Beiträge von benskandha

Todays answer from Access after contacting them 6 month later for the same problem :

Dear Ben,

We wrote you that we were able to recreate the issue here. There's not really anything we can add to that.

With best regards,

Access Music Support

So please , i realy need people to try this and tell me if they can reproduce the problem or not .

If people have the same behavior , i will just sell my virus and buy something else loosing 800 eur reselling it .

Because this problem , even if you listen clearly at it when you have a very simple patch , and it become unlistenable when you have a more complex patch , its obvious its still here and the audio quality goes fucked by this cracks noises and artefacts , thats ,not acceptable for any synth .

Doing the exact same thing with my nord lead 4 , i dont have any single pop or crack , sound stay totaly clean while using lfo or transposing the pitch with semitone knob

here you can listen to that problem on soundcloud :

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

sorry i foregt to answer you in english , i made an other post cause i didnt get any answer from nobody from 6 months ago and i need people to check with thier unit if they can reproduce the problem or not .

Only one people told me he couldnt reproduce the problem .

Access vanswered me again today after contacting them again , telling me they already answered me that they can reproduce the problem and that there is nothing else they can do . I dont trust that . I cant imagine a 1800 eur viurs ti2 not able to pitch any waveform ( cause this actualy happen with sine , saw , square and all other wavesform ) without producing heavy noises cracks pops and artefacts in the high frequencies . Thats totaly unrealistic .

If some other people tell me they can not reproduce the problem , then it mean access dont want to move a finger to help me to repair my unit ....

Alors non ce n'est pas du spam ,, si j'ai refais un post c'est parce que je n'ai recu aucune reponse depuis 6 mois .... et que je GALERE GRAVE .....

bref : lien soundcloud :

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

pour le preset rien de plus simple :

sound init with smooth mode on

Only Osc1 alone with sawwave .

Transpose : 0

only filter 1 with high pass filter , filtercutoff 65

bend : +63

No effect , no lfo , juste une saw toute simple joué en note C3 et ensuite modulée avec le knob semitone de l'socillateur 1 , rien d'autre . Et il se produit la meme chose si je module le pitch du osc1 avec un lfo .

Sur l'extrait audio de soundcloud c'est super clair .....

hey !

I have a problem with my Ti2 . Actualy speaking with virus support but no answer at the moment , first they answered me fast and now i am waiting answer for about 6 months

My problem is extremly easy to explain , no need to import an audio file here , but if needed i can do it . I really need someone to try it and tell me if the same noises occurs .

I use the most basic preset , a simple sound init , only osc1 with a sine wave , no effects , no lfo , no filter enveloppe . High pass filter . no amp , no enveloppe , just do nothing and use the most simple waveform .

Then , while playing a long note , when i start to use the semitone knob , i have a very anoying noise on the high frequencies , you can not hear it when you pitch down ( of course , because of the high pass filter ) , but anytime you pitch up , the noises appear . Then , if i put a single lfo on the osc 1 , same problem , the noise appear when the wave go up , making the sound very dirty .

Its not only happening with sine wave , with other waves form as well , but its easier to listen with a single sine wave . It happen with other kind of filters too .

As well , when i turn the knob of the high pass filter cutoff , same problem but lighter .

Seems , any change on a long note applied on the high frequencies produce this note .

And im truly asking myself if its my virus ti2 having an issue , or if this problem is a factory problem and everybody have the same noise when doing this .

Its actualy a big problem for me , cause i want to make a very long high frequencies pitched note on my track , and i cant have it clean .

I tried everything . Smooth on is not the problem . Factory reset is not the problem . I tried by usb , analog , virus control , same problem . My system is totaly clean , my nord lead with same config make me zero noise . I tried with midi usb , or direct midi cable , same result . I tried factory bank reset , no result . Punch dont do nothing . 44000hz or 48000 hz same issue .

My knobs are not the problem , they work perfectly fine and dont produce noise , im sure of this because the noise appear the same way when i use only virus control VST .

It mean , i can apply any lfo on a single sine wave , or use semitone transpose , or move filter cutoff , withotu producing noises . Thats totaly weird .

Same issue with all oscillators 1 , 2 or 3 . Same issue producing the long note with a long decay and release , or writiing a long note in the sequencer .

I tried with ableton 6 , 9 and 10 , same issue . I tried with emu soundcard , rme babyface soundcard , virus soundcard , or computer soundcard , same problem .

Even if i play the note , and then totaly disconnect the virus from all his cables , then the note keep playing inside the virus , i move the knobs and same problem .

Same problem with headphones output on the virus , analog outputs , or midi audio .

Its driving me crazy .............. HELP HELP HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

a 1800 eur synth where i cant use a single lfo on a sine wave ? or transpose a note in real time , with no crack noise ????? thats weird , and not normal .

Sound init with 0 modulations or effects is the most simple patch ever , how is that possible ?

I use a lot the semitone modulations , and now , i cant work . Not sure if that was happening before , i guess yes , but as i was using more complex patchs , i never listen to this noises . And now i just want a single sine wave pitched up , i cant do it .......... With more complex patches you cant listen to this easily , but its here

Anyone can try it please ? I realy need other people to do a test because virus answered me 6 months ago it is a normal behavior from virus engine , so , i abandonned the idea to got it fixed . And i stopped to use it , because if i cant do the most simple thing ever on this synth without damaging the audio quality , i prefer not to use it .

Thanks for your help guys !!!

answer from Access :

Dear Ben,

We can exclude a hardware problem on your unit here. The same happens here also on the TI2 devices we tested this with completely stand-alone with headphones. This is not something unique to your unit. This is the way the Virus' sound engine acts in this case.

With best regards,

Access Music Support

For a 1800 euros synth ?? it a total joke ............... IM A SO SO DISAPOINTED ! And i cant trust that .

Someone already answered me he cant reproduce the same problem . I need more feedbacks please !!!!

THANK YOU

BEN :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Are you sure of that please ? because Access answered me they can reproduce the problem with their ti2 , tried it on various device , and same problem for them . So , are you realy sure , you have zero artifact and crack noises in sound when you use the semitone knob to transpose a single wave , or saw , any kind of wave ? and same problem of course with the lfo changing the pitch of the wave . This happen only on the high frequencies , not on the low frequencies , and even when i move my filter knob it make soem strange sounds . Same problem with usb audio , analog , headphones . I tried any setup in 6 months with many soundcards or sequencers , even different OS for my laptop , in different places in houses of my friends with their computer , and same problem everytime . Look like my virus have a problem , i cant imagine what answered me access is true , look the answer :

Dear Ben,

We can exclude a hardware problem on your unit here. The same happens here also on the TI2 devices we tested this with completely stand-alone with headphones. This is not something unique to your unit. This is the way the Virus' sound engine acts in this case.

With best regards,

Access Music Support

For a 1800 euros synth ?? it a total joke ............... IM A SO SO DISAPOINTED !

Hello .

I have a problem with my Ti2 . Actualy speaking with virus support but no answer at the moment , first they answered me fast and now i am waiting answer for abotu a week .

My problem is extremly easy to explain , no need to import an audio file here , but if needed i can do it . I really need someone to try it and tell me if the same noises occurs .

I use the most basic preset , a simple sound init , only osc1 with a sine wave , no effects , no lfo , no filter enveloppe . High pass filter .

Then , while playing a long note , when i start to use the semitone knob , i have a very anoying noise on the high frequencies , you can not hear it when you pitch down ( of course , because of the high pass filter ) , but anytime you pitch up , the noises appear . Then , if i put a single lfo on the osc 1 , same problem , the noise appear when the wave go up , making the sound very dirty .

Its not only happening with sine wave , with other waves form as well , but its easier to listen with a single sine wave .

As well , when i turn the knob of the high pass filter cutoff , same problem but lighter .

Seems , any change on a long note applied on the high frequencies produce this note .

And im truly asking myself if its my virus ti2 having an issue , or if this problem is a factory problem and everybody have the same noise when doing this .

Its actualy a big problem for me , cause i want to make a very long high frequencies note on my track , and i cant have it clean .

I tried everything . Smooth on is not the problem . Factory reset is not the problem . I tried by usb , analog , virus control , same problem . My system is totaly clean , my nord lead with same config make me zero noise . I tried with midi usb , or direct midi cable , same result . I tried factory bank reset , no result . Punch dont do nothing . 44000hz or 48000 hz same issue .

My knobs are not the problem , they work perfectly fine and dont produce noise , im sure of this because the noise appear the same way when i use only virus control VST .

It mean , i can apply any lfo on a single sine wave , or use semitone transpose , or move filter cutoff , withotu producing noises . Thats totaly weird .

Same issue with all oscillators 1 , 2 or 3 . Same issue producing the long note with a long decay and release , or writiing a long note in the sequencer .

I tried with ableton 6 , 9 and 10 , same issue . I tried with emu soundcard , rme babyface soundcard , virus soundcard , or computer soundcard , same problem .

Even if i play the note , and then totaly disconnect the virus from all his cables , then the note keep playing inside the virus , i move the knobs and same problem .

Same problem with headphones output on the virus , analog outputs , or midi audio .

Its driving me crazy .............. HELP HELP HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

a 1800 eur synth where i cant use a single lfo on a sine wave ? or transpose a note in real time , with no crack noise ????? thats weird , and not normal .

Sound init with 0 modulations or effects is the most simple patch ever , how is that possible ?

If you do the same config on operator synth on ableton , just put a sinewave , and move the transpose , you will listen the same kind of cracks and noise , i tried it on my system , and the syustem of a friend , looks like normal , but then , when you put an lfo on that same sinewave with operator , the wave go up and down smoothly with zero noise , its only the transpose making that noise .

I use a lot the semitone modulations , and now , i cant work . Not sure if that was happening before , i guess yes , but as i was using more complex patchs , i never listen to this noises . And now i just want a single sine wave pitched up , i cant do it ..........

Anyone can try it please ?

Thanks for your help guys .:love:

Thanks for answer .

No , i bought it new in november 2015 . . .

Am i the only one here having some patches in my RAM that didnt figure in my ROM ??? seriously ? so strange ....

For exemple one of the first patche of RAM A is named : trib@lgruv , inexistant in all my ROM patches .......

Possibly Access updated the patches recently ?

someone in same situation than me ?

Yes i can save my RAM A in my empty ROM slots , BUT , i like to use those empty rom to add new sounds i downloaded online , not to make a copy of my RAM .

A big part of my RAM patches are present in the ROM section , but an other part is not .

Thank you Access to make me loose my time for nothing really thank you .

If the notice say : RAM patches are copies of ROM , it should be as its writted . I paid 1700 euros that synth just to say , so if at least the notice could be correct ?

Thats not cool ...............

Thank you /. Yes i have done that , but , i like to keep my ram patches because so;e are inexistant in my rom , so i dont want to erase my ram thats the problem . I think i will put in the empty rom section .

What i dotn understand : how can access virus sell a 1700 euros synthetyser with some much erors and wrong things inside the manual coming with the synth ?

if the manual say patches in ram are copies of rom patches it should be like that . Its not acceptable realy to writte wrong things inside the manual .

I bought a nord lead 4 in same time and i can say you manual is 200% correct , no erros . and its easier , more logical .

Virus give me more possibilities of programing of course , but definitivly nord lead as the best interface best notice and is more clear .

There is not even any good manual avaiable in my French lengage on the virus web site . The only one present is for virus ti not for virus ti2 so there is patches problem for leasons .

1700 eur for a synth and no french manual ? ok i have the quick start manual in french ( unuseful realy ) but .... ?????

The synth didnt disapointed me , but the manual and the way all the support is done yes , and a lot . Loads of things to say really ....

Anyway thanks for your help

Ben

Hello

In my RAM section , a lot of patches are unique . They are not copy of some ROM patches . Understand ? i mean , the notice of Virus ti2 say the RAM patches are ALL copies of ROM patches , so you can erase them and save other sounds without loosing the original RAM patche like it should be the same that some other in the ROM section .

In my RAM section i have lot of patches not present in the ROM , so if i save on the top of those RAM patches i will loose the sound forever .

i dont use so much the VST and personal libraries so i realy need to save my new patches in the RAM without fearing to loose anything .

Is that normal ? Why lots of those RAM sounds are not present in my ROM section ?

I bought the virus ti2 in november 2015

thanks for answer and help

Ben

what is the solution for me to save safely without loosing the original RAM presets witch are not presents in the ROM section ? for exemple one of the first preset of my RAM A named : Trib@gruv , dont exist in any of my rom . And there are a lot of presets more like that .... If i save on top of that prest i can say it ciao for ever ??? Ok i can save the patche with the Virus VST in personal libraries , but i dont use so much the VST so i truly prefer to save my new patches inside the RAM section .....

Thanks for your help

Ben

Hello

I bought my virus ti2 in november 2015

I have a lot of patches in the RAM section witch are not existing in the ROM . is that normal ? the notice say RAM patches are a reproduction of ROM patches , but in my case lots of patch are not .
    So my problem is if i save some new patches on a RAM patches existing only in the RAM section , i will loose the patche for ever .

Someone can explain me why the notice say RAM patches are reproduction of ROM patches , when its not ???

Thanks for your help

Ben