Beiträge von utadeer

Hi all,

Does anyone have a .midnam file / patch list for the current Virus TI2? The only thing I've been able to find on the internet is a few years old and only reflects up to ROM Bank S (and currently need up to bank Z). I realize that the TI software is intended to manage patches, which is why the files aren't officially released by Access, but I don't use either of the supported DAWs on Mac and am trying to find a way to integrate the synth into my studio as a more traditional hardware synth.

Also, any ideas how to use the TI with studios where Live or Logic aren't the DAW? Just to list what I've tried:

I use Digital Performer 9.01 on Mac OS 10.10.4 Virus TI AU more or less works hosted in DP while using it (MIDI sync is tight, even across tempo changes), but the program crashes if I close the sequence, instantiate another plugin or change the buffer size

Hosting the AU in Vienna Ensemble 32-bit or 64-bit does not work: the plugin “looses sync” and supposedly regains sync by starting and stopping the transport, but it takes repeated attempts to do so. DP does not crash when closing the sequence, however.

Hosting the VST or VST3 in Plogue Bidule within DP is seems to work, but when closing the sequence or changing the buffer size then once again DP crashes. Hosting the VST or VST3 in Plogue Bidule standalone in ReWire mode also seems to work, no crashes, but for some reason no interface windows appear when you double-click (it says under “Windows” that it is open but I can’t see it), so there’s no way to access the plugin interface.

Hosting VST in Ableton Live works great, as you’d expect because it’s a supported host, but connecting DP and Ableton via IAC MIDI is not a great solution, because the MIDI clock sync is not as tight. Running Live as a ReWire slave should work great, but in that mode you aren’t allowed to host 3rd party plugins!!

If I could only get the patch lists (.midnam), I think that would give me a chance to be able to effectively use the synth. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, guys!

~Kristopher

Hi everyone,

I understand very clearly that Digital Performer is not a supported host, although some are able to make it work. In my own case, I couldn't get DP to even launch after AU validation, but I discovered that removing the TI Snow component allowed it to proceed (I have a Polar Darkstar ed. so the Snow plugin is not needed). Does anyone know details about what in the AU implementation is different from either Live or Logic X on Mac that makes it incompatible? I would love to have a dialog with MOTU to try to address this incompatibility. I am trying to run it as an AU on Digital Performer 9.01 in Mac OS X 10.10.4 and, while the plugin instantiates, I do get occasional crashes while using it, and consistently if I switch to another plugin or close the sequence. However, at least tempo sync is tight, even across tempo changes.

Also, is anyone using it successfully in Vienna Ensemble Pro?

Thanks for your help with these questions!

All the best,
    Kristopher