got this tone, which meant I had to sleep the unit and wake it up again. Maybe it was a one-off?

How can I get the knobs on my TI desktop to transmit MIDI data when they're turned. Logic's connected via MIDI and also USB. I want to know how to use this synth best in Logic.

My priorities are:

Highest volume possible

Most flexible, comprehensive automation

I read that the volume when outputs are set to USB is less hot than using the hardware outs, so I select OUT 1+2. Outputs are routed into my desk fine.

The problem I now have is I can't automate anything from Logic. Last time I tried anything I set up Virus TI as a software instrument in Logic's environment. Then I drew a volume curve in Logic - that data doesn't get read by my TI.

I'm also a little confused about MIDI versus USB, since I read that the USB cable can transmit MIDI, obviating the need for MIDI cables...

After auditioning sounds using the shift and audition buttons for a while, I suddenly get this flatline sound crashing in to replace the patch I'm auditioning. Nothing gets me out of it until I hit sleep on the TI. Anyone help?